Bluth Company Universal Trade/Lineup Thread PT 2: Offseason Trade Deadline at 12am!

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
TRADE RULES:

-No trade can involve more than 4 Roster Players (combined from both teams)
-No trade can involve more than 6 total pieces (combined from both teams)

-GMs are allowed Two Trades Per Season. The specific Injury, Offseason, Regular Season, and Deadline moves have all been removed. Yes, even the Injury Trade. These two trades can be used at any time from Day 1 of the Offseason until the Trade Deadline.

This is the rule that both directly and indirectly separates this league from the rest. Trades are supposed to be a big deal. A trade is the literal removal of assets from your team in place of other assets in order to make the team better. Its not something that real GMs take lightly. The success of their team and their jobs depend on how well their decisions pan out. One of the major reasons so many other leagues unfortunately dont work out is because people get so excited about making trades that they forget their team needs, how close their team is to a cup, how these deals will impact their present and future. This isn't the case in The Bluth Company because of the above mentioned rules. GMs will have had two seasons to shape their team, to manage their cap, and plan for a Cup run or Rebuild.

==============================================================
Click here for...Trade/Lineup Thread PT 1

Click here for...League Discussion/Signup Thread

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
EAST:

- Rangers-Jack de la Hoya--->Gamertag: Jhoya
- Penguins-matt1396--->Gamertag: brown man power
- Flyers-Gary83--->Gamertag: Gary Garoo (???)
- Devils-Chessarmy--->Gamertag: Chessarmyx28
medium.png
- Islanders-[URL="http://hfboards.mandatory.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=148345"]cbenini87[/URL]--->Gamertag: TheRealCBenini
================================================== ====================================
- Bruins-DoubleK81--->Gamertag: DoubleK1281
- Senators-HaliMooseHeads--> Gamertag: Vnecker
- Sabres-Stockey--->Gamertag: Stockey10
- Maple Leafs-gunnerdom--->Gamertag: ejaculine78
- Canadiens-CHamps--->Gamertag: oftoronto
================================================== ====================================
- Panthers-jsolari11--->Gamertag: JSolari11
- Capitals-Evolu7ion--->Gamertag:iiEleva7e
- Lightning-dbridge92--->Gamertag: Bicktacular
- Jets-Couto 10--->Gamertag: plodee34
- Hurricanes- 4EDM14OIL93 --->Gamertag: XxFALLEN13xX

RESERVES:

Flames92
HughJazz3dg
Sinurgy

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
th

- Blues-stevezz-Gamertag:stevezz09
- Predators-xvx santillo--->Gamertag: xvx Santillo
- Red Wings-jesusprice89--->Gamertag: antttt89
- Blackhawks-xX Hot Fuss--->Gamertag xX BO0TY Sweat
- Blue Jackets-Slightlystewpid420-->Gamertag: sensiXsensei420
- Canucks-Millw00d--->Gamertag: millw00d80 (O's are zeros)
- Flames-jeffbokan--->Gamertag: Rainbow something...
- Avalanche-Avsfan89--->Gamertag: AdamRadical
- Wild-dunner--->Gamertag: GunnerDunner
- Oilers-Nick1219--->Gamertag: Nick1219
- Coyotes-ArGarBarGar--->Gamertag: ArGarBarGar
- Sharks-TheFadedLine--->Gamertag:Twenty8savesL8r
- Kings-SubdrewgANS--->Gamertag: SubdrewgANS
- Dallas-Harold Druken--->Gamertag: Harold Druken
- Ducks-HabsIslesFan--->Gamertag: MacMillanKen88

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The Bluth Company Confirmed Trades for the 2013-14 Season

:sharks MIN 2013 1st Rnd, ANA 2013 1st Rnd and Z. Konopka
:wild L. Couture, NJD 2013 1st Rnd and MTL 2013 1st Rnd[/QUOTE]

Trade is APPROVED. This is the offseason move for both the SanJose Sharks and Minnesota Wild.
================================================

:isles Lehtonen, Oduya, Morin, Nordstrom
:hawks Bernier, 2013 1st

Trade is APPROVED. This is the Offseason move for both the New York Islanders and Chicago Blackhawks.

:cbj 2013 1st (6th overall)
:hawks Anisimov, LA 2013 1st

Trade is APPROVED. This is an Offseason move for the Blue Jackets and a Regular season move for the Blackhawks (Bolland (2C) out 47 games). The Blackhawks cannot (pending injury) trade again until the Trade Deadline

:panthers ANH 1st (10th ovr), Bealieu, & Dan Boyle
:sharks Versteeg & Fleischman

Trade is APPROVED. This is an Offseason move for the Panthers and a Regular Season move for the Sharks. San Jose can no longer trade (pending injury) until the Trade Deadline.

:kings Neal & 2013 DAL 1st round pick
:pens Brown, Toffoli, & 2013 LA 2nd round pick

Trade is APPROVED. This is an Offseason move for both the Kings and Penguins.

:flames Carolina 2013 1st & Nathan Gerbe
:cbj CGY 2013 1st (8th ovr)

Trade is APPROVED. This is an Offseason move for the Flames and a Regular Season move for the Blue Jackets. Columbus cannot trade again until the Trade Deadline.
=================================================

:sens Tedenby, Salvador, 2013 4th, & *conditional 2014 2nd
:devils Phillips & Latendresse
*If New Jersey makes the 2014 playoffs, the Devils 2014 2nd goes to Ottawa.

Trade is APPROVED. This is an Offseason move for the Senators and Devils.

:caps Luongo

:nucks 2013 1st round pick, 2014 1st round pick, & Braden Holtby

Trade is APPROVED. This is an Offseason Move for both the Capitals and Canucks

:bolts Gorges, Bourque, 2013 4th
:habs Lecalvier, Diaz, 2013 5th

Trade is APPROVED. This is an Offseason Move for both the Lightning and Canadiens

:rangers Brodziak, 2013 1st (PIT), & 2014 3rd
:wild Hagelin

Trade is APPROVED. This is an Offseason move for the Rangers and a Regular Season Move for the Wild, who cannot trade again (pending injury) until the trade deadline.

:habs Lecalvier, Diaz, 2014 2nd
:bolts Markov, Bourque, 2014 3rd

Trade is APPROVED. This is an Offseason move for both the Lightning and a Regular Season Move for the Habs, who cannot trade again until the Deadline.

:avs Williams
:kings2 O'Sullivan, Barrie, 2014 2nd

Trade is APPROVED. This is a Regular Season move for both the Kings and Avalanche. Neither team can trade again (pending injury) until the Trade Deadline

Flyers: Martin, Cox, 2014 2nd
Wild: Wellwood, Couturier

Trade is APPROVED. This is an Injury TradeB] for both the Wild and Flyers.
==================================================

Wings: Fleury, Jeffery, 2014 2nd
Penguins: Howard, Tatar, 2014 3rd

Trade is APPROVED. This is a Regular Season move for both the Penguins and Red Wings. Neither team can trade again until the Deadline.
===================================================

Florida: Perron, Stewart, & Schwartz
St. Louis: Huberdeau & Donksoi

Trade is Approved. This is a Regular Season Move for both the Blues and Panthers. Neither team can trade again until the Deadline.

Washington: Larrson
Devils: Schultz (83), Perrault (81), Neuvirth (83), 2014 2nd

Trade is APPROVED. This is a Regular Season Move for both the Capitals and Devils. Neither team can trade again until the Deadline.

Chicago: Ryan Nugent Hopkins
Philadelphia: Anisimov, Stalberg, 2014 1st, Brandon Saad

Trade is APPROVED. This is a Regular Season Move for the Flyers, and a Trade Deadline Move for the Hawks. The Flyers can make one more trade this season, the Hawks can no longer trade until the Offseason.

Wild: Havlat
Sharks: Couturier, 2014 1st

Trade is APPROVED. This is a Deadline Move for both the Wild and Sharks. Neither team can trade again until the Offseason.

Tampa: Michalek
Phoenix: Connoly, Rask, Lee, 2014 3rd

Trade is APPROVED. This is a Regular Season Move for both the Bolts and Coyotes. Each team is still allowed a Trade Deadline Move.

Washington: Lupul
Toronto: Galiev, Wilson, Chimera

Trade is APPROVED. This is a Trade Deadline Move for the Capitals. They cannot trade again until the Offseaon. This is a Regular Season Move for the Leafs, they are allowed one more trade at the Deadline.

Buffalo: Brewer, Gallagher, 2014 2nd
Montreal: Erhoff, Armia

Trade is APPROVED. This is a Regular Season Move for the Sabres. This is a Trade Deadline Move for the Habs, who cannot trade again until next season.

Buffalo: Bozak
Toronto: Regher

Trade is APPROVED. This is a Deadline Move for both teams. Neither team can trade until the Offseason.

Trade is APPROVED. This is a Regular Season Move for
====================================================

Detroit: Ryder
Dallas: Abdelkader, PIT 2014 2nd

Trade is Approved. This is a Deadling Move for the Wings, and a Regular Season Move for the Stars. Dallas is allowed one more trade

Pittsburgh: Byfuglien, Wheeler, 2014 1st
Winnipeg: Heatley and Dustin Brown

Trade is APPROVED. This is a Regular Season Move for the Jets and the Penguins.

Pittsburgh: Smith, Puempel, 2014 2nd
Ottawa: Kennedy, Niskanen, 2014 4th

Trade is APPROVED. This is a Deadline Move for both the Penguins and Senators. Neither team can trade until next season.
=====================================================

Boston: Backes, 2014 1st, 2014 2nd
St. Louis: Bergeron

Trade is Approved. This is a Deadline Move for both teams and neither team can trade again until next season.
=====================================================

Dallas: Glencross
Flames: Clowe, 2014 3rd

Trade is APPROVED. This is a Deadline Move for both teams and neither team can trade again until next season.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Alright, here's what i've been thinking about as far as next offseason goes...

Managing Cap Space:
-What happened with Montreal and New York this past offseason, that wont be happening again. Every GM now knows how the NHL Salary Cap and Organization Salary Cap now work. All of this information is easily available in the contract screen. However, you will have to add the salaries of the "In The System" players to your Cap space as well.

I cant fault MTL and NYR this offseason because neither I nor them had any idea how this was going to work. However, now that we do know, its the GM Responsibility to manage their cap space. This is such a huge part of being a GM in real life and it should play an equally important role in NHL 13. If you dont have cap space to sign your players then you dont have cap space. Thats a very real occurence in the real NHL (see 2010 Blackhawks)

Strict Schedule:
Easily the biggest offseason issue was Boston losing Lucic and Marchand to Free Agency. This happened largely in part due to the loose schedule i had for the offseason, which was caused by a total lack of understanding on how many sim periods were involved in the offseason. I got over anxious, wanted to get things done as quickly as possible so to allow GMs to get back to the regular season ASAP. This was a mistake. The Offseason is an important process and i need to treat it as such. This is how the offseason will be broken down from now on...

==============================================
AP=Advance Period

AP 1: This is during the Stanley Cup Finals round. In this AP, all GMs are required to set their Draft Priority

Day 1-->AP 2 (June 26th): After the SCFs are finished, i'll be simming all the way up THROUGH the Draft. Bringing us to the first eligible day to send contracts to our UFAs and RFAs. GMs will then have 24 hours to submit their offers.

*I have 2-3 more advances inbetween here that i may use for the most active GMs to immediately see if their players signed or not

Day 2-->AP 3 (June 29th): I'll then advance the schedule again, bringing us to June 27th. At this point, GMs will then have another 12 hours to submit counter offers to their players if they have rejected them.

Day 2-->AP 4 (July 1st): I'll then advance the schedule again, bringing us all the way through to July 1st. GMs will be given an additional 12 hours to manage any freak occurences that happened during AP 2 & 3.

Day 3-->AP 5 (July 2nd): I'll then advance the schedule to July 2nd, which will be the Official 1st day of Free Agency. During this time period, GMs will have 24 hours to submit offers to any player they like. Any and all players not signed by GMs i.e. lost to Free Agency, are available to any and all GMs.

Day 4-->AP 6 (July 3rd): Gms will be given until sometime the next night to send any further offers they wish to send.

Day 4-->AP 7 (October 3rd): Free Agency will have been finished. The Regular Season will have begun.

***Throughout this entire process, i'll be expecting GMs to send me "Confirmation" PMs telling me they've submitted their contracts

..This will be done because if (IF) every GM has submitted their offers i'll be able to advance to the next AP earlier than listed. Early Advances will only happen if every GM has submitted a PM to me.===============================================

Free Agency:
Free Agency needs to be a real thing in this league. It doesn't exist just as a process for me to sim through. Its designed for other GMs to be given a chance to improve their teams. Especially since i put a limit on trades, Free Agency offers a potential league shakeup and boost to other teams.

I will not, NOT be lenient next offseason. My schedule is going to be very strict. GMs are going to have to pay attention and be active during this time period because its not fair to the rest of the league for an entire process like this to be ignored due to your inactivity. This means you have to get on xbox live, and send GOODcontracts in a timely manner and do whatever you need to do in order to sign your players. Any players that fall to Free Agency...thats just too damn bad. If Toews and Kane BOTH for some reason just refuse to sign with Chicago and/or i cannot afford their cap hits (EVEN due to the "In the System" effect) then that means i lose Toews and Kane.

In Summary:
The Offseason is going to be a 4 Day Process. Yes, it sucks. I know it sucks. I want to get back to playing games just as much as you all do. But unless EVERY GM sends me a PM, consider this the schedule. I cannot stress this enough. It is your responsibility to...

1) Manage your Cap Space
2) Follow the above mentiond Schedule
3) Be Active and knowledgeable about the ongoings of the league during this time

Last edited:

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
How will we know which UFAs and Rfas simply cannot be afforded by the teams and were let go ?

Hybrid MB24

Nov 3, 2006
Pennsylvania
BLUTH COMPANY FREE AGENCY

Some things i'd like everyone to know...

-Last night i advanced to the 1st day allowed for offering RFA's and UFA's contracts (June 26th). Roughly half of TBC GMs were online at this time so i asked everyone to offer contracts to their players.

-I then advanced the schedule period again to June 27th, to see which Contracts were accepted and/or denied by various players

-At 8pm tonight US Central time, i'll be advancing the schedule again to allow GMs to make counter offers to any/all RFAs and UFAs who did NOT accept the offers originally sent to them. Hypothetically, this advance should only take the league to June 30th, one day before the official UFA signings can begin.

I'm home all day Tuesday so i'll see where everyone stands on their contract situation. There's already been problems with every team because EA decided to include "In the System" players against the NHL cap which is seriously hurting our ability to sign all of our players.

-JULY 1st will have NO GMS make any offers to any free agents...yet. Since this is the 1st year we're doing this and none of us have any idea how it works, i may even cancel free agency completely, allowing all UFAs to go back to their original teams. It may sound bad but the league can potentially be completely ruined after one season if Free Agency isn't handled properly. Also, No Offer Sheets will be allowed until they are approved by ME. Again, this will only be for the 1st season. I want to be sure that the league is still in tact and that teams aren't getting unfairly screwed over.

-JULY 1st will most likely occur tomorrow and last until Tuesday night, after that, i'll advance the schedule again (just like last night) to get every GM a chance to see which UFAs/RFA's were signed and to offer new contracts when applicable.

***IN CLOSING:***

I could not be more serious about this, any GM who offers an RFA an offer sheet or sends an offer to a UFA not previously on their team last season will both 1) be forced to send that player back to their original team for a 3rd round pick as punishment and 2) be on my **** list for making this long and drawn out Offseason even more complicated than it already is. This is your warning. This is a tense time for me and the future of the league so do not make things any harder than they need to be.

Thank god, I like the idea. EA really **** the bed on the GM Connected Offseason. My god. Guess we should all devise a list of players others CAN'T sign.

NEW YORK RANGERS LIST
C DEREK STEPAN
D MICHAEL SAUER

So for anyone hitting potential issues with retaining/keeping players. I say Make a list!

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
How will we know which UFAs and Rfas simply cannot be afforded by the teams and were let go ?

I want any and all GMs who are having contract issues to contact me. Either via PM or xbox live. I'm home all of tonight and all of tomorrow afternoon. If you're experiencing any issues YOU have to let me know.

When i know which GMs are good to go and which GMs still need more time/are having issues, i'll let you guys know.

1) Expect League wide UFA signings to happen Tuesday night/Wednesday night
2) I honestly wouldn't be expecting any major UFAs to be available. Especially since this is a videogame, i think as long as the original team sends them a good offer they'll accept it 99% of the time.

HaroldDruken

XBOX ONE
Sep 14, 2012
I would like to request that teams list whether or not they still have their one season trade or not... maybe on their team page somewhere? I would hate for people to waste their time looking for a player and inquiring about a trade only to find out that the specific team isn't allowed to make one.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I would like to request that teams list whether or not they still have their one season trade or not... maybe on their team page somewhere? I would hate for people to waste their time looking for a player and inquiring about a trade only to find out that the specific team isn't allowed to make one.

I've specified in all of the trades which teams DONT have a regular season trade available.

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
GMs who've sent contracts out to their players...

Chicago
Detroit
Dallas
Rangers
Islanders
Sabres
Columbus
St. Louis
New Jersey
Sharks
Canadiens
Vancouver
Capitals

I'll update this list when i get more info. If you've sent offers to your players and your team isn't on this list please let me know

last night I sent out offers to a bunch of players if not all, so i"m going on xbox soon to see which ones have signed the deals.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
GMs who've sent contracts out to their players...

Chicago
Detroit
Dallas
Rangers
Islanders
Sabres
Columbus
St. Louis
New Jersey
Sharks
Canadiens
Vancouver
Capitals

I'll update this list when i get more info. If you've sent offers to your players and your team isn't on this list please let me know
Tampa has made their contract offers, no issues with RFAs or anything.

Hybrid MB24

Nov 3, 2006
Pennsylvania
:rangers

NEW YORK RANGERS

[FORWARDS]
1 [ R. NASH (87) / B. RICHARDS (87) / M. GABORIK (89) ]
2 [ C. KREIDER (72) / D. STEPAN (82) / R. CALLAHAN (84) ]
3 [ --- / K. BRODZIAK (80) / M. ZUCCARELLO (75) ]
4 [ --- / B. BOYLE (78) / N. BERGFORS (73) ]
EXTRA: ---

[DEFENSE]
1 [ R. McDONAGH (86) / D. GIRARDI (85) ]
2 [ M. STAAL (85) / M. DEL ZOTTO (83) ]
3 [ M. SAUER (82) / D. McILRATH (69) ]
EXTRA: ---

[GOALTENDERS]
H. LUNDQVIST (91)
---

[PROSPECTS]
J. ZUCKER (69)
J. MILLER (61)
D. McILRATH (69)
C. THOMAS (66)
J. FAST (64)
M. ST. CROIX (61)
A. YOGAN (64)
O. LINDBERG (64)
M. HRIVIK (64)
S. McCOLGAN (61)
R. BOURQUE (66)
T. PIELMIER (72)
S. STAJCER (??)
J. HART (54)
B. HORVAT (??)
D. NURSE (49)
J. MALETTA (51)
J. LEES (47)
M. MURPHY (49)
S. MORIN (47)

[NEEDS]
BOTTOM 6 FORWARDS
LEFT WINGERS

[DRAFT PICKS]
2014: NYR 1ST, NYR 2ND, NYR 3RD, MIN 3RD, NYR 4TH, FLA 5TH, NYR 5TH, NYR 6TH, NYR 7TH

BOLD = UNTOUCHABLE | RED = TRADING BLOCK

Last edited:

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
Got the majority of my team signed last night.

Gave Theo Peckham his pay raise demand... what a joke.

HabsIslesFan

Aug 5, 2011
Ducks have made offers to their free agents. Looks like Backstrom will be hitting free agency as he is out of my price range. (This has nothing to do with a problem in the game, just asking for far too much for me to sign him instead of just playing Hiller.)

Cant believe the money some of these guys are asking for, Joensuu didn't play a game last season until the final sim and now wants 4.8 mil per year? Not cool.

Was flipping through contracts screen and wondering what will happen if a team like Bruins are neglected and guys like Lucic, Marchand and Seguin don't even get qualified. Glad to see you are already on top of this and not allowing teams to to be ruined by a GM who is no longer around or busy at a bad time. Not picking on Bruins GM at all, just saying the B's will be screwed if their players aren't offered contracts

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The offseason is such a buzzkill. I remember Boston GM speaking to me earlier about how he might not be around. I sent him a message but if he doesn't respond i'll temporarily boot him, have a different GM leave their team and join as the Bruins, sign the Bruins players, and then go back to their original team.

If this needs to be done with other teams i can do that as well

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com
I sent my contracts last night, and this morning pretty much sent new contracts to players that didn't like their original deals. I think I'm pretty much covered... hopefully, I'm not over the cap.

One thing I don't get is that if they are counting the players in the system, then when the season start and players get sent to the minors... wont we all have like 20 million $ under the cap? Anyway, whatever happens happens.

Can't wait to start the new season!

Hybrid MB24

Nov 3, 2006
Pennsylvania
Ducks have made offers to their free agents. Looks like Backstrom will be hitting free agency as he is out of my price range. (This has nothing to do with a problem in the game, just asking for far too much for me to sign him instead of just playing Hiller.)

Cant believe the money some of these guys are asking for, Joensuu didn't play a game last season until the final sim and now wants 4.8 mil per year? Not cool.

Was flipping through contracts screen and wondering what will happen if a team like Bruins are neglected and guys like Lucic, Marchand and Seguin don't even get qualified. Glad to see you are already on top of this and not allowing teams to to be ruined by a GM who is no longer around or busy at a bad time. Not picking on Bruins GM at all, just saying the B's will be screwed if their players aren't offered contracts

In your defense, Joensuu SOMEHOW turned into a beast.

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
Avalanche lock up Ryan O'Reilly and Johnson to contracts! woo.

Johnson signs a massive 8 year deal at a modest 6.5 mil cap hit, he isn't going anywhere folks. O'Reilly's deal is 3 years.

hi-res-141348978_display_image.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad