Bluth Company FANTASY DRAFT (360) GM LEAUGE: Signup Thread

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Fuss here, the Commissioner and creator of "The Bluth Company". Arguably the most active GM Connected League on HF Boards. We're currently 60 games into our 4th season, have completed 3 very successful offseasons and playoffs, we've dealt with free agency periods, trade deadlines, and our 2nd GM Connected All Star Game will be underway in the next few days. As far as i know, no other league on HF Boards can match these credentials. As a Commissioner, i know what i'm doing.The Bluth Company has turned into one of the better ran GM Leagues for NHL 13 and i owe it all the the GMs in my league. Without them, none of this would have been possible.

TL:DR version: WE KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING

Bluth has had a lot of success and a lot of Bluth members have been interested in being in a 2nd GM League ran as well as Bluth. There's been an explosion of new leagues over the past few days/weeks so filling our 2nd league has been tougher than anticipated. Excluding Bluth, there are 7 other GM Leagues (XBOX) available right now. Most, if not all of them are not full, and none of them have accomplished as much as Bluth has. IMHO, its hard to get leagues full with such a limited amount of HF users. Even if every GM League is amazing, you'd still need 210 + people to facilitate all of these leagues.

Bluth members want a 2nd league to keep the fun going but that will only be possible if the league is full. I think in order to have a full league we need to offer something new, something that stands out, and something backed by the successful track record of The Bluth Company. A few Bluth GMs and myself have been kicking an idea of a GM League started by a Fantasy Draft and we'd love for as many of you to be a part of it as possible!

Bluth Company Fantasy Draft League

Basic Rules:

-10 Rounds of Drafting, any player/goalie/prospect is available
-NON-Random rosters will be used

How it Will Work:

-Using a random list generator, all 30 NHL teams will be randomly seeded and we will do a serpentine draft style (see Fantasy Football) for 10 rounds

-All 30 GMs will submit a "Draft Priority" list to the Commissioner of the league (TBD) for every round of the draft via PM

The PM will look something like this...

Subject: St. Louis Draft Priority: Round 1

1. Crosby
2. Ovechkin
3.Stamkos
30. Chara

-After every round, the players selected will be posted on HF Boards to let other GMs know who is no longer available. GMs will then submit a new Draft Priority
Subject: St. Louis Draft Priority: Round 2
...rinse and repeat for 10 rounds

-Any player/prospect NOT drafted, will remain on his current team
======================================

For those saying, "This will never work, there's too much detail required from too many people", i absolutely know where you're coming from. Too many leagues, even before NHL 13, started with big hopes and then crashed and burned due to inactivity.

Not THIS league. Its being backed by the people and Commissioner of the most active and successful GM League on HF Boards and it will not fail. Coordination is going to be difficult, but we are fully prepared to do it, and do it right.

If you're in this section of HF Boards, you love NHL 13 and GM Connected. On behalf of The Bluth Company, we want to offer all of you a different type of fun. A new, very detailed, spin on the traditional GM mode. As long as you're dedicated, you'll find that this is one of the more fun experiences you'll have on NHL 13.

Good luck to all those involved. Signup begins below and is on a first come, first serve basis.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Team's Available

*Priority of teams goes to Sitwell GMs

New Jersey
New York Islanders
Pittsburgh
Boston
Buffalo
Ottawa
Florida
Tampa
Washington
Winnipeg

Columbus
Detroit
Nashville
Colorado
Minnesota
Anaheim
Dallas
Los Angeles
Phoenix
San Jose

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I'm interested, but just wondering, how will the teams be generated with our drafted rosters? Are we going to be making all these trades in game afterward?

Joining as Jets (retro unis!)

Last edited:

HaroldDruken

XBOX ONE
Sep 14, 2012
Will teams be picked on a first-come-first-served basis? Or do we have first cracks at our current Sitwell teams?

Gary83*

I will consider joining if :flames are up for grabs so I can play with those sexy retro unis.

xVx Santillo

Oct 31, 2012
Will teams be picked on a first-come-first-served basis? Or do we have first cracks at our current Sitwell teams?

You get first crack at your current Sitwell teams if you don't want them you can pick another team that is available from the above list (those teams are first come first serve)

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm interested, but just wondering, how will the teams be generated with our drafted rosters? Are we going to be making all these trades in game afterward?

Joining as Carolina (Whalers unis!) and will send my lists in soon

Not sure why we need to send separate lists for each round as I'm sure we'll all have players in different rounds...

It'll require a lot of trading unfortunately. But its the only way to do it. It's going to take A LOT of coordination from everyone involved, especially Argarbargar and myself, but it will get done. Everyone will have the roster they drafted.

Separate lists for each round to make it easier for Argar and Myself to filter though draft priorities. Instead of looking at 30 lists of 300 players/prospects, it'll be easier for us to look at 30 lists of 30 players per round.

"Priority goes to Sitwell GMs first"

Whatever you're team was in Sitwell, thats your team in Bluth fantasy, unless you'd like to switch.

I will consider joining if :flames are up for grabs so I can play with those sexy retro unis.

Talk to Stockey. He's the :flames in Sitwell but i'm sure he wouldnt mind switching.

Teams are pretty much irrelevant guys. When you pick your team you're really only getting; that team's sweaters, their bottom 6 and depth dmen, lower tier prospects

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I misread the first post! Thought we were going to submit all the lists at once, this makes plenty of sense

Considering the fact that Carolina has pretty bad depth/bottom 6/lower tier prospects, I will take the :jets instead

Last edited:

Falco5

May 18, 2012
This sounds awesome. I would love to play as the :sharks but I would take any team that is available. I have been an active member of one of the other leagues run here on HFboards since nhl13's release if that counts for something.

Price 89

Aug 26, 2009
Than ill make the southeast the division of death... :canes? If not florida or Winnipeg! just want to kick jsolari ass

Last edited:

xVx Santillo

Oct 31, 2012
Guys im sorry hold on picking teams...ill be posting the Teams Available so you guys can see who's available and who has priority to picking teams

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I keep reading the typo in the thread title as 'luge'

there needs to be a modern videogame with luge in it, I remember enjoying this game when I played it:

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
I'll just say that I'm open to a lot of teams. I think Fuss (or someone else) would want the Hawks, so I've got a lot of options I can go with. Nashville, Florida, Dallas, Phoenix, Winnipeg, and Colorado are all teams that would interest me.

xVx Santillo

Oct 31, 2012
Ok guys so Sitwell GM's have priority FIRST if they dont want their teams and want another one thats available they're allowed, after them Bluth GM's have priority after that if any teams are available it will be first come first serve

EASTERN CONFERENCE

HF USERNAME | Current | Status | Trade Block HaliMooseheads |
small.png
| ? |

Beardfish |
small.png
| ? matt1396 |
small.png
| ? |

ArGarBarGar |
small.png
| ? SUBdrewgANS |