Half-Assed GDT: Bluesy game #81

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Nice W for the fans. Love what we are seeing from Bolduc. His development has been another highlight of this season for me.
Yes, Neighbours, Bolduc, Kessel and Hofer have been most of the good things that have happened for The Blues, other than Binnington returning to really good form, and Thomas rounding out his game and reaching star level. Snuggeruud staying with The Gophers is a disappointment, however. But Dvorsky's and Stenberg's development is also something to cheer us up a bit. Still, it was a disappointing season.

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
Ah, but the old saying is that the number one cause of disappointment is unrealistic expectations. On balance, we learned something some of our younger players. That is actually not a nothing.

I'm a Carolina Panthers fan in football (lived in NC for 10 years). They have had years where they disappointed or out-and-out stunk and the coach was too boneheaded to put the young players in once the season was out of hand, if nothing else to evaluate what to do with them. THAT is frustrating to watch.

I didn't have high expectations for this season, so my disappointment is limited.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Yes, Neighbours, Bolduc, Kessel and Hofer have been most of the good things that have happened for The Blues, other than Binnington returning to really good form, and Thomas rounding out his game and reaching star level. Snuggeruud staying with The Gophers is a disappointment, however. But Dvorsky's and Stenberg's development is also something to cheer us up a bit. Still, it was a disappointing season.
Agree with most of your high/low points here. Personally, I wouldn’t classify the season as a disappointment. This was about what I expected - a team that would challenge for a playoff spot but was not guaranteed to make it. Really depends on one’s expectations going in to the season tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad