nbc-logo.png

21KqusD.png

w5YOpTg.jpg

HIA-300x300.jpg

team_of_18_000_by_autumnsteinmetz-d2xvxok.jpg

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
So amped for this game. Only got 2 hours of sleep max cuz I've been wired all night. Looking forward to a nice nap after they clinch today! (Knock on wood)

Go Wild! I had them in 6 before the series began. Predicting a 4-2 win with an empty netter late. Zucker, Dumba, Nino, PPG line in some form with the goals

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
This one will be a tight one. No way this series doesn't go to OT time at all.

BladesofSTEELwFIRE

Feb 15, 2010
Can someone please post a good pre game article and/or video? My allotment of reading free articles on the Star Tribune site is over!

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Can someone please post a good pre game article and/or video? My allotment of reading free articles on the Star Tribune site is over!

The startribune website will load up the article and then afterward realize you are over the allotted number of times. So if you manage to cancel the loading (hit the X where refresh typically is on your browser), after the page has loaded but before they have realized that you have read too many articles, then you can still access the article in question. You'll just have to be kind of quick to cancel out the rest of the loading.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Attention Finns, if you are going to watch via Viaplay, the play-by-play guy tonight is NOT Antti Mäkinen but Tero Kainulainen.

BladesofSTEELwFIRE

Feb 15, 2010
The startribune website will load up the article and then afterward realize you are over the allotted number of times. So if you manage to cancel the loading (hit the X where refresh typically is on your browser), after the page has loaded but before they have realized that you have read too many articles, then you can still access the article in question. You'll just have to be kind of quick to cancel out the rest of the loading.

Thanks for the advice. I just tried it but it doesn't work. I hit the X as soon as the article loaded and it does stop for about 3 seconds but then it loads the log in page anyway. I'm sure the site staff know that anyone can stop loading the page so they have a way around that.

If someone could post the actual article(s) it would be appreciated.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Apparently the Blues haven't won a non-game 7 elimination game since the year 2000.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Thanks for the advice. I just tried it but it doesn't work. I hit the X as soon as the article loaded and it does stop for about 3 seconds but then it loads the log in page anyway. I'm sure the site staff know that anyone can stop loading the page so they have a way around that.

It loads different portions at different times... keep hitting the X when it continues to load... eventually it stops for good.

If it goes to the promt saying you've read your allotment, go back and try again, it will work eventually.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Just realized there would be TWO days off in between game 6 and game 7. Yeah....please wrap this up today so we don't have to read doom and gloom for two days.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Going to this one as well, after Game 4 live a win would be nice here, as would the first time they've won a series in less than 7 games.

If it goes badly, I might pass out in my seat, it's been a long week. C'mon boyos do the business.

Again for me, if the Wild score first I think they go on and take it.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il

Just delete your cookies.

You'll never have that problem again.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It was fun as all hell being at game 5! There were a lot of Wild fans there too! Mad props to Blues fans though too, they are good hosts, had a blast with the Blues fans around me at Scottrade Center, but also had quite a few Wild fans in the area too. ;)

After the game, soooo many Wild fans to high five on the way out of the arena... and Blues fans wanting to shake hands to show their respect etc. One Blues fan shouted me down (I was wearing my road white Granlund jersey) - "Hey Granlund! Go back to Finland!" Then followed it up with "..but give me your jersey first" Then gave a high 5 and said "good game, but hope you guys lose Sunday, because we don't want our season to end so damn fast".

Good people!

Last edited:

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
It was fun as all hell being at game 5! There were a lot of Wild fans there too! Mad props to Blues fans though too, they are good hosts, had a blast with the Blues fans around me at Scottrade Center, but also had quite a few Wild fans in the area too. ;)

After the game, soooo many Wild fans to high five on the way out of the arena... and Blues fans wanting to shake hands to show their respect etc. One Blues fan shouted me down (I was wearing my road white Granlund jersey) - "Hey Granlund! Go back to Finland!" Then followed it up with "..but give me your jersey first" Then gave a high 5 and said "good game, but hope you guys lose Sunday, because we don't want our season to end so damn fast".

Good people!

Awesome! That sounds like an amazing experience. I've only attended one Wild road game and it was in Anaheim. Very pleasant fans there as well. Always nice to see good hockey fans that are welcoming to visiting fans.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
But I use my cookies for several other things. If anyone can just post some good pre-game articles and videos it would be appreciated.

Russo

Mike Yeo has fielded the “What’s wrong with you guys at home?” question for weeks now.

So he especially knows it’s up to Wild players, not Wild fans, to bring their “A” game into Xcel Energy Center for Sunday’s pivotal Western Conference quarterfinals matinée. But with the Wild having a chance to deliver a knockout punch of the St. Louis Blues on home ice, the Wild coach also hopes his team feeds off the home crowd’s, uh, energy, exuberance and Sunday Fun Day pre-party lubrication.

“Hopefully our fans are having a couple of Bloody Marys with breakfast to get in a good frame of mind,” Yeo joked Saturday.

The Wild, by winning two of three games in St. Louis, has put itself in the enviable position of having a chance to advance to the second round for a second consecutive postseason and avoid a win-or-go-home Game 7 in St. Louis on Wednesday if it takes advantage of its home barn Sunday. If the Wild advanced, it would face Chicago in the next round after the Blackhawks eliminated Nashville on Saturday.

But recall that the Wild, the best road team in the NHL since Jan. 15, had the 19th-best home record in the regular season and got trounced 6-1 by the Blues last time out in Game 4.

Veteran Jordan Leopold said the Wild needs to bring its “road game” to St. Paul.

“We got our butts handed to us in Game 4 here at home,” Leopold said. “Fortunately it was early in the series. It wasn’t a clinching game. It was a good time to have that lesson. For that sake, we’re going to be ready to go.”

In its history, the Wild has won three series, all in Game 7. The team’s longtime personality is that of a team that rarely does things the easy way. So the theme around the Wild on Saturday was don’t blow this opportunity and make things more difficult.

“We don’t want to be going back to St. Louis,” goalie Devan Dubnyk said. “We have a chance to close it [Sunday] and we need to do that.”

To do that, the Wild needs to step on the accelerator because it knows the Blues, who won the Central Division for a reason, will come in desperate.

“The last thing Minnesota wants to do is have this thing come back to our building,” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said. “… We’ve got to make sure they get to look that in the eye. That’s our goal; just bring it home.”

In Game 3, a 3-0 Wild win that even Hitchcock said could have been 6-0, the Wild stuck to its gameplan throughout, exited its zone efficiently, dominated the neutral zone and established its speed because of that. The Blues were overwhelmed.

In Game 4, the Blues responded by chipping pucks, establishing their forecheck and taking advantage of a Wild team that was atypically loose in its own zone. The Wild was overwhelmed.

Goes on to quote some players, talking about how tough it's going to be, and how they need to be ready to play today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad