GDT: Blues vs. Seattle| 13 Games to Go|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I’m assuming The Beach Boys songs are referencing their beach apparel stunt for the Winter Classic.
Yeah, it started right after that. I enjoyed it within that context, but it shouldn't have lasted more than a couple games. It feels like game operations is trying to make that a season defining moment, but there haven't been any articles about the team embracing the beach thing as an enduring theme internally. Gloria worked because it was a continuing thing in the locker room that then bled into game operations. We got red hot right after that Philly trip and Binner immediately became the starter. That song became a thing in the room because athletes are superstitious/weird and we were finally winning games.

I get the sense that game operations has been looking for a quirky win song since and was hoping that the beach gag would turn into a defining moment that could work as a narrative. But we didn't go red hot after the Winter Classic and that moment looks like it is just a fun snapshot in a season rather than a team-defining moment.

I think game operations should have switched up the song a long time ago.

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville
Yeah, it started right after that. I enjoyed it within that context, but it shouldn't have lasted more than a couple games. It feels like game operations is trying to make that a season defining moment, but there haven't been any articles about the team embracing the beach thing as an enduring theme internally. Gloria worked because it was a continuing thing in the locker room that then bled into game operations. We got red hot right after that Philly trip and Binner immediately became the starter. That song became a thing in the room because athletes are superstitious/weird and we were finally winning games.

I get the sense that game operations has been looking for a quirky win song since and was hoping that the beach gag would turn into a defining moment that could work as a narrative. But we didn't go red hot after the Winter Classic and that moment looks like it is just a fun snapshot in a season rather than a team-defining moment.

I think game operations should have switched up the song a long time ago.
I agree that it feels forced. On a related note*, I've always thought Booker T & the MGs and other 1960s organ-led classics would make for great atmosphere at Enterprise. I mean hello...you've heard an organ at hockey games for decades. I feel those songs could also serve as a reminder of the team's origins. I used to think it would be funny if Jon Hamm would drink beer from a plastic martini "glass" while attending games. Man, I guess you can tell who also has smoked a bowl. (Don't litigate me BriBri!)

*see what I did there?

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Or at the very least, choose a different Beach Boys song. But yeah I'm on board with a new one altogether.

Hearing the "fun, fun, fun" is annoying now.

Let's please get a new goal song and a different post-win song. Both are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad