Pre-Game Talk: Blues vs Jets Feb 26 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@MitchPeacock1: Wheeler & Ladd absent from #NHLJets practice today. #cbcmb

@NHLJets: .@3ricODell is on the ice with the #NHLJets at practice today! http://t.co/yQnv3vKEoZ

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I think we have an exhausted hockey team that needs recuperation days. At least being home for a while might help that. Unless they live in a house like mine, which would mean a hotel room would be better :)

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Another game without Wheeler?

@friesensunmedia: Byfuglien remains up with Scheifele/Stafford. #NHLJets

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Good: after this game we only have 3 games left against the Blues.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
If we split the rest of our games with St. Louis I won't be upset.

They're the truest penultimate test.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
so o'dell sitting, assuming ladd is on a maintenance day?
I said pretty much that the other day when it was announced he was coming up....

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Oh brother. Did Ladd take a puck or a hit painfully at some point last game? I can't remember.

from the lines tweeted out by Munz looks like O'Dell is just a placeholder for Ladd, so I'm sure Ladd will be in and is just maintenance. Concerned though that Wheeler may still be out.

Derfel*

Ladd most likely on maintenance day. Possible same deal with Wheeler - just needs another 24 hours to rest. Didn't sound like Wheeler was a long-term injury.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Great so all the hope was for nothing. Neither Klingberg nor O'Dell are going to get a real chance at all. It's sad since it's painfully obvious they are much better players than Thorburn, Galiardi, Peluso, Slater. Buff has to stay forward so the magical pairing of Pardy-Harrison can continue. Awesome.

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
The Jets have a brutal schedule the rest of the way. The good news is that Calgary, San Jose and Minnesota also have tough schedules. The Jets need to finish ahead of 2 of those 3 teams to get a wild card spot.

It's been a while since Hutch or Pavelec stole a game...its long overdue and hopefully it will happen in the next 2 games against either St Louis or LA. If they can get a split they have Ottawa to end the home stand. 6 out of 8 possible points would keep the Jets in a good position.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
@NHLJets: "Blake won't be in the line-up tomorrow." -Maurice on Wheeler. Adds he's still day to day. Ladd is good to go.

JMT21

I Give A Dam!
Aug 8, 2011
In My House
@NHLJets: "Blake won't be in the line-up tomorrow." -Maurice on Wheeler. Adds he's still day to day. Ladd is good to go.

Please let this not be another "Day to Day" that ends up being 6-8 weeks.

If so, Chevy needs to get on the phone toot sweet!

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Great so all the hope was for nothing. Neither Klingberg nor O'Dell are going to get a real chance at all. It's sad since it's painfully obvious they are obviously much better players than Thorburn, Galiardi, Peluso, Slater. Buff has to stay forward so the magical pairing of Pardy-Harrison can continue. Awesome.

Just to play devil's advocate...if it's painfully obvious to us fans and laymen that they are much better players, than why have they never had a permanent roster spot on an NHL team? And why does Klingberg only have 1 point in 12 NHL appearances? And O'Dell's 7 pts in 30 games last year, though decent, isn't monumentally better than Thorburns 11 in 55. Also, O'Dell's AHL numbers have regressed a bit this year on a points-per-game basis. Also he's been injured and could have a bit of rust...

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Just to play devil's advocate...if it's painfully obvious to us fans and laymen that they are much better players, than why have they never had a permanent roster spot on an NHL team? And why does Klingberg only have 1 point in 12 NHL appearances?

He's playing less than 5 minutes a game buried on the 4th line. If you watch the games he's been great on that fourth line being held back by plugs like Peluso.

GM's notoriously struggle with change. Another GM won't take a chance on a guy on waivers unless he is 100% sure for some reason. They are terrified of giving chances, rather go with the proven terrible (see Pavelec, Ondrej). The Jets in particular won't give chances to guys. Don't know why. A chance to prove themselves is all that is needed. But no Halischuk works so hard and has had 50 chances, gotta give him his 51st. And Peluso is a goon gotta have one of those. It's 1998 right?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Eric might play tomorrow

@MitchPeacock1: O'Dell might get in lineup tomorrow, Maurice not prepared to announce - wants to talk to players before confirming anything publicly. #cbcmb

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
He's playing less than 5 minutes a game buried on the 4th line. If you watch the games he's been great on that fourth line being held back by plugs like Peluso.

GM's notoriously struggle with change. Another GM won't take a chance on a guy on waivers unless he is 100% sure for some reason. They are terrified of giving chances, rather go with the proven terrible (see Pavelec, Ondrej). The Jets in particular won't give chances to guys. Don't know why. A chance to prove themselves is all that is needed. But no Halischuk works so hard and has had 50 chances, gotta give him his 51st. And Peluso is a goon gotta have one of those. It's 1998 right?

Yup cant expect a guy to do much with slugs like Peluso and Slater on his line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad