Faulk came through for me tonight!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210212-211458.jpg
    Screenshot_20210212-211458.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 8

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
[QUOTE="EXTRAS, post: 175848384, member: 170003"]Is faulk better than parayko?[/QUOTE]
Recently, he has been. But Parayko seems to have something wrong with him.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Parayko seems to have something holding him back some, like he's fighting off some disease. or playing with a slight injury. He just doesn't seem to have the spurts of energy he's had periodically, when he's taken over games. He doesn't have the bursts of speed or the wicked swings on his shot. He's also not using his body/physicality anywhere near as much as when he's on his game.

It's tough to compare and contrast Faulk and Parayko at their best. They both are well-rounded games, but their top strengths are different in some ways. In my estimation, they both are slightly less good overall than Pietrangelo at his best, and HE is one level down from the absolute best handful of defencemen in The NHL.

Reactions: EXTRAS

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Right now? Absolutely. When Parayko is at his best? Probably not.
Parayko is playing under injury what we dont know for sure what it is. He's 75% of himself while Faulk is playing over his expectations, what is wonderful.

Abs8lutely not. Probably. Give me a break.

tenor.gif

Too much Faulk-ride for you.

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

tenor.gif

Faulk’s been better offensively and defensively while handling tougher matchups. Faulk has been the better player by a long shot.

Reactions: Blueston

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Faulk’s been better offensively and defensively while handling tougher matchups. Faulk has been the better player by a long shot.
Parayko is playing under injury what we dont know for sure what it is. He's 75% of himself while Faulk is playing over his expectations, what is wonderful.

tenor.gif

If that compliment Faulk part. I'm fine by it. :laugh:

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Hmm thanks. Is current faulk better than last year's parayko, for instance?

Has parayko been bad?
Parayko has missed practices because he’s dinged up. He doesn’t look like himself on the ice. It’s obvious there is a minor injury that’s limiting him significantly, but he’s trying to play through it. Fortunately, Faulk has been there to bring his best game at a badly needed time.

Reactions: Blueston

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Gunny ain't great but let's admit that Mikkola isn't exactly Finnish Pronger. He has shown good wheels and reach, but his underlying numbers aren't good. No harm in sitting him.
To be fair, it feels like he's been on the ice for 100% of the time that the Garland line has been out there. And let's been honest, no one's numbers are going to look very good after 6 games against that line

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Faulk doesn't have to be better than Petro or even Parayko to be the right guy for the Blues. I've kept telling Faulk skeptics on HFBoards as a Canes fan watching him play for 10 seasons in person that he's been an effective even-strength defenseman for years. Armstrong likely pulled a sign-and-trade for Faulk because he knew that Petro wanted to leave and didn't want a Panarin situation on his hands. IMO, it was a job well done by all parties, because Carolina was utterly loaded with Norris-caliber defenders and they dealt the one key piece that would've gone to UFA the next offseason and got solid assets for him.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Faulk doesn't have to be better than Petro or even Parayko to be the right guy for the Blues. I've kept telling Faulk skeptics on HFBoards as a Canes fan watching him play for 10 seasons in person that he's been an effective even-strength defenseman for years. Armstrong likely pulled a sign-and-trade for Faulk because he knew that Petro wanted to leave and didn't want a Panarin situation on his hands. IMO, it was a job well done by all parties, because Carolina was utterly loaded with Norris-caliber defenders and they dealt the one key piece that would've gone to UFA the next offseason and got solid assets for him.

I don't think Army knew for sure about Petro, but he must have known it was a very real possibility and planned accordingly. Rather than hoping a guy became available as UFA, Army jumped at the chance to lock a top 4 guy down when the opportunity presented itself. Most Blues fans, including myself, thought he jumped the gun with the extension so soon but now he is looking like a genius. Faulk's been the MVP of this team so far in my opinion, and I hate to think of where we'd be without his contributions this year.

Just watched the game on the app, and all I can say is thank God. If we had let up another late tying goal, I would have lost it. Was just thinking how 2-3 plays can totally change the outcome and perspective of the game. There were so many instances that could have tilted the game either way, but thankfully we managed to come out on top.

If Arizona hadn't been offsides before their no-goal, we'd all be (rightfully) complaining about a very soft goal against by Binner. Instead, he only has 1 GA and is 3rd star of the game.

Kyrou didn't do much all night and was briefly demoted to the 3rd line, but then made two great plays on that one shift that basically decided the outcome of the game. You could almost see him flip a switch and was determined to make something happen after beating the icing call.

I really hope Sundqvist is ok, because besides ROR he might be our most irreplaceable forward. He does so many things and can play up and down the lineup + special teams, that it would take 2 guys to fill his absence. Sunny is one of the few guys that you know will make an impact one way or another in every single game.

Last edited:

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Wasn’t able to watch but glad to hear the Faulk haters have had to change their tune more and more each night so far.
Faulk has been awesome. Wish we had seen this a year ago.

Dom at the Athletic had this nugget about the Krug-Faulk pairing:

9. There have always been some eye-test folks that have had concerns about Torey Krug while liking Justin Faulk more than analytics suggest. For the numbers crowd, it’s been the exact opposite. Together, they’ve been a perfect pair. Literally.
In 101 minutes together, the duo hasn’t allowed a single goal against yet this season, out-scoring teams 8-0 while earning a 58 percent expected goals percentage in the process. They’ve been an incredible pair showing strong chemistry together, but that’s also applied across the lineup no matter who they’ve played with. Krug has also been excellent with Colton Parayko while Faulk has also found success with Marco Scandella.

...and that was written before another stellar night from Faulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad