GDT: Blues vs. Coyotes| Down 3-1 in the series| 8pm; FSMW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
DoPS issued a hearing for Larsson for his check to the head on Sanford

Honestly, I didn't see anything malicious with the hit. He turned his back to Sanford for a hip/shoulder check and Sanford pretty much lowered his head right into Larsson's shoulder. I guess someone could say he was a bit reckless with his body, but not sure what he could have done there to avoid the head....especially since he was looking the other direction. Kind of a weird situation, but Sanford didn't do much to protect himself.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Faulk is much better offensively and Parayko’s ‘A’ game is better defensively. So you have to compare Faulk’s defense vs Parayko’s offense. It’s closer than you think.

I wouldn't say faulks offense is much better. Parayko usually gets low 30s in points and Faulk high 30s, and Parayko doesn't get a ton of power play time.

Puck Luck

Jan 13, 2021
Honestly, I didn't see anything malicious with the hit. He turned his back to Sanford for a hip/shoulder check and Sanford pretty much lowered his head right into Larsson's shoulder. I guess someone could say he was a bit reckless with his body, but not sure what he could have done there to avoid the head....especially since he was looking the other direction. Kind of a weird situation, but Sanford didn't do much to protect himself.
I thought it was a bad hit. Sanford was vulnerable, but he was playing the puck. it could have been avoided

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I wonder if the lines will be switched up since Chief was rotating them all night.

Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou has cooled off the last several games, so maybe we’ll see something like this

Perron-O’Reilly-Kyrou
Schwartz-Schenn-Hoffman
Sanford-Barbashev-Sundqvist
MacEachern-de la Rose-Clifford

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I thought it was a bad hit. Sanford was vulnerable, but he was playing the puck. it could have been avoided

But the only reason Sanford was vulnerable is he was coming across the middle, staring down at the puck. Even Pang wondered on the broadcast if it was avoidable and no one on the ice seemed that upset about it. It's tough to ask Larssen to avoid Sanford's head when Sanford basically lowers his head to shoulder height. It's just a bang bang play, I can't see any intent to target the head.

I was also gonna ask, am I the only one wondering if Bortuzzo's stick to Garland's face from the bench was accidental? I just watched it again and I gotta say it kinda looked like he did it "accidentally on purpose."

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The Stone hit was much worse. The Sanford hit didn’t even look intentional.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
But the only reason Sanford was vulnerable is he was coming across the middle, staring down at the puck. Even Pang wondered on the broadcast if it was avoidable and no one on the ice seemed that upset about it. It's tough to ask Larssen to avoid Sanford's head when Sanford basically lowers his head to shoulder height. It's just a bang bang play, I can't see any intent to target the head.

I was also gonna ask, am I the only one wondering if Bortuzzo's stick to Garland's face from the bench was accidental? I just watched it again and I gotta say it kinda looked like he did it "accidentally on purpose."
I actually think it truly was accidental. He was reacting to Garland suddenly having impending contact with both his hands. His reaction caused the stick to lower, but I think it was just bad instincts in a situation where you aren’t used to controlling your stick like you would on the ice.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
The Stone hit was much worse. The Sanford hit didn’t even look intentional.

There was clearly no intent to target the head, but of course Larssen is going to try and hit a guy coming right down the middle with the puck. I totally understand the desire to eliminate head shots, but puck carriers also have a responsibility to avoid "dangerous" situations like that. In a contact sport, it's impossible to eliminate 100% of contact to the head though they've done a good job reducing the number of headshots overall. Sanford is lucky he didn't get hurt, in the old days he might have been stretchered off with his head down like that.

It might be time to let Sanford sit a game out as he has looked a bit lost the past few games. Get Blais back in there. The only thing keeping Sanford in the lineup is that he's playing big minutes on the PK.

(edit: didn't realize Blais is injured...nevermind)

Also, De la Rose has looked pretty good these past two games I'd say. Maybe he's just got fresh legs, but it looks like he came into this season ready to prove his worth. That would be nice if he could turn into a solid everyday player like Sunny did a couple years ago. I'm also quickly becoming a Kyle Clifford fan. He's pretty much the ideal 4th liner.

Last edited:

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
To be honest, with Krug and Faulk’s play so far, I’m not really missing Pietrangelo.

TBH I think the only thing Pietrangelo has over Faulk is a better stick. He's great defensively with his stick while Faulk is great Defensively with stepping up and gap closure. IMO they're pretty close to even with all things considered.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
TBH I think the only thing Pietrangelo has over Faulk is a better stick. He's great defensively with his stick while Faulk is great Defensively with stepping up and gap closure. IMO they're pretty close to even with all things considered.

giphy.gif

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
They're really not. Pietrangelo has been, and is, better. It's not even remotely close.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
husso is f***ing terrible and i had to watch brian elliott play here for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad