GDT: Blues visit Flames, 1/23/2024 @ 7:00 MT, SNET-1/960

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Weegar was trying to be hard on the team in his post interview v Edmonton, however he keeps doing his best each game to be a D dud of the team. Another bone head play on that PP which resulted in a goal. Goalies won't be bailing your ass each time McKenzie!

And just lose ties with Savard FFS, find a mature PP expert not this wannabe coach.

Reactions: Felidae

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I've seen more than enough of Elias Lindholm this season. Thank jobu they didn't give him 8 years like they were talking about in September.

His play this year probably cost him $20+ mil if the rumored deal he turned down is true, which was $9mil x 8 years. At this rate he's worth Kadri's contract and nothing more.

Monahan was a better triggerman than Lindy ever was. If Gogo and Coleman can get 20 goals by this mark there is no reason Lindholm should be at 8 goals playing on the top line.

Reactions: Boomstick

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Oesterle is my new favorite defenseman. We just gotta keep putting him out in the last minute. He'll get us that rebuild I've been craving since JG and MT left. Seriously if you're a coach trying to win a game how do you play that guy in the last minute?

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Oesterle is my new favorite defenseman. We just gotta keep putting him out in the last minute. He'll get us that rebuild I've been craving since JG and MT left. Seriously if you're a coach trying to win a game how do you play that guy in the last minute?
Such a good q. Bad things guaranteed w him out there. It's going to be sickening missing by 1 pt after going on an extended heater when he's replaced w Kylington permanently.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Weegar was trying to be hard on the team in his post interview v Edmonton, however he keeps doing his best each game to be a D dud of the team. Another bone head play on that PP which resulted in a goal. Goalies won't be bailing your ass each time McKenzie!

And just lose ties with Savard FFS, find a mature PP expert not this wannabe coach.
Plays like that are why many Panthers fans soured on him eventually.

Seems like when he gets comfortable offensively it comes at the expense of defense. You didn't really see plays like that from him last season (at least didn't see anyone here complain about defensive mishaps from him) and I can't help but be reminded of how things transpired in Florida. Our board really liked him the first few years but he started getting shit on when he exploded offensively in 2020. Maybe part of that was also him getting more minutes and exposing his flaws more.

Anyways, I am interested in seeing if the same perception shift happens on this board. Ya'll seem satisfied with Weegar so far. Could be entirely possible some of us on our board (myself included) were just a bunch of negative nancies. :laugh:

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Plays like that are why many Panthers fans soured on him eventually.

Seems like when he gets comfortable offensively it comes at the expense of defense. You didn't really see plays like that from him last season (at least didn't see anyone here complain about defensive mishaps from him) and I can't help but be reminded of how things transpired in Florida. Our board really liked him the first few years but he started getting shit on when he exploded offensively in 2020. Maybe part of that was also him getting more minutes and exposing his flaws more.

Anyways, I am interested in seeing if the same perception shift happens on this board. Ya'll seem satisfied with Weegar so far. Could be entirely possible some of us on our board (myself included) were just a bunch of negative nancies. :laugh:
Cheers and I say as I see, I don't need to be diplomatic- it doesn't get you far in here ;) Anyways, does that mean your team is Florida Panthers?

Reactions: Felidae

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad