Pre-Game Talk: Blues v. Stars. Round II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Keith Jones and Corey Schneider both said STL was probably the better team and Jones said STL "should" win. Blues have got to be feeling good...especially if they managed to come out of round 1 healthy.

Can't wait for the schedule to be released on this one. Looking forward to our first second round (game) win in over a decade.

Lets Go Blues!!!

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
kjjll.jpg

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
It's going to be a really tough series. Their offense is absolutely no joke. The area where we should have the big advantage is defensively(if Shatty and JBo step their game up).

We're likely not going to shutout the Stars. We're going to need some goals from depth guys. Brouwer/Stastny/Fabbri needs to produce, STL obviously needs to produce, and we need more from Steen. He has it in him. He's had very good playoff series before, but he really didn't have it against Chicago(other than the dagger in game 4).

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
If the Blues offense can continue I like their chances. A lot will come down if we can keep up the physical play and keep their rushes to a minimum.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Thought the Stastny line was very good with Fabbri back on it tonight, I hope they can build off that into the series against Dallas. No way can we underestimate these guys, their potent offense can burn us at any moment.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
We have the goalie advantage, the defense advantage, and I think our offense can keep up.

I like our chances and after beating the defending champs the confidence levels are sky high.

Fabbri looked a lot better with Stastny and Browuer like before. So I wouldn't make any roster changes going into game 1.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
How far is Seguin away from returning?

This series is no "gimee" for The Blues. They are going to have trouble keeping Benn and Spezza off the board (and probably Seguin for some of the games. I hope The Blues don't let down just because the beat The Hawks. They're going to have to play with a purpose, and start playing hard right away, at the start of game 1.

They beat Dallas 4 out of 5 during the season, and are a better balanced team. But they will need to play well to win it.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I fully expect an emotional hangover in game 1. Won't be surprised if they drop it. But if they don't I bet it's a decisive series win. What's Seguin's status?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Get Tarasenko more ice time please. 14 minutes 30 seconds of ice time in a Game 7 for your best goal scorer and one of the best playoff performers in the year is not enough. I know we had a lead for a significant portion of the game, but it didn't seem like he was out there very often even when it was tied.

I remember we all complained about his coach in Russia that refused to play him more than like 10 minutes even though he was leading the KHL in playoff scoring. It doesn't seem like much has changed in that regard. Kane plays 20 minutes a game and he's every bit the liability that Tarasenko is defensively. We need him out there more often.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
My prediction: Blues in 5. There will be no game 1 hang over, just a fairly dominant performance from a confident Blues team. Stars defense and goaltending will be exposed.

Worth noting here that I predicted the Blues in 7 against the hawks before the series started.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
If the Blues can play a complete game and set the tone like they did tonight, they will beat Dallas.

Lehtonen likes to give us fits, here's to Niemi starting!

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
let tarasenko destroy the stars d. keep stars off the PP.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
My prediction: Blues in 5. There will be no game 1 hang over, just a fairly dominant performance from a confident Blues team. Stars defense and goaltending will be exposed.

Worth noting here that I predicted the Blues in 7 against the hawks before the series started.

I'm hopping aboard with this sentiment :yo::yo::yo:

Vladdy and the STL line will get plenty of ice time against a weaker Dallas defense. Hell, maybe Hitch was planning on resting them for round 2 the whole time? :sarcasm:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Blues in 5 sounds realistic.

It won't be easy but the Stars are a team the Blues should beat, especially after Chicago. Losing this series would be pretty disappointing.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I read on their board that he isn't skating yet and they aren't expecting him back for the playoffs. We'll see though.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
We can celebrate tonight, but let's not get cocky. I think we're the better team but Dallas has some serious fire power.

I'm taking the Blues in 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad