Blues' TV Access

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I've been involved with a lot of non-hockey things lately. I will be stuck in L.A. at least for a few more months. I have just started an ESPN+ streaming account. Do they show any Pre-season games? I see that The Blues have remaining pre-season games on Tuesday, Oct. 5, Wednesday, Oct. 6, and Friday, Oct. 8. And the first regular season Game is Oct. 16.

It seems that we can't get a single-team account, like we did with NHL-TV.

Last edited:

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
The first game against Chicago was on ESPN+. It was the NBC Sports Chicago broadcast.

If you use this Schedule | Watch ESPN you can see they're airing the Blues-Wild game on October 6th. That looks like the only Blues action on there for a long time.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I've been involved with a lot of non-hockey things lately. I will be stuck in L.A. at least for a few more months. I have just started an ESPN+ streaming account. Do they show any Pre-season games? How many Pre-season games are left? When is the first Blues' regular season game?

It seems that we can't get a single-team account, like we did with NHL-TV.

There are 3 pre-season games left. @Dallas on Tuesday,@Minnesota on Wednesday and vs Columbus on Friday. The Regular season starts on Saturday the 16th at 6pm LA time.

They showed the Blackhawks game on EPSN+. It was blacked out in my area, but not in LA. You should be able to still watch a replay of it on there. Wednesday's game at Minnesota listed on the app as well. that is all for pre-season on ESPN+. Regular season is too far out, so I am not sure how many games they will air.

I do not see Tuesday's Dallas game or Friday's Columbus game on the app. The Columbus game is @ STL. The last two home games have been streamed on the NHL.com website, so I am assuming that one will be as well. No guarantees, but its worth checking in a little bit before game time. Official St. Louis Blues Website It should be in the middle of the main page an hour or so before the game if its going to air.

Hope this helps.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The first game against Chicago was on ESPN+. It was the NBC Sports Chicago broadcast.

If you use this Schedule | Watch ESPN you can see they're airing the Blues-Wild game on October 6th. That looks like the only Blues action on there for a long time.
So, this is NOT at all like NHL-TV. They only show a couple selected games per day, and a one-team exclusive package isn't available. So, I will miss most Blues' games! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last season I had the NHL-TV St. Louis Blues package, and saw every one of their games. This season, it seems I will be lucky to see a quarter of their regular season games, only when shown on ESPN regular TV, NBC, and Kings and Ducks Fox broadcasts.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
There are 3 pre-season games left. @Dallas on Tuesday,@Minnesota on Wednesday and vs Columbus on Friday. The Regular season starts on Saturday the 16th at 6pm LA time.

They showed the Blackhawks game on EPSN+. It was blacked out in my area, but not in LA. You should be able to still watch a replay of it on there. Wednesday's game at Minnesota listed on the app as well. that is all for pre-season on ESPN+. Regular season is too far out, so I am not sure how many games they will air.

I do not see Tuesday's Dallas game or Friday's Columbus game on the app. The Columbus game is @ STL. The last two home games have been streamed on the NHL.com website, so I am assuming that one will be as well. No guarantees, but its worth checking in a little bit before game time. Official St. Louis Blues Website It should be in the middle of the main page an hour or so before the game if its going to air.

Hope this helps.

Do we have to pay for each game, individually (on demand) that we watch on NHL.com? That could get expensive. Isn't there any service that offers a one-team package on a seasonal(annual basis) - like NHL-TV did?

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
My understanding is that ESPN+ will have every regular season game available for every team. The ESPN+ scheduled games are covered by the ESPN announcers (replacing NBC). None of this applies to preseason for whatever reason.

I could be totally wrong.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Do we have to pay for each game, individually (on demand) that we watch on NHL.com? That could get expensive. Isn't there any service that offers a one-team package on a seasonal(annual basis) - like NHL-TV did?

The Nhl.com games were streamed for free. ESPN+ is a monthly subscription for as many games as you want to watch.

Ceiling Unlimited

Apr 29, 2020
My understanding is that ESPN+ will have every regular season game available for every team. The ESPN+ scheduled games are covered by the ESPN announcers (replacing NBC). None of this applies to preseason for whatever reason.

I could be totally wrong.

This was my understanding as well. I have DirecTV and was considering dropping the NHL center ice package for the ESPN+ package, because the center ice package was on the order of $150+ per year. But, I got notice that the center ice package was only going to be $70 this year, which pretty much matches the ESPN+ package price (for a year). Just another piece of info to suggest that the ESPN+ package is likely going to have most games on it...

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Do you have to purchase/pay for anything more than the ESPN+ yearly or monthly subscription? What about the Bally Sports app?

I'm going to be on the road for a couple months, but otherwise use the DirecTV thing. If I can get a couple months of ESPN+ to supplement my missed games, that's pretty cool.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
This was my understanding as well. I have DirecTV and was considering dropping the NHL center ice package for the ESPN+ package, because the center ice package was on the order of $150+ per year. But, I got notice that the center ice package was only going to be $70 this year, which pretty much matches the ESPN+ package price (for a year). Just another piece of info to suggest that the ESPN+ package is likely going to have most games on it...
But, when I looked ahead in the regular season schedule on the ESPN+ website, it showed The Blues' first game on Oct 16th, but it went past Oct 20th and didn't show their 2nd and 3rd game. I'm really worried that I'll miss many of their games. It's back to my situation with NASN where they only showed a Blues game once in a while. AWFUL! I hope you are correct about them giving a choice of ALL NHL games (and they also give a choice of home AND away team broadcasts for every game (or almost every game, like NHL TV did).

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Do you have to purchase/pay for anything more than the ESPN+ yearly or monthly subscription? What about the Bally Sports app?

I'm going to be on the road for a couple months, but otherwise use the DirecTV thing. If I can get a couple months of ESPN+ to supplement my missed games, that's pretty cool.
I don't think so, other than Turner games (so long as you stay out of StL viewing area for blackouts).

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Ceiling Unlimited

Apr 29, 2020
But, when I looked ahead in the regular season schedule on the ESPN+ website, it showed The Blues' first game on Oct 16th, but it went past Oct 20th and didn't show their 2nd and 3rd game. I'm really worried that I'll miss many of their games. It's back to my situation with NASN where they only showed a Blues game once in a while. AWFUL! I hope you are correct about them giving a choice of ALL NHL games (and they also give a choice of home AND away team broadcasts for every game (or almost every game, like NHL TV did).

We won't know for sure until they start playing games and people are trying to watch them on ESPN+, but the release about the deal on ESPN's website suggests that almost all games will be available (out of market, of course):
NHL back on ESPN with 7-year multiplatform deal
How to watch NHL games on ESPN, ABC, ESPN+ and Hulu

The key pieces to take out of those articles are:
"more than 1,000 games per season streaming on ESPN+." and " The NHL's out-of-market streaming package (NHL.TV) is also moving to ESPN+ as part of its subscription offerings." With 32 teams and 82 games in a season, that means there are 1312 games (32*82/2). If they are streaming over 1,000 (out of market) and have exclusive rights to some beyond that then almost all should be streamed. I understand the worry though - I can't remember when I last missed a game and ESPN+'s online listing aren't helping with the confusion.

Reactions: Blueston

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Robb it sounds like you need to...Escape from L.A., I'll see if Snake Plissken is still for hire.

Reactions: kagei

Jetmech

Feb 6, 2012
McDonough, GA
Hi all,
Long time lurker first or second time poster. I've done a bit of research into ESPN+ airing all NHL games before signing up as I'm a St. Louis native relocated to Atlanta for the last 30 years. I need my Blues Hockey!!!!! I did sign up for the year's package price of $69.99. I've watched a few preseason games on ESPN+ as well. Think Rob asked about home and away feeds and I can say, not with 100% certainty that this will be an option but, the other night it was the Sens vs. Habs and when I selected the game it gave me the option of who's feed I could choose. So I'm assuming it'll be like NHL-Tv was for choosing a feed......unless the game is nationally televised then you get their people. Also discovered if you filter the app to hockey not only do you get the NHL but you also get access to college and KHL games as well. The only thing I don't like on the app is that you can't set up favorites like you could on NHL-Tv, such as favorite sport, team etc...... Have to do a little scrolling to find what you want. To get my hockey fix I watched a KHL stream last night just because there were no pre-season games on. So in a nut shell from what I've discovered it seems like ESPN+ will act just like NHL-Tv did....plus you have a ton of access to all kinds of other sports. HTH.

Reactions: Ranksu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad