GDT: Blues @ Trashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrkac Circus

Dec 11, 2014
Vienna, IL
Nope.
Well, any sentence that includes the words “Blues” and “playoffs” needs to include the phrase “mathematically eliminated” from here on. Anything else is nonsense.

Last edited:

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
1712284832243.gif

Reactions: shpongle falls

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Don't worry, folks. It's only 3 more years of Faulk, and it's only at yearly salaries of $4.75M, $4.5M and $4.5M. Not like we'll be paying him $7.9M like we are this year to make those kinds of mistakes, when he does them in the next 3 years it won't be so bad because of his cheaper salary.

Reactions: Fitrix

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
He has ruined this team 100% with just about every move he's made since the Blues won the cup.
Look, if he got us into this mess surely he knows how to get us out .... right? Let's give him 2, 3, ... 4 ..... 5 ....... 6 years. Maybe a few more.

As long as he's got an actuary table, everything will be fine.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Time to go full on tank We do this right should still get to 12-14 range. Should be able to get real nice forward there. i don't think there are any d who i would want to pick at that spot.

Reactions: ArenaRat

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Time to go full on tank We do this right should still get to 12-14 range. Should be able to get real nice forward there. i don't think there are any d who i would want to pick at that spot.

Too late for that. We told you all throughout the season, we'd regret winning those close games we didn't remotely deserve.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Too late for that. We told you all throughout the season, we'd regret winning those close games we didn't remotely deserve.
i don't regret it. we got our young guys in games that mattered, we reestablished culture of competing on nightly basis (no team does it every night), neighbours became top 6 guy, thomas a legit 1c, both goalies had great years, kessel looks like he might stick, saad reestablished himself, and it all happened while we were battling for playoff spot. we fell short, because we don't have enough good players, but i think we got real benefit. and to me the development of our guys is more important than moving up a handful of additional spots in the draft.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
i don't regret it. we got our young guys in games that mattered, we reestablished culture of competing on nightly basis (no team does it every night), neighbours became top 6 guy, thomas a legit 1c, both goalies had great years, kessel looks like he might stick, saad reestablished himself, and it all happened while we were battling for playoff spot. we fell short, because we don't have enough good players, but i think we got real benefit. and to me the development of our guys is more important than moving up a handful of additional spots in the draft.

No we didn't. We established a culture of letting our goalies bail us out on a nightly basis. We have won the xGF% battle in 22 of our 76 games.

Reactions: BadgersandBlues

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
No we didn't. We established a culture of letting our goalies bail us out on a nightly basis. We have won the xGF% battle in 22 of our 76 games.
that is bc we lack talent and our coach doesn't seem very strong strategically to compensate. i generally liked the comptete, thought it was much more consistent after the coaching change.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
that is bc we lack talent and our coach doesn't seem very strong strategically to compensate. i generally liked the comptete, thought it was much more consistent after the coaching change.

And that lack of talent is why we need a high draft pick. We need more elite, or at least near-elite, players. Learning to compete doesn't matter if you don't have the talent to compete. We can learn to compete another year. We need to get high-end talent in and the easiest way to do it is through high draft picks.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. There is nothing we could have done to tank outside of sabotaging the team, and that is not something I advocate. I just wish we would have lost more games that we should have lost.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Man i really wish we woulda lost 3-4 more of those close games this year. Not expecting miracles, but 6-8 pts less and we move up 5-6 spots. Big bummers.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
And that lack of talent is why we need a high draft pick. We need more elite, or at least near-elite, players. Learning to compete doesn't matter if you don't have the talent to compete. We can learn to compete another year. We need to get high-end talent in and the easiest way to do it is through high draft picks.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. There is nothing we could have done to tank outside of sabotaging the team, and that is not something I advocate. I just wish we would have lost more games that we should have lost.
yes, we need high-end talent. and if we aren't gonna pick top 5 it's huge crapshoot, but we were never gonna tank bad enough to pick that high. i like our scouting team and the results they seem to be getting last few years. and i don't see huge difference between picking 8-16 this year.

Reactions: Drubilly

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
That end is on Bannister.

You don't pull goalie down 1 with 2+ minutes downuntil you get control in offensive zone. This showed you exactly why you don't.

!@#@$ing stupid.
Bannister must have a huge parley on the Blues giving up the most empty net goals in the past 10 years, the Blues being the first team to average 10 seconds or less of empty net play before each goal is scored, and having the Blues for the least amount of goals scored while their goalie is pulled.

He must have panicked when the Blues scored that 6 on 4 PP/Empty net goal, so he decided to leave Binner out at the next faceoff then told Faulk to “do your thing buddy” while giving him a thumbs up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad