Proposal: Blues trades

Brendonhayden

Jan 25, 2016
So imo if the blues season for the most part is not salvageable. Obviously they could turn it around but it’s not likely. So since some of these core players just can’t seem to win us games and haven’t been able to do so and the fact that we do have a lot of good young players I think it might be time to do a rebuild on the fly. With that said here are the proposed trades I have

Petro

For

Nylander and a 2019 1st

Steen For maybe a second and a b/c prospect (not really sure what teams would want him but I do think he holds some value)

Sanford and the Toronto 1st (maybe another add not sure faulks value)

For

Justin Faulk

Not really sure the Faulk trade is good value lmk. I think this would shake up the team quiet a bit and still give us a decent chance to win. Along with the hope we do bad enough to get Hughes in the draft then we could move another forward for more help on d and a goalie

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
So imo if the blues season for the most part is not salvageable. Obviously they could turn it around but it’s not likely. So since some of these core players just can’t seem to win us games and haven’t been able to do so and the fact that we do have a lot of good young players I think it might be time to do a rebuild on the fly. With that said here are the proposed trades I have

Petro

For

Nylander and a 2019 1st

Steen For maybe a second and a b/c prospect (not really sure what teams would want him but I do think he holds some value)

Sanford and the Toronto 1st (maybe another add not sure faulks value)

For

Justin Faulk

Not really sure the Faulk trade is good value lmk. I think this would shake up the team quiet a bit and still give us a decent chance to win. Along with the hope we do bad enough to get Hughes in the draft then we could move another forward for more help on d and a goalie

Yeah i think steen is worth at least a 1st. I wouldnt want to downgrade petro for faulk. Not really a fan of any of these trade.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The blues have potentially an Ottawa situation hanging over them with a future first owing to buffalo.

So I highly doubt they go full rebuild.

I don’t believe that they should move prospects to a goalie like Howard.

If the blues can move up, even if they miss the playoffs, they can get to the 11-13 spot in the draft order. Last thing they want is to have that pick hanging over them.

They may be 8 points out of the playoffs but they can make up 5 points to leapfrog several teams in the draft.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
The blues have potentially an Ottawa situation hanging over them with a future first owing to buffalo.

If the blues can move up, even if they miss the playoffs, they can get to the 11-13 spot in the draft order. Last thing they want is to have that pick hanging over them.

They may be 8 points out of the playoffs but they can make up 5 points to leapfrog several teams in the draft.
This year's pick is top 10 protected and it really seems like they'll be a top 5 pick.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Steen is pretty hard to move given contract and recent injuries. When healthy he is a great player though

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
This year's pick is top 10 protected and it really seems like they'll be a top 5 pick.
At this moment I think we will be top 3 without out the lottery. Would be nice to get any of the top 5 players, especially hughes. It has been said that the top 3-4 players should be NHL ready. If i find the sight again i will post it.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This year is protected next year is not.

So, can the blues bank on playoffs next season if they blow it up now? I think Armstrong is gone if they miss the playoffs again.

Hughes and Kakko should play next season. Cozens maybe. The rest I think won’t. Russian kid like Pettersson needs to get stronger. Darch physically can play but might be best to send him back depending on the team.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

So, can the blues bank on playoffs next season if they blow it up now? I think Armstrong is gone if they miss the playoffs again.

Hughes and Kakko should play next season. Cozens maybe. The rest I think won’t. Russian kid like Pettersson needs to get stronger. Darch physically can play but might be best to send him back depending on the team.

We aren't going to blow it up though. We aren't just going to gut our roster of our good players.

Reactions: 67Blues

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

I think it's really hard to gauge whether or not they can bank on the playoffs next season. Prior to the season starting I don't think there would have been a single Blues fan who thought that this team wasn't a contender. Sadly, we never jumped out of the black hole that hit this group last year about mid season. It's time for some sort of a shakeup, trading Pietrangelo is a bit too big of a shakeup though, I would imagine Steen would be the first to be dealt followed by Schenn or Schwartz if multiple moves are on the horizon.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think it's really hard to gauge whether or not they can bank on the playoffs next season. Prior to the season starting I don't think there would have been a single Blues fan who thought that this team wasn't a contender. Sadly, we never jumped out of the black hole that hit this group last year about mid season. It's time for some sort of a shakeup, trading Pietrangelo is a bit too big of a shakeup though, I would imagine Steen would be the first to be dealt followed by Schenn or Schwartz if multiple moves are on the horizon.
I agree. Something isn’t right with this team. I still think they can get out of where they are and into the 11 plus slot in the draft order. 6 points out of that spot which Detroit holds right now. None of those teams above them are contenders that are under performing. NJ anD Philly made it last year but I think a lot went right for them last season. So, not as if it’s not possible for them to crawl out of where they are.

I think massive makeover occurs in the off season. They need to make hockey deals not panic moves.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I agree. Something isn’t right with this team. I still think they can get out of where they are and into the 11 plus slot in the draft order. 6 points out of that spot which Detroit holds right now. None of those teams above them are contenders that are under performing. NJ anD Philly made it last year but I think a lot went right for them last season. So, not as if it’s not possible for them to crawl out of where they are.

I think massive makeover occurs in the off season. They need to make hockey deals not panic moves.

We really need somebody to stabilize our defense on the left side. This group also needs to take the initiative to get some fire under their asses and take pride in beating people as opposed to waiting to go down before turning it on.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Given Buffalo's need for a top pairing RHD....i think Buffalo and St Louis could come to an arrangement.

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
I confess to being a broken record.

My trade targets remain Draisatl, Nurse, Stone, Mayfield, one of Price/Howard/Bobrovsky, and another first round pick.

My currency to get them would be some combination (but not all) of Allen, Schwartz, Steen, Schenn, Tarasenko, Barbashev, Kostin, Foley, Schmaltz, Gunnarsson, and Pietrangelo.

If I could find another capable top pairing defenseman with reasonable term to add to those acquisitions, I would consider including Parayko among my trade chips, but he will be hard to replace.

Draisatl--RoR--Kyrou
Fabbri--Thomas--Perron
Maroon--Bozac--Sanford
Blais--Sundqvist--

Edmondson--Parayko*
Nurse--Mikkola
Dunn--Mayfield

Price/Bobs/Howard

Is that a better team? probably not, on paper. But they would be much harder to play against once the young defenders were broke in.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Fire Armstrong right now, hire in a new GM and let them make the decision. I do not trust anything that Armstrong will do right now. Stillman needs to be directly involved at this point.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I confess to being a broken record.

My trade targets remain Draisatl, Nurse, Stone, Mayfield, one of Price/Howard/Bobrovsky, and another first round pick.

My currency to get them would be some combination (but not all) of Allen, Schwartz, Steen, Schenn, Tarasenko, Barbashev, Kostin, Foley, Schmaltz, Gunnarsson, and Pietrangelo.

If I could find another capable top pairing defenseman with reasonable term to add to those acquisitions, I would consider including Parayko among my trade chips, but he will be hard to replace.

Draisatl--RoR--Kyrou
Fabbri--Thomas--Perron
Maroon--Bozac--Sanford
Blais--Sundqvist--

Edmondson--Parayko*
Nurse--Mikkola
Dunn--Mayfield

Price/Bobs/Howard

Is that a better team? probably not, on paper. But they would be much harder to play against once the young defenders were broke in.

You want a Stone? We got one.
He's broken right now with blood clots, so who knows when he'll be back. Nevertheless, just pick anyone off that list and you have yourself a close-to-deal.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
He doesn't have skills. He could probably stay mostly inside the lines with crayon though as long as it's not color by number.

Reactions: RoarBacon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad