Blues Trade Proposals Part XXX

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Hi guys - Sens fan checking in.

How has Upshall been this year? Do you think you guys will trade him if you slip out of the playoff race a little and, if so, how much do you think he would return?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Hi guys - Sens fan checking in.

How has Upshall been this year? Do you think you guys will trade him if you slip out of the playoff race a little and, if so, how much do you think he would return?

He's a great 4th liner. We probably bring him back since we aren't rebuilding, just retooling.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Upshall-Brodziak-Reaves is probably the best 4th line in the NHL. Upshall is quick, can score, and likes to hit. There's no better 4th line winger, imo. He could even play on some team's 3rd lines.

Will we trade him? Sure, if the return is decent. I can't see us trading him for anything less than a decent prospect or a 3rd, though. Keeping him on that line is money.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Upshall-Brodziak-Reaves is probably the best 4th line in the NHL. Upshall is quick, can score, and likes to hit. There's no better 4th line winger, imo. He could even play on some team's 3rd lines.

Will we trade him? Sure, if the return is decent. I can't see us trading him for anything less than a decent prospect or a 3rd, though. Keeping him on that line is money.

Thanks for the response - he reminds me of Tommy Wingels, who the Sens just picked up, to a certain degree. Quick, can score, can play physical, and can move around the bottom 6.

I don't think the Sens can afford to give up a 3rd for him, though... we are pretty pick-poor right now. I could see them looking at giving up Nick Paul, but that would be contingent on management falling a little out of love with him.

Anyways, thanks a lot for the quick response!

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Not that it specifically means anything but Berglund made TSN's top 10 trade bait list. If we decided to move him and considering Fiddler returned a 4th, Bergie's return could be pretty nice this year.

Berglund

for

Bitten
2nd

OR possibly if his value keeps increasing and if the speak of team's not valuing their possible late 1sts this year as much (due to the 'weak' draft)

Berglund
2nd

for

1st

Last edited:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Not that it specifically means anything but Berglund made TSN's top 10 trade bait list. If we decided to move him and considering Fiddler returned a 4th, Bergie's return could be pretty nice this year.

Berglund

for

Bitten
3rd
Okay, I know I'm to get bombarded with "size doesn't matter" replies, but after seeing how much we miss Backes, (and to a lesser extent Brouwer), we trade our last 6'4" top 6 forward, who has been playing well lately, using his size and hitting, for a 5'10" 170 lb prospect and a 2nd? I'm sorry man, but that just bothers me.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
What are peoples thoughts about trading Petro for a Draisaitl type of return? The signing Shatty to a 6x6 type of contract.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Okay, I know I'm to get bombarded with "size doesn't matter" replies, but after seeing how much we miss Backes, (and to a lesser extent Brouwer), we trade our last 6'4" top 6 forward, who has been playing well lately, using his size and hitting, for a 5'10" 170 lb prospect and a 2nd? I'm sorry man, but that just bothers me.

Gimme 12 little Stevie Y's @ 180lbs

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Draisatl for Pietrangelo is not that far off, value -wise. Because elite D are that much more valuable, I would say Edmonton adds. I wouldn't do it right now, because it would decimate our RD, but I love Draisatl.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
What are peoples thoughts about trading Petro for a Draisaitl type of return? The signing Shatty to a 6x6 type of contract.

No thank you... Petro would need to return a better return in my opinion. Draisaitl isnt established enough for me for bet Petro on. It was only like a season ago that Shatty alone almost landed him... Tavares is the #1C I would trade Petro for, or Duchene+Landy :sarcasm:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
No thank you... Petro would need to return a better return in my opinion. Draisaitl isnt established enough for me for bet Petro on. It was only like a season ago that Shatty alone almost landed him... Tavares is the #1C I would trade Petro for, or Duchene+Landy :sarcasm:

I said a Draisaitl type of player. If its somebody else and possible better, that's the idea. We need a true #1 center and will probably not take a step forward without one.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Absolutely not. I'm a big Shattenkirk fan, but if it comes down to Petro vs Shatty, I keep Petro a thousand times out of a hundred.

I understand that, but, you arent getting a Draisaitl return for Shatty. That's the difference.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
I said a Draisaitl type of player. If its somebody else and possible better, that's the idea. We need a true #1 center and will probably not take a step forward without one.

I agree, but I wouldn't trade Pietrangelo for anything less than a top 10 Center. I dont consider Draisaitl to be there yet. But he is a good player and its looking like he will be for a while, I personally dont see a gamble that large being worth it.

Fez Whatley

Jun 7, 2015
How bad does it actually make our defense? Ive always been in favor of getting rid of Petro even though i love him in the playoffs, if it means getting a franchise center (not too sure if draisaitl is one). Whats wrong with getting a nice young center and bringing up Schmaltz for the rest of the season. We could even trade Shatty for futures.
JBo - Parayko
Ed - Schmaltz
Gunnar - Bortz

RORbacon

May 14, 2014
Central Illinois
How bad does it actually make our defense? Ive always been in favor of getting rid of Petro even though i love him in the playoffs, if it means getting a franchise center (not too sure if draisaitl is one). Whats wrong with getting a nice young center and bringing up Schmaltz for the rest of the season. We could even trade Shatty for futures.
JBo - Parayko
Ed - Schmaltz
Gunnar - Bortz

That is an awful top 4D and is the reason the Blues shouldn't and won't move Petro.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
JBo - Parayko
Ed - Schmaltz
Gunnar - Bortz

Bold=Liabilities

AND

I havent seen Schmaltz in the NHL so putting him Top4 D is a solid leap of faith and pressure on a kid that should have a season to adapt.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I understand that, but, you arent getting a Draisaitl return for Shatty. That's the difference.

I have always hated this line of thought.

To me, it's the equivelant of saying "let's trade someone because he has value". That's not to imply that was your line of thought, but that's how I see the situation.

If I were to trade Pietrangelo, and that's a big if, the only way I would do it is if we we are acquiring talent that would undoubtedly improve the team. The problem is there aren't many players in the league I would do that for.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
No one expects that.

That's my point. Signing Shatty and trading Petro would be such a better return than trading Shatty for whatever Army can get at this point, which doesn't seem like a lot.

JBo - Parayko
Ed - Shatty
Gunnar - Bortz

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I'm only trading Petro if Shatty is re-signed. We can't lose both

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad