Blues signed Phil McRae and Brent Regner

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
The Blues are not going to have any more room for additional right handed defensemen if they keep this kind of crap up.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Hopefully McRae is over his injury issues and can be a productive AHL player for us.

gumption

Jun 28, 2014
St. Louis
The Blues are not going to have any more room for additional right handed defensemen if they keep this kind of crap up.

regner is a right hand dman though.
i haven't really watched him play, but he had 2 goals and 21 assists in 63 games for the wolves last season, not the greatest, but i'm taking it he's just a call-up dman in case edmundson or hakanpaa aren't ready.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
regner is a right hand dman though.
i haven't really watched him play, but he had 2 goals and 21 assists in 63 games for the wolves last season, not the greatest, but i'm taking it he's just a call-up dman in case edmundson or hakanpaa aren't ready.
It was...
I was simply being...

Nevermind.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Both are career AHLers. Hopefully we get some better AHL talent to serve as call ups. I'm not so worried about forward with our depth and Rattie. But we only have 7 D. 2 injuries and Regner is our #6 guy.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Who is Regner?

I watched Regner play a couple dozen times this past season. He also played for Peoria a couple seasons ago. He is an offensive d-man. The stats may not reflect it, but he can really move the puck. He has a very good shot from the point and can pinch. His defense is solid enough, and, imo, was the best Wolves' d-man late in the season. He comes from a cattle ranching family in Alberta and each year he and his family decide whether he will play hockey or help the family with their hundreds of steer. He goes through this every year and so far every year his family makes him go play hockey.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I watched Regner play a couple dozen times this past season. He also played for Peoria a couple seasons ago. He is an offensive d-man. The stats may not reflect it, but he can really move the puck. He has a very good shot from the point and can pinch. His defense is solid enough, and, imo, was the best Wolves' d-man late in the season. He comes from a cattle ranching family in Alberta and each year he and his family decide whether he will play hockey or help the family with their hundreds of steer. He goes through this every year and so far every year his family makes him go play hockey.

That's a guy who obviously has the commitment it takes to win. He'd rather be shoveling cow dung then playing hockey.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
That's a guy who obviously has the commitment it takes to win. He'd rather be shoveling cow dung then playing hockey.

Well...with 600 (or something crazy like that) head of cattle and few hands to work them, I see it that he is a stand-up dude and ready to be responsible. Every year he has to get over his guilt of not helping out his family. I see it as a good thing. He is responsible and is a family-type guy.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Well...with 600 (or something crazy like that) head of cattle and few hands to work them, I see it that he is a stand-up dude and ready to be responsible. Every year he has to get over his guilt of not helping out his family. I see it as a good thing. He is responsible and is a family-type guy.

I know. I was just kidding. Should have put in the good ole' :sarcasm:

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
McRae was a bust in the Finnish League last season and it is hard to see him becoming anything else than a career AHL player.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
McRae was a bust in the Finnish League last season and it is hard to see him becoming anything else than a career AHL player.

Yeah, we pretty much all assumed that before he went to Europe. After he left for Finland, I think most of us(at least I did) just assumed he would stay in Europe to finish out his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad