Confirmed with Link: Blues sign Josh Leivo, 1yr/1 Way/$750k

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
Joshua Leivo, 29, signed a one-year, one-way contract. He played in seven games for Carolina last season and 54 games for the Chicago Wolves (AHL) and recorded 46 points (22 goals, 24 assists). The 6-foot-2 forward was the AHL Playoff MVP last season, scoring 29 points (15 goals, 14 assists) in 18 games. He has played in 214 career NHL games, recording 77 points (38 goals, 39 assists). He was originally drafted 86th overall by Toronto in the 2011 NHL Draft.

Good depth/4th Line for the price.

Reactions: stl76

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Solid depth signing. Former Toronto draft pick who has dealt with injuries, but appears healthy now. Vancouver fans on the main board said he played well for them previously. Hopefully Leivo can be a very good bottom 6er this coming season for league minimum! Scored 29 points (15 G & 14 A) in 18 playoff games for the wolves FWIW

Reactions: Blueston

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
FWgaVdbUAAEQtxX.jpg

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Why do people think showing their own ignorance is an insult to the person they don't know? Just because you don't really follow hockey does not make this a bad signing. It takes probably as much time to find a stupid Rock meme and post it as it would to look up a scouting report on Leivo.

Craigo85

Apr 24, 2018
Always thought he could be what the Leafs needed, right up until he was traded. And then it looked like he had a chance with the Canucks but that obviously never worked out in the end.

Bigger guy, seemed like he could score. I don't think he was too slow with the Leafs (but that was a while ago).

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Why do people think showing their own ignorance is an insult to the person they don't know? Just because you don't really follow hockey does not make this a bad signing. It takes probably as much time to find a stupid Rock meme and post it as it would to look up a scouting report on Leivo.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
toronto f***ed his development up so bad, up and down and never playing

prob one of the times where a team is majorly at fault for ruining someones career

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
I think Leaf’s fans were pretty high in this guy at one time but he never really advanced past a 4th liner. He will back check and get physical though. Yesterday’s signing of Arcieri and now this shows Blues want to be harder to play against. That bottom line had a lot of different moving parts last year due to injuries and was just never a factor on the season. Torp will be out a month or so to start the season but this can’t be good for a Bozak return or Klim Kostin either.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I think Leaf’s fans were pretty high in this guy at one time but he never really advanced past a 4th liner. He will back check and get physical though. Yesterday’s signing of Arcieri and now this shows Blues want to be harder to play against. That bottom line had a lot of different moving parts last year due to injuries and was just never a factor on the season. Torp will be out a month or so to start the season but this can’t be good for a Bozak return or Klim Kostin either.
I'd be shocked if we brought Bozo back. I suspect Kostin will be dealt, if anyone wants him.

Kylester

Feb 28, 2020
Southern California
I'd be shocked if we brought Bozo back. I suspect Kostin will be dealt, if anyone wants him.
Someone suggested in another thread Kostin might go back to the KHL...if he gets an offer. Not saying that's for certain, just another possibility.

Also, I agree that signing Accari means Bozak is not coming back. Think he might just retire?

Reactions: Blueston

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Good depth signing. Great AHLer who has played plenty of games in the NHL to be comfortable when called upon.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
toronto f***ed his development up so bad, up and down and never playing

prob one of the times where a team is majorly at fault for ruining someones career
Specifically Babcock ruined his development. For whatever reason he just didn’t want to play the kid. Everyone else in the organization liked him.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Someone suggested in another thread Kostin might go back to the KHL...if he gets an offer. Not saying that's for certain, just another possibility.

Also, I agree that signing Accari means Bozak is not coming back. Think he might just retire?
I think Bozak wants to play one more year, but it will be on a different team. No room here.

Reactions: Mike Liut

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
Looking at Leivo's stats in the NHL it's a little surprising he hasn't gotten more of a chance.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
I remember reading somewhere on the trade boards that he (Leivo) had attitude problems.Hopefully he has matured.
remember reading that on the Leafs board as well

maturity/work ethic iirc

talented but entitled maybe? hopefully grown out of that

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
What? A Leivo thread but no thread for Frk?

I like Leivo but Frk is even better. I’m actually excited about getting Frk - ha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad