Confirmed with Link: Blues sign ex-Sabres F Jordan Nolan to one-year, two-way contract

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
They do this every year. They sign borderline NHL quality vets to sub-million dollar contracts to fill in the AHL roster and have someone with NHL experience to call up if the kids aren't progressing enough to be an injury fill-in. Its why we have Bennett, and Butler. Why we had Aggozino and Agostino and others. Its a pure worst case scenario depth play and shouldn't really garner much discussion. I personally like the strategy and am glad the team is willing to pay pretty hefty AHL salaries to those guys to have them around. Its come in handy before.

Reactions: shpongle falls

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I wonder if he’s better than Thorburn.

He’s a very physical player. I remember him from the Kings series a few years ago.

Either way, not a bad depth piece to have. The Blues are going with more skill these days but at least we know we can bring him up if we ever find that we need some more muscle.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Good AHL depth signing, absolute last resort (hopefully won't be needed) call-up.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Despite not being a very skilled hockey player, Nolan has managed to piece together a 360-game career so far in the NHL, and played every game for the Kings’ playoff run as a rookie. If anybody knows what it takes to carve out a spot in the NHL, and do the little things that make coaches like you, it’s Jordan Nolan. If any of that rubs off on our AHL players, especially those with bottom-6 aspirations like Foley, Kaspick, Musil, MacEachern, etc, then all the better.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I really, really like this signing! I hope he can make the Blues 4th line out of camp. He is a cheaper, faster version of Maroon, whom some posters were advocating signing. He is a big body who loves to throw his weight around, and readily sticks up for his teammates. If he can't make the Blues, he can help protect our prospects on SA. He gives us a bit more grit, which I think we need.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I really, really like this signing! I hope he can make the Blues 4th line out of camp. He is a cheaper, faster version of Maroon, whom some posters were advocating signing. He is a big body who loves to throw his weight around, and readily sticks up for his teammates. If he can't make the Blues, he can help protect our prospects on SA. He gives us a bit more grit, which I think we need.
You sold me, I hope he does well wherever he ends up.

Reactions: simon IC

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
Coming from a Sabres fan: he hustles, but he has to just to make up for the lack of talent. Still, he'll pitch in the occasional goal and look surprisingly good on occasion. But even on the Sabres he was a frequent scratch and never more than a fourth liner. Two way deal is perfect for him; stash him in the AHL for insurance.... just in case.

Clipjoint

Jul 26, 2016
I wonder if he’s better than Thorburn.

My aunt is better than Thorburn.
Your aunt is better than Thorburn.

Heck, let us take this to its final resting place:

Thorburn's aunt's ants are likely better than Thorburn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad