Confirmed with Link: Blues sign Chris Thorburn (2 years @ $900k)

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Armstrong makes a couple decent moves and then signs ****ing Chris Thorburn?

Wtf? Why? We have ZERO need for him. He's a liability on the ice...

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Decent Reaves replacement tbh. Looking at his point totals, he's definitely not a worse player than Reaves.

Fine price, will come in handy against certain teams. Also ups our beard game, and glad it wasn't Neil.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
Why do we need a puncher? Christ...

Edit: And why 2 years? Guys like that can be had on 1 year contacts.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Solid Reaves replacement tbh. Looking at his point totals, he's definitely not a worse player than Reaves and can contribute.

Good price, will come in handy against certain teams. Also ups our beard game. I'll take it.

This is true.

Also if a kid pushes him out of the lineup, he can easily sit for that price. Absolutely nothing wrong with this

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I can live with it. It's not expensive, and if he doesn't work out, we trade him or drop him into the A.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Why do we need a puncher? Christ...

Edit: And why 2 years? Guys like that can be had on 1 year contacts.

Look at it this way....Pittsburg gave up Kostin+Sundqvist for Reaves+. We signed a lesser version for free

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Gives the Blues roster options for match ups against heavier teams. So be it, I just hope they use one of the younger guys the rest of the time.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
"No deal is better then bad deal." Wonder who said that?

giphy.gif

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I honestly don't understand this one. I would bet he ends up in the press box more night than not.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Someone has to be the healthy scratch most of the time. I see him getting spot duty depending on the match-up. Its better to have the option to play that kind of game than to suffer through it and be always on the receiving end. Its close enough to minimum that the salary is fine. Better than putting a developing player in that position.

Can Thorburn function on the PK?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Someone has to be the healthy scratch most of the time. I see him getting spot duty depending on the match-up. Its better to have the option to play that kind of game than to suffer through it and be always on the receiving end. Its close enough to minimum that the salary is fine. Better than putting a developing player in that position.

He can, but he isn't close to being as effective as Upshall. He's someone that get a shift or two per game on the PK.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011

Looks like he did PK a bit for Winnipeg, so that is good.

I don't understand why anyone has an issue with this signing...people loved Reaves and then as soon as the team signs a similar player, people are disappointed. What other 4th liners do we have in the system that would be so much better? It's $900K...

medkit

Mar 22, 2014
As long as he's off the ice most of the time, whatever. Just hope Yeo doesn't overplay him.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Looks like a grungy version of Reaves. I think he's the insurance policy against getting man handled by bigger teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Looks like he did PK a bit for Winnipeg, so that is good.

I don't understand why anyone has an issue with this signing...people loved Reaves and then as soon as the team signs a similar player, people are disappointed. What other 4th liners do we have in the system that would be so much better? It's $900K...
In my defense, I never once liked Reaves or thought he was ever a useful player.

So of course I don't like this signing. But I don't understand why we need 1500 wingers.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
In my defense, I never once liked Reaves or thought he was ever a useful player.

So of course I don't like this signing. But I don't understand why we need 1500 wingers.
Yeah I did notice your posts on Reaves, so you're all good.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Some scouting notes from a Jets fan:

Thorburn is a big guy who skates well for his age/size. Great locker room guy and team player. Has a nack for scoring some unreal goals at least once a year that has earned himself the name "Scoreburn". Will drop the gloves with anyone. Not really a good PKer and is probably a 13th forward at this point of his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad