EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
1) Tarasenko
2) Schwartz
3) Rattie
4) Allen
5) Jaskin

This goes to Carrier for me. I liked him quite a bit before the draft, and I think he has significant upside. I'd like to get a better feel for his hockey IQ and ability to play without the puck before I'm as confident projecting him as a top 6 player as I am with Rattie.

With that said, I like his upside/floor combination better than any of the defensive prospects in the system so he gets my vote here.

nicholas89alex

Nov 16, 2012
I went with vannali. I like his upside a lot. also I think carrier is mildly redundant with jaskin in the system. they seem to be very similar players.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Carrier
Vannelli
Schmaltz
Hakanpaa
Edmundson

Binnington has NHL potential, but I don't know where to put him.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
This one was a tough choice for me but ended up going with Carrier.

You should add MacEachern to the list.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I think Schmaltz had a better offensive game and skillset his draft year than Vannelli, but Vannelli's defensive game was more reliable and polished than Schmaltz's.

Schmaltz probably has the higher overall ceiling, but I think Vannelli is the better bet to pan out into (at least) a mid-pairing guy. Not much between the two for me at the moment.

Binnington is fairly far down my list. He needs to put in a few solid seasons in the AHL before he moves up my rankings.

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
I have a little confusion with Carrier a lot of places actually has him listed as a center but my understanding is we drafted him as a winger right?

Like Futures lists him as a center and MyNHLDraft does as well. I wonder is there are plans to eventually try to convert him back to playing center.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
I have a little confusion with Carrier a lot of places actually has him listed as a center but my understanding is we drafted him as a winger right?

Like Futures lists him as a center and MyNHLDraft does as well. I wonder is there are plans to eventually try to convert him back to playing center.

To me, he's kind of like Tarasenko. Not as good of course, but a bit more polished defensively. Does a lot of his damage from the left side instead of the right. Pretty good size for his height, so hopefully he hasn't maxed out physically. If he could add some more speed, he'd be lethal, at least at the junior level.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Kurker is this years Jaskin candidate IMO. He'll likely be picked #11 or #12, but I could see him breaking out and rise quickly up the list at mid-season.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Kurker is this years Jaskin candidate IMO. He'll likely be picked #11 or #12, but I could see him breaking out and rise quickly up the list at mid-season.

Its Schmaltz for me, with a bigger role in UND's defence and more important minutes I think he will step it up this year and show why we picked him in the first round.

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
I think Gardiner may actually shoot up the lists eventually like Jaskin . He had a solid NCAA season last year for his first NCAA season. It may be more hope as well since he is a playmaking center with good size something we could really use.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Its Schmaltz for me, with a bigger role in UND's defence and more important minutes I think he will step it up this year and show why we picked him in the first round.

I think he will do well too, but Jaskin was #14 I believe last season, so I wanted someone outside of the top 10 as a pick to breakout and Schmaltz will definitely make the top 10.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I think he will do well too, but Jaskin was #14 I believe last season, so I wanted someone outside of the top 10 as a pick to breakout and Schmaltz will definitely make the top 10.

I agree. Schmaltz will blossom this year. Another name I have rated higher probably then some is Petteri Lindbohm. He had a great showing at the WJCs as their captain. He really looked the part and was impressive.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
The voting list was a bit sparse because the top prospects are fairly defined, but I'm going to widen the list significantly moving forward.

The add list includes:
MacEachern
McRae
Fairchild
Wannstrom
Lundstrom
Tesink
Gardiner
Grachev
Ponich
Lindbohm

Let me know if there's anyone else out there you would like to see go up on the board as a possible top 15 prospect. We can add even more later if we want as we start rounding out the top 20 (and perhaps beyond).

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I went with Schmaltz. I still see him as a top pairing guy (Not like Pie, but more like Shatty with size).

His d game developed pretty well last year. As the year moved on he got more time in PP. He is said to have a high hockey IQ and developing the dzone coverage. Big step from HS to college, especially as a dman.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I went with Carrier because I feel like his skill set could translate well into the NHL and I believe he can become a pretty solid center, even though all signs point towards him being a winger. But after that, I'm torn between Vanelli and Schmaltz. I'm leaning toward Vanelli because of how much he resembles Bouwmeester in terms of defensive abilities and skating.

To be honest, when looking at our pool, even without Tarasenko and Schwartz, our prospects run very deep in almost everything but center. Do we have top picks, no, but the depth we have is something to marvel at.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
How can people put Schmaltz over Vanelli? Both are very similar but Schmaltz is closer and has better defensive ability.

He's my vote here.

Vannelli is a great skater and was ranked by some to be a late first in a supposedly deep draft, while Schmaltz was seen as a bit of an off-the-board pick.

I basically agree that it's hard to choose at this point with players like that, but it's not crazy to have a preference.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Appears I went against the mainstream on this one :laugh: I went with Edmundson.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
The voting list was a bit sparse because the top prospects are fairly defined, but I'm going to widen the list significantly moving forward.

The add list includes:
MacEachern
McRae
Fairchild
Wannstrom
Lundstrom
Tesink
Gardiner
Grachev
Ponich
Lindbohm

Let me know if there's anyone else out there you would like to see go up on the board as a possible top 15 prospect. We can add even more later if we want as we start rounding out the top 20 (and perhaps beyond).

Pochiro should be added to that list. He's on the same level or higher than Tesink.

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
Appears I went against the mainstream on this one :laugh: I went with Edmundson.

I'm higher on Edmundsom then a lot of people on here as well him and Hakanpaa are actually my two favorite defensive prospects. I could see Edmundsom being similar Jason Garrison maybe a little more edge though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad