18) MacEachern
19) Tesink
20) Andronov
21) Beach
22) Pochiro

letmesleep

Mar 12, 2009
Slim pickins round now.

McRae and Grachev have probably seen the last of the Blues organization, it seems. Gardiner is putting up some numbers but it's at a low level of competition. Ponich is imposing but hasn't put his game together. Walters, Saari, and Shattock all seem to be low-ceiling players with a lot to prove still. Tremblay is average-at-best among his peers but goalies can be notoriously late bloomers.

Here's probably my list from here on out:

Gardiner
Saari
Tremblay
Ponich
Shattock
Walters

I can't really bring myself to rate McRae or Grachev because I don't see how they fit in the organization anymore, even if they put up monster numbers overseas. It looks like their windows of opportunity have passed.

letmesleep

Mar 12, 2009
Comparing the rest of the list to the Blues website, there seem to be a few current prospects missing.

Sebastian Wannstrom
Maxwell Tardy
David Sheilds
Stephen MacAuley

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I thought Wännström was already picked. If he had been listed, I'd have chosen him. i think he should be ahead of Pochiro, Beach, Tesink, and, possibly, MacEachern.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Next year when we do this, I'd really appreciate if the strict definition of a prospect is agreed upon and we only include those people as eligible to be voted for.

If they're still technically a prospect but some folks don't consider them as viable for the Blues any more....we should decide what to do. I'd favor including them, but I think the confusion around this point made most of my votes irrelevant.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Wannstrom would be further up the list for me as well. Perhaps we have a separate poll to vote for his position in this poll? We definitely shouldn't be this low.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Gardiner took it. Since this poll only managed 15 votes in almost a week, and the regular season is upon us, I think it's time to let it die.

When we do this again next year, we can try to start it a bit earlier and come up with some ground rules ahead of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad