Value of: Blues Players

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Bouwmeester price? From the Pens. We have LHD but are probably looking to re-do our defense this off season.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Not sure what asking price the OP has in mind, but I personally think there's little chance that the Blues move Bouwmeester this offseason.

He has a NTC, for one. Beyond that, I think the organization thinks a lot more highly of him than the fan base does right now. They're going to like their left side of the defense more with him than without, and I doubt they are feeling the need to tinker with that much, anyway.

I could see everyone else on that list being available, though.

Reactions: simon in canada

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Not sure what asking price the OP has in mind, but I personally think there's little chance that the Blues move Bouwmeester this offseason.

He has a NTC, for one. Beyond that, I think the organization thinks a lot more highly of him than the fan base does right now. They're going to like their left side of the defense more with him than without, and I doubt they are feeling the need to tinker with that much, anyway.

I could see everyone else on that list being available, though.
The NTC complicates things for sure.

With the emergence of Dunn, I am comfortable moving Bouwmeester. We could use his allocation against the cap to improve the top 9.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Can sobotka play centre? If he can he would be an expensive, but decent option for the leafs.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
JBo's surgery on his hip and his NTC make him pretty much a Blue next season. He will probably line up with Bortuzzo and/or Schmaltz. If this hip is cleaned up, then he should be back to good speed, which is his asset. If not, he'll spend a lot of time in the press box.

Gunnar has value especially given his cost. Probably net a mid round pick and AHL filler. They probably will wait and see how JBo looks before looking at Gunnar, but here is another case of seeing how he comes back after his blown knee at the end of this last season. Another question mark.

Berglund's NTC kicks in and he can list 20 teams he won't go to. Going to be hard to move that. But, he still has value to the Blues regardless of what the fan base generally thinks. Put him on the 3rd line and he does his job well.

Allen will cost the Blues another 1st to move him, and Army can't keep giving away firsts to clear up mistake contracts. The question is, who out there is better that would be available? I think they ride him out but keep him on a short leash, and I mean SHORT leash. If we re-sign Hutton, that will be a very short leash. If they let Husso be the backup, then he might get a bit more leeway.

Sobotka may have value to a team looking for a 3/4 line winger. He is a shell of the player that went to the KHL. This version is pretty much uninterested at playing physical or sometimes even playing at all. I'd be happy with a 3rd round to open up his spot on the roster.

Reactions: simon in canada

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
What’s the price on Jordan Schmaltz?
Probably a RW prospect with similar upside who is currently blocked on a roster just like Schmaltz. I suspect that he wouldn't be moved unless an offer blows them away. He'll split time with Bortuzzo this coming year to finally give him a chance. If he has a great camp, I could see the Blues moving Bortuzzo.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
JBo's surgery on his hip and his NTC make him pretty much a Blue next season. He will probably line up with Bortuzzo and/or Schmaltz. If this hip is cleaned up, then he should be back to good speed, which is his asset. If not, he'll spend a lot of time in the press box.

Gunnar has value especially given his cost. Probably net a mid round pick and AHL filler. They probably will wait and see how JBo looks before looking at Gunnar, but here is another case of seeing how he comes back after his blown knee at the end of this last season. Another question mark.

Berglund's NTC kicks in and he can list 20 teams he won't go to. Going to be hard to move that. But, he still has value to the Blues regardless of what the fan base generally thinks. Put him on the 3rd line and he does his job well.

Allen will cost the Blues another 1st to move him, and Army can't keep giving away firsts to clear up mistake contracts. The question is, who out there is better that would be available? I think they ride him out but keep him on a short leash, and I mean SHORT leash. If we re-sign Hutton, that will be a very short leash. If they let Husso be the backup, then he might get a bit more leeway.

Sobotka may have value to a team looking for a 3/4 line winger. He is a shell of the player that went to the KHL. This version is pretty much uninterested at playing physical or sometimes even playing at all. I'd be happy with a 3rd round to open up his spot on the roster.

3rd rounder for sobotka retained?

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017

Spoken like a true Blues fan. Haha

Allen doesnt have negative value.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Blues fans are the only fans on these boards that actively try to talk other teams out of trading for our players lol
Lol, and then get accused of over-valuing our players and prospects. (Cough, Parayko, Thomas, Kyrou... ). As previously stated, Bouwmeester will be very difficult to move. I think that a lot of us forget that a healthy JBo could be a great asset. If he is 100%, he could be a great partner for Schmaltz, so the latter can develop his offensive skills. I also think JBo is a good partner for Parayko. People also forget JBo's PK skills, which we sorely missed this year. Everything depends on his surgery, as his game is completely predicated on his skating. If he never gets back to 100%, he should probably hang up his skates, as I think the other elements of his game will not make up for any loss of skating ability. Other GMs are probably also aware of this. I doubt he gets moved.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Sobotka is interesting. Once in awhile he puts in a great performance but often follows it up with a stinker or two. If a team could get the better effort more consistently they'd have a good one.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Sobotka is interesting. Once in awhile he puts in a great performance but often follows it up with a stinker or two. If a team could get the better effort more consistently they'd have a good one.
I expected a lot more of him when he returned this year. He doesn't seem like the same player he was on his 1st go around?

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I expected a lot more of him when he returned this year. He doesn't seem like the same player he was on his 1st go around?

He's way less physically engaged. He doesn't do the wrecking ball thing and he'll blatantly slow up, reach a little, and let the other team take the puck if it looks like he's going to meet with another player with speed near the boards. That frees him up to make more offensive plays sometimes, because he's doing less plumbing, but there's a ceiling on that for him. His shot isn't good enough and he's beyond awful on the powerplay (he's okay in front of the net, but if he has to handle the puck or make a play, expect a turnover).

He had back issues while he was playing in Europe, but the weird thing is that every once in a while, old Sobotka will show up for a period. He'll throw a couple huge hits and get rough about 50/50 pucks. It makes me wonder if it's sheer motivation instead of age and injuries catching up with him. There were rumors about players on the Blues playing "for the paycheck/lifestyle," and fans have suspected it's him because of the odd inconsistency, but nobody really knows. He's an okay player, he's just underwhelming and redundant on the Blues.

Reactions: north49er

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
How good was Patrik Berglund the past few seasons? Might be a fit for Flames as a 3rd line RW/C option in injury cases.

He's extremely frustrating to watch...

Blues fans are the only fans on these boards that actively try to talk other teams out of trading for our players lol

I think that comes from years and years and years of disappointment and frustration.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad