Proposal: Blues - Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd Parchment

Apr 5, 2018
Both teams with the early season blues. This trade might help them strike oil.

Oilers:

Pietrangelo

Blues:

Yamamoto
Larsson
1st Round Pick

Oilers get the D they've been craving since Pronger and get a nice mentor for the type of game Bouchard plays.

Blues get some grit and SOLID play from Larsson. Yamamoto gives them another winger to play around with who plays bigger than his size. The pick could end up being Hughes.

Reactions: TSN Jdog

Ementy

May 11, 2010
I highly doubt Stl would do this...For sure they would want Nurse + + +

and at that point I mean yeah it is Pietrangelo but Nurse is on the up and up and whatever we give up with him might make too much of a gouge, Think Nurse + RNH

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017

and at that point I mean yeah it is Pietrangelo but Nurse is on the up and up and whatever we give up with him might make too much of a gouge, Think Nurse + RNH

Would do that if RNH wasn't a winger. Oilers lack them hard though.

Todd Parchment

Apr 5, 2018
I think it’s quite fair. It gives blues more character and depth. It also gets Parayko to the #1 spot where he would flourish. I was reading the Blues board and they seem to need character players. Larsson is as tough as they come and is just a solid player overall.

Yamamoto could be the next Gallagher and as I said the first pick could be huge.

What makes it so bad?

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

Think mcdavid. Lol

In all seriousness right now we are not trading petro or parayko

Ementy

May 11, 2010
Think mcdavid. Lol

In all seriousness right now we are not trading petro or parayko
Soo Mcdavid for Petro + which half of your top 6? jk. Yeah I would not want to trade him either, or see what a team would have to cough up to make it happen.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Soo Mcdavid for Petro + which half of your top 6? jk. Yeah I would not want to trade him either, or see what a team would have to cough up to make it happen.
Right now defense is an issue. We don't need young wingers we have kyrou Thomas Blais, Sandford and kostin. We need a better goalie and a coach

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Yes please.

Blues dont touch that tho. Petro is a top 5-10 dman imo and he is crucial to their success/their best player (imo).

Last edited:

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Could you imagine the outrage in Edmonton if word got out that Edmonton actually turned this down? LOL

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Yes please.

Blues dont touch that tho. Petro is a top 10-15 dman imo and he is crucial to their success/their best player (imo).
Top 5-10 in the league, multiple time Norris Canidate.

If they were to trade him now try 2 first round picks un protected and Larson. But I would never trade him

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Top 5-10 in the league, multiple time Norris Canidate.

If they were to trade him now try 2 first round picks un protected and Larson. But I would never trade him
Meant to write top 5 to 10. Goofed it.

Anyways, Larsson + 2 firsts for Petro? I would seriously consider that, very hard.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Could you imagine the outrage in Edmonton if word got out that Edmonton actually turned this down? LOL
They'd almost have to. Pietrangelo is a UFA in two years and the Oilers' cap situation is always going to be questionable with their top two guys taking up a quarter of the payroll. Can you build a competitive team with your top three taking up over a third of it?

That being said, why would St Louis have any interest in Yamamoto? Aren't they already stocked for wingers?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
They'd almost have to. Pietrangelo is a UFA in two years and the Oilers' cap situation is always going to be questionable with their top two guys taking up a quarter of the payroll. Can you build a team with you top three taking up over a third of it?

That being said, why would St Louis have any interest in Yamamoto? Aren't they already stocked for wingers?

Yeah, we don't need forwards. We need our defensemen to actually play like they normally do, Jay Bouwmeester to not get 20+ minutes a night and Mike Yeo to be fired.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
They'd almost have to. Pietrangelo is a UFA in two years and the Oilers' cap situation is always going to be questionable with their top two guys taking up a quarter of the payroll. Can you build a competitive team with your top three taking up over a third of it?

I was addressing that. Of course it would be crazy for the Blues to accept this trade.
As for the Oilers:
  • The salary cap will continue to rise
  • There will probably be an amnesty buyout phase after the next CBA which supposedly isn't too far around the corner. (Could really screw Seattle's chances at taking advantage of the league like Vegas did)
  • Russell and Sekera's NMC become limited after this season.
  • We could just trade Drai for a couple of wingers and send Hopkins back to the 2nd line C position so that we've got that money going into more depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad