Pre-Game Talk: Blues @ Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Because this team hasnt really had 2 good games in a row? Had a 6-3 game and then got blown out the next game.

Had a single 2 game win streak but one of those games we absolutely shouldn't have won.

This team is definitely improving and I'm optimistic but against a top 3 team in the league I think they will out hustle us and there is nothing wrong with that

Why do you assume that St. Louis will "out hustle" the Oilers? Outplay is one thing but I don't know how one can predict hustle.

In any event, the team started to look like it was turning a corner against the Rangers until the two boneheaded penalties then they played an excellent game against the Caps and against Vegas so I think we're starting to see more consistency in their play. Tonight will be a tough one but I think we'll see the Oilers play a good game even if they lose.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

Too bad Cammy cant play 1RW. Would have him and McDavid, Lucic and Drai, RNH and Pulju

Gameday vids:

Last edited:

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
Because this team hasnt really had 2 good games in a row? Had a 6-3 game and then got blown out the next game.

Had a single 2 game win streak but one of those games we absolutely shouldn't have won.

This team is definitely improving and I'm optimistic but against a top 3 team in the league I think they will out hustle us and there is nothing wrong with that

hmmm you're new, my old friend replacement is gone, u act a lot like them ... be honest are u replacement ?

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Allen has been struggling as of late. Let 4 in vs NYI on 18 shots, yuck. Think this is another cure for what ails us, put 4-5 by the guy and grab a W

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I really have to laugh as I didn't realize Kharia was out due to UBI until now, but Rishaug was talking about him and others yesterday. Mainly about Caggiula, Kharia and Slepy how everytime they get going they get hurt. That a month ago fans wanted Kharia gone, but as of yesterday people were calling for him over Letustu. He went on to say it's nice these guys can show they can plan, but until they can play a dozen games in a row where the coach isn't thinking of pulling them that we should step back on the expectations of these guys being an everyday NHLer.

Fast forward 24 hours and Kharia is out. Maybe Rishaug was onto something

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
2 bad losses in a row from the Blues so I am expecting a very hard fought game. I simply think the Blues are too good to allow 3 losses in a row so I am expecting a very fun to watch 3-2 OT loss.

Team is on the uptick so I think they still manage a point tonight.
I dunno. The Blues are always an odd team. Look like champs one month and chumps the next. Being that they've lost two maybe we've caught them at a good time. Blues also, as much as everybody talks about their D, have had as much trouble as anybody containing McD and Drai.

Oilers are feeling it right now and prevail 4-2.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This schedule is so unfair. It seems we keep getting teams that were just beaten by Calgary and looking to bounce back. Maybe the refs and schedulers have gotten together... they need Toronto to win the cup for the $$$.
Don't take this the wrong way but the avatar kind of matches the post in this instance. It isn't a bad thing for the Oilers to play clubs after Calgary, even better if its back to back which it sometimes is. Say what anybody wants about the flames but they make sure opponents come out of there having had to play a competitive game. I'd rather have teams play Calgary before us than a doormat like the Dead Coyotes.

beep beep!

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I dunno. The Blues are always an odd team. Look like champs one month and chumps he next. Being that they've lost two maybe we've caught them at a good time. Blues also, as much as everybody talks about their D, have had as much trouble as anybody containing McD and Drai.

Oilers are feeling it right now and prevail 4-2.
Their goaltending seems to be what really makes or breaks them. Up front they have to be one of the more dangerous teams with 3 guys in the top 10 in scoring. But for whatever reason that team just can't get a goalie to play a solid season and playoffs.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Cheers to McDavid 3 points night and the return of Replacement! And honorable mention to Chia and Russell the posters!

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Why is Khaira not in the lineup? Guy plays back to back great games and sits for Pak?

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton
He got banged up last night. Shoulder injury. Sounds short term.

Hope the effort level is there tonight. A few guys might be a tad groggy today.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
wait wait..... playing a finesse game against probably the slowest team in the league is a deteriment for the Oilers ? No play fast, get in on the forecheck , create turnovers and bury them early.

I think you took that out of context, playing like last game where they were throwing there bodies around and creating tons of space for the speed to come through. Most of the games we've lost this year have been "drop passes for days" kind of games, where no one (except Larsson) is hitting anyone. The team sucks when they play like that. I agree with you though, play fast and get in on that fore-check, use the body to create turn overs and then go for the throat.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Let's go boys.

bandana.gif
I hate this guy,

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Man Pakarinen gets a lot of leash
The guy can not score at the NHL level. May as well put Toby Petersen in ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad