GDT: Blues @ Oilers 9 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
nice win but i hope tomorrow has better officiating. very hard to watch a game when its a ref fest.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Jaskin is like ghost out there, Jaskin = Goochy Tootsie Bertta.

Seriously kid is lost with Backes. Something needs to be done. I wanna see next game

Code:
Steen - Stastny - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Lehterä - Jaskin
Upshall - Backes - Brouwer
Ott - Brodziak - Reaves

RR10*

You can't compare their points total. Oshie is a pure offensive player while Brouwer is more of a defensively responsible PF. Brouwer brings more to the table than points. I'm not sure we are better having him over Oshie. But he's a great fit on this team.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
You can't compare their points total. Oshie is a pure offensive player while Brouwer is more of a defensively responsible PF. Brouwer brings more to the table than points. I'm not sure we are better having him over Oshie. But he's a great fit on this team.

Uh, what? Oshie has always been a two way guy with some skill who's been trusted to play in key defensive situations. Brouwer has always been a third line grinder who's average defensively at best.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
nice win but i hope tomorrow has better officiating. very hard to watch a game when its a ref fest.

I'm not usually one to complain about the refs but I agree there were a bunch of very lame penalty calls.

The PK really did a great job though

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Pretty good start to a long road trip early in the season. Blues are playing a little more reckless so far this year. We keep giving up the first goal, but come back with offensive pressure to win games. Is it me or have the only game we have lost was with Allen in net? Elliott has only given up goals where his defense completely breaks down or his defense puts the puck in the net against him. His positioning in net is much better than Allen, he doesn't give up the short side goals that Allen seems to have had a problem with last year. He isn't as athletic, but doesn't get out of position as much as Allen. Will have to watch Allen vs. Vancouver, but Elliott seems better at this point of the season.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Jaskin is like ghost out there, Jaskin = Goochy Tootsie Bertta.

Seriously kid is lost with Backes. Something needs to be done. I wanna see next game

Code:
Steen - Stastny - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Lehterä - Jaskin
Upshall - Backes - Brouwer
Ott - Brodziak - Reaves
Definitely agree with this Ranksu, and I would dig those lines.

RR10*

Uh, what? Oshie has always been a two way guy with some skill who's been trusted to play in key defensive situations. Brouwer has always been a third line grinder who's average defensively at best.
I can agree with that, even if he's more of an offensive forward pretending to play defense. He was also playing on the first line while Brouwer probably was on the third with defensive responsibilities? That affects scoring you know.

STLBloosiers

Jul 14, 2014
WOW in the third as soon as Hitch went back to the STL line and moved Brouwer to where Tarasenko was we looked great please roll with!

Steen - Stastny - Brouwer
Schwartz - Lehterä - Tarasenko
Jaskin - Backes - Fabbri/Upshall
Ott - Brodziak - Reaves

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
is this the longest road trip of the season? would be nice to get it over with now instead of later in the year

RR10*

WOW in the third as soon as Hitch went back to the STL line and moved Brouwer to where Tarasenko was we looked great please roll with!

Steen - Stastny - Brouwer
Schwartz - Lehterä - Tarasenko
Jaskin - Backes - Fabbri/Upshall
Ott - Brodziak - Reaves
Fabbri should always play!

Steen - Stastny - Fabbri
Schwartz - Lehtera - Tarasenko
Jaskin - Backes - Brouwer
Upshall - Brodziak - Reaves

If you'd ask me.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Oshie played on a first line in almost all of those games. What line did Brouwer play on?

Not only that, but Brouwer isn't slipping and sliding all over the ice
A first line tasked with shadowing the other team's best lines, which is really more of a traditional 3rd line checking role.

Brouwer played anywhere from the 3rd line on up, depending, and on the PP (at least in Washington).

I'm perfectly happy to see Brouwer get off to a good start, but it's awful early to start throwing out things like Brouwer > Oshie, etc. He's pretty clearly a worse talent than Oshie, and even if he ends up being a better fit here than the latter, he still needs to show that he's capable of helping us do more against top competition and in the playoffs.

Only the most reactionary fan is convinced of anything at this point in the season, especially when we have a lot of evidence from the past suggesting that what's currently happening is something of a mirage.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I can agree with that, even if he's more of an offensive forward pretending to play defense. He was also playing on the first line while Brouwer probably was on the third with defensive responsibilities? That affects scoring you know.

You mean the first line that was also used as the shutdown line? The one that had ridiculously difficult competition and started the majority of the time starting in the defensive zone? That first line was most definitely a shutdown line and Oshie was a huge part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad