Confirmed with Link: Blues name Steve Thomas new Assistant Coach

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
His primary role with Tampa was working with the forwards. I'd say he did a good job even if Tampa didn't renew his contact. Good pickup in my books.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I would guess that Thomas will help run the PP since he was a good forward in his playing days...but that's just a guess. Mueller ran the PP last season so someone new will have to run it.

Lots of coaches now.

HC: Hitch
Associate: Yeo
Assts: Thomas, Bennett, Wilson
Goalie: Corsi
Video: Ferrell

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
The only two things I know about the guy was that he killed the Blues when he played, and he was an extra in the movie Youngblood.

From his wikipedia
Trivia

Thomas appeared in the 1986 hockey-themed movie Youngblood alongside Rob Lowe and Keanu Reeves and, in one scene, is memorably towel-whipped by Patrick Swayze.

:popcorn:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
So in 2017, Yeo HC, Thomas running the PP, Wilson running the 'D'... I'm cool with that.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I am really glad they got an offensive minded guy in there. I was worried about that. I have no idea how good he is as a coach, but he was an offensive minded player. Hopefully he will be fully in charge of the offense, not just assisting with the young forwards like he did in TB. However, to his credit, looking at their young forwards, he did a damn fine job in that role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad