GDT: Blues @ Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'm not worried at all, sometimes I think we are on the oilers boards with so much negativity. I think we will come out of the west this year.

I mean, I'm worried that we're still seeing some of the critical mistakes that we've been making for years, and I obviously am disheartened that we just loss despite being up 3-0 because I think that represents a significant mental hurdle this team needs to overcome(winning games at LA and at CHI), but the extreme pessimism is over the top for a regular season game in December.

We are not playing our best hockey. Not even close. I'm excited for when everyone starts clicking. We'll be a tough team to beat. If we do get beat in the playoffs, there's always next year. That's the beauty of sports :laugh:

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
I actually ain't even that upset. We have shown in the past 2 games we can hang with the kings and have found success against quick which is a big part of our playoff woes.
This. Wasnt the Blues best game, but they now know that Quick is beatable.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
This team is a much better team than we iced last year. I think we still need one more sniper and to shore up our defensive effort and we can go toe to toe with anyone in the west.

Gaborek has been huge for the kings...we need a similar move some time this season.

Petro and JBo must play better and more consistently.

Honestly, I think the effort to sign Tank long term will clear up a lot of these issues. The Blues will need to clear out some salaries and I have a feeling that those salaries will be from players who don't contribute quite as much as their big names would suggest.

I think Steen will be gone if we want to resign Tarasenko, Berglund will most likely be gone too.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I just don't get how a guy like Jake Muzzin looks better than Jay Bouwmeester continuously in games like these. I really don't. There's no way Muzzin is more talented. But Bouwmeester and Pietrangelo, among others, do not fare well when they get hit.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
Can we get someone working on an algorithm to clear the enigma that is Marian Gaborik's net front presence" It seems like it shouldn't exist but it does. I suggest the hawks get working on that as well. The preds... I think they may already have the answer.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I just don't get how a guy like Jake Muzzin looks better than Jay Bouwmeester continuously in games like these. I really don't. There's no way Muzzin is more talented. But Bouwmeester and Pietrangelo, among others, do not fare well when they get hit.

And on the flip side, Linbohm seems to thrive in that kind if environment.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
So much negativity. Brodeur wont be here much longer and the Blues look like they are on another level from what weve seen the last 10+ years offensively.

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
When we got up on them Tuesday we didn't let up. Tonite we were up 3-0 with opponent laying down and foot on the neck and gave mercy and they took advantage. Need more killer instinct I don't care if it means we win games 8-0 and people hate us for it.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Can we get someone working on an algorithm to clear the enigma that is Marian Gaborik's net front presence" It seems like it shouldn't exist but it does. I suggest the hawks get working on that as well. The preds... I think they may already have the answer.
For a fragile as Gaborik is....it is amazing he owns the front of our net.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
This is the kind of game that should result in a bag skate. We were up 3-0 and just stopped working. We literally handed the game over to the kings. Not much more to say than that.

This is it in a nutshell. The Blues have better personnel this season than last, but they still don't have the winners' killer instinct. They still don't have the quality winning team confidence. They often take the foot off the pedal when they get "comfortably ahead". I thought that might change with the addition of more goal-scoring power. But it hasn't. It better happen during this regular season. I hope this game is a wake-up call.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'm actually kind of glad that Butler didn't score on that beautiful pass Stastny game him because then the center ice goal would've been the game winner :laugh: Silly **** like that happens, but I'd hate to see it decided a game.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
No Blues fan should be very happy with this game. We had bad defense, bad goaltending, and once we had the lead we sat back and played sloppy hockey like many times before we've seen.

But for ****s sakes every team has bad games. Some of your lives must be absolute roller coaster rides. "Oh my god, that girl at the bar gave me a fake phone number?? I'll never get married" The Blues gotta learn from the loss and try to improve. This is the team we got, and if you don't like it then you don't have to watch and post in the GDT. I'm gonna keep watching, keep loving hockey, and possibly keep being frustrated. But hey maybe this year or next year or some year it will actually work out

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
I mean, I'm worried that we're still seeing some of the critical mistakes that we've been making for years, and I obviously am disheartened that we just loss despite being up 3-0 because I think that represents a significant mental hurdle this team needs to overcome(winning games at LA and at CHI), but the extreme pessimism is over the top for a regular season game in December.

We are not playing our best hockey. Not even close. I'm excited for when everyone starts clicking. We'll be a tough team to beat. If we do get beat in the playoffs, there's always next year. That's the beauty of sports :laugh:
Every team makes mistakes. Fact is, we're not going to know a ****ing thing about this team until the playoffs. How much faith did the LA fans have in the Kings in 2012?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
We're not going to have to move two top 9 forwards to re-sign Tarasenko. I'll be shocked if his cap hit is over $5 million unless we're talking a max-term deal.
What? He's scoring at a PPG pace. If he keeps this up, I don't see any way his salary will be in the 4 mil range. I'm thinking more like 6 (because I do think it will be long-term).

I wouldn't move Steen though, I'd move Oshie before him without even thinking twice about it.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
When we got up on them Tuesday we didn't let up. Tonite we were up 3-0 with opponent laying down and foot on the neck and gave mercy and they took advantage. Need more killer instinct I don't care if it means we win games 8-0 and people hate us for it.
They werent laying down, the Blues capitalized on a couple PP's. LA played a hard game all the way through.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
If Brodeur is gonna be on your roster then you can't play him once in 10 days. He usually sucks after sitting for lengthy periods of time. He's gotta be in more of a rhythm.

stlblues23*

No Blues fan should be very happy with this game. We had bad defense, bad goaltending, and once we had the lead we sat back and played sloppy hockey like many times before we've seen.

But for ****s sakes every team has bad games. Some of your lives must be absolute roller coaster rides. "Oh my god, that girl at the bar gave me a fake phone number?? I'll never get married" The Blues gotta learn from the loss and try to improve. This is the team we got, and if you don't like it then you don't have to watch and post in the GDT. I'm gonna keep watching, keep loving hockey, and possibly keep being frustrated. But hey maybe this year or next year or some year it will actually work out

And if not, they're always next year. We've been saying it since '67.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad