Confirmed with Link: Blues have signed Joakim Lindstrom

Longwayfromhome

Sweden/London, UK.
Oct 18, 2013
IMO he is a top 6 guy. He has dominated in SHL for two years and was outstanding at world cup this year.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Looks like he's put up some big numbers. Wonder if this is a move to replace Aucoin or replace Morrow or Berglund if we plan on trading Bergy.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Lindström pretty much made a clean sweep in the SHL awards for the season 2013/2014

-Guldhjälmen, the gold helmet award, aka MVP in SHL, voted by the SHL players
-Guldpucken, the gold puck award, best player in SHL AND in the national team, awarded by Swedish Hockey Association
-Peter Forsberg Trophy, best forward of the season, journalists vote along w/ P. Forsberg
-Stefan Liv Memorial Trophy, SHL Playoffs MVP

The most recent compilation on Lindstrom clips on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj_N_rY1uL0

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
This will be interesting. He didn't look good at all in Colorado 11/12. But he has grown as a player. I think he can be a top 6 guy for you.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Should also note that this move saves a ton of money if the plan is him getting at least some 3rd line minutes. If that's the case, Army should have the go ahead from Stillman to get that center this summer.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Well this could mean the end for Berglund, or maybe it's a move we're hoping works out for the 3rd line?

Berglund-Sobotka-Lindstrom?

I like Jaskin, but he really needs to improve his skating before we should be slotting him in for the regular 3rd line RW spot.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Thanks for the highlight package. Some things I noticed:

1. Seems like he can play both Wings, but prefers RW.

2. Good shot. Not elite from the look of it, but at least as good as Steen. Might not be quite as hard, but seems to get it away a lot faster.

3. Can create his own shot. Hopefully that doesn't mean he over-handles the puck in the NHL, but it's nice to see a guy drive the net and maintain possession of the puck. Not sure if this will translate to the NHL though, with superior D-men.

4. Nice vision. Saw him make a couple of cross-ice passes through traffic. Something I think this team is in dire need of.

5. Average skater, but strong on the puck.

He played for Hitch back in Columbus, so hopefully there won't be a culture shock.

I really like this move, hopefully he can become our Soberberg.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Avs fans on the main boards are pretty negative about him, but on their own board, it sounds like they were wanting him back. I think the plan is that he'll be on the 3rd line.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I really like his offensive awareness, but how his transition to playing against more physical teams like LA is what worries me.

His shot and stick handling are pretty darn good, so I'm liking this deal a lot actually.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I don't mind taking a flyer on him. I think he'll be a decent addition to the third line. This screams that Spezza is on the way to me though. Berglund would definitely be going the other way.

smoothcriminal

May 23, 2014
He's a really good playmaker, absolutely playmaker first which you might not see from the highlight package. But look at his WC play, creates chances for Möller all the time. And I mean he was waaaay better than linemate Backlund (NHL regular) and Nyquist (NHL high producing player) through the tournament. In the game against russia (semi-final) he was easily the most notably good player on the ice, over-shadowed Ovechkin and Malkin by far in that particular game.

Of course he isn't near their quality, but the upside is really high. And he also has a great, super-accurate shot both slapper and wrister.

Downside: Is pretty dependent on a top6 role, playing rightwing with a skilled preferably sniper playmate and someone who drives the net. Needs to play the playmaker role on the right side on the PP, but he's excellent there. With the role he got in Colorado, playing with non-physical linemates and the such, I don't think he'll be very good.

But now he's waaaay better than he's ever been before in the SHL, way better than when he went to Colorado, I mean previously up until last season he wasn't even really close to the national squad, now he played the first line and was indisputably the best player on the bronze squad. The development this season in the SHL/national team has been pretty sick, he's gone from "pretty good, high offensive upside" to "dominating".

Edit: And it's a no lose situation. If he can't be good at the NHL level, he'll break the contract and go home to Sweden (which I'm hoping for since he's on my particular team). And it won't cost you a dime. This might be top6 guy for 4th line/sideline money.

Last edited:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If he has the potential like some of you indicate, he'll add some great wing depth if one of the top 6 goes down. I wonder how the 3rd line would work out?

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010

Armstrong goes out and signs the reigning SHL MVP to a one year deal where he will make 75k more than Aucoin last year. If some other team had signed him blues fans would be whining "where was Armstrong on this!?"

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Pleased with the signing. I'm not convinced that he is made for the NHL, but you can't really get much lower risk.

zinvic

May 28, 2014
Lindstrom

You guys did just signed what could evolve into one hell of a 3rd line winger. I've been following Skelleftea AIK closely the last five years. I prayed that Lindstrom would be to old to get a new chance in the NHL, cause he was that dominant when on the ice. It's really remarkable that he didn't finish with most points in the regular season in SHL. All year long I was saying that "This guys would be a great fit on a 3rd line and second PP-unit in any NHL club".

I must say that taking a leap on this guy for 900k (?) on a one-year deal could be considered a steal. This guy destroyed the SHL last year, seriously it wasn't even fair to the other team that's how good he was, and more importantly when he wasn't producing points he was backchecking. When Carl Soderberg played in the SHL it was him and Lindstrom who dominated and quite honestly I think Lindstrom has a higher offensive ceiling than Soderberg but Lindstrom will have a harder time transmiting that into the NHL as he has shown before having a hard time taking a regular spot.

I got nothing bad to say about Lindstrom as a player, I do hope he can transmit he's game to NHL cause he clearly got the skills to be a really good 3rd line winger that can jump in and play 2nd line a couple of games each year during injuries.

If you got any questions bout Lindstrom don't hesitate to ask and I'll answer them if I can :)

Edit: It seems as the contract is as low as 700k according to Jeremy Rutherford.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad