Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part X

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Love the Cards draft last night. We've needed a high upside shortstop for as long as I can remember. Peralta has finally stopped the revolving door we've had there since Ozzie. He'll be gone by the time Perez is ready. Even if his bat never becomes anything special, a great defensive shortstop with plus speed is valueable. If his bat does develop, he could be a star.

It seems that the Cards have finally gone away from the safe college arms that they stockpiled forever. Guys like Wacha, Gonzalez, and Weaver are nice, but you win titles with upside guys that hit their ceiling. Perez is probably the biggest boom/bust player in the draft, but I'm thrilled we took him. We have to get away from the safe picks, they just aren't working. We need more raw players that we develop into stars.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
What a hack piece by Ortiz in the Post this morning. Hilarious actually considering he's from Houston...

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...cle_55a0faf2-cb11-5013-8214-5b4fdcfc2078.html

It just blows my mind that all of these national baseball writers are all up in arms because a 17 year old kid made one stupid mistake, probably due to coercing by his coaches in Puerto Rico. Let's be honest, the kid's not a power hitter according to stats, so I'm guessing the PED was helping an injury heal faster rather than giving him significant physical boosts. At the same time, these writers are the same people who continually push for renowned cheaters like Bonds and Sosa (who used PED's specifically for muscle growth and increased power) to be be elected into the hall of fame... Just mind-blowing.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
What a hack piece by Ortiz in the Post this morning. Hilarious actually considering he's from Houston...

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...cle_55a0faf2-cb11-5013-8214-5b4fdcfc2078.html

It just blows my mind that all of these national baseball writers are all up in arms because a 17 year old kid made one stupid mistake, probably due to coercing by his coaches in Puerto Rico. Let's be honest, the kid's not a power hitter according to stats, so I'm guessing the PED was helping an injury heal faster rather than giving him significant physical boosts. At the same time, these writers are the same people who continually push for renowned cheaters like Bonds and Sosa (who used PED's specifically for muscle growth and increased power) to be be elected into the hall of fame... Just mind-blowing.

I cant believe how quickly the PD sports staff has gone to ****. They hit some bad luck with losing Burwell and Strauss, but they lost Bernie to sports talk and Jim Thomas isnt long over there without a football team to cover. Their coverage of the Rams leaving was piss poor without Bernie (who couldnt criticize because he was on the Rams radio station) and Burwell, and Strauss was obviously limited.

But Hochman and Ortiz are painful to read. Its like they are trying to imitate the Bill Simmons (or other blog) long-form style but they have to cram it into a newspaper column. And they are pretty piss poor on radio interviews as well.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis

Wow....that dude is extremely salty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad