OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Specifically about the Rams...

Los Angeles has become busier with both the Los Angeles Kings and Los Angeles Lakers anyway.

As for the Rams, it will take at least 50 years for them to regain the minds, hearts, and souls of Los Angeles, especially after how Georgia Frontiere uprooted the Rams to St. Louis; it has come to the point both Kings and Lakers are now seen as the Top Two Teams in STAPLES Center, let alone Downtown Los Angeles (213) at the very least.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Ugh just got home

KirkOut said:
Alright how are they gonna blow their multi-TD lead this week?

And the sign said the words of the prophets were written on the HFBoards walls...

SweetyV

Apr 27, 2014
Man, just looking at our schedule...

Rams could be 1-9 after the next five games. Real tough stretch coming up.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Specifically about the Rams...

Los Angeles has become busier with both the Los Angeles Kings and Los Angeles Lakers anyway.

As for the Rams, it will take at least 50 years for them to regain the minds, hearts, and souls of Los Angeles, especially after how Georgia Frontiere uprooted the Rams to St. Louis; it has come to the point both Kings and Lakers are now seen as the Top Two Teams in STAPLES Center, let alone Downtown Los Angeles (213) at the very least.

It would take a couple games of competitive football for the fans to jump on board if an NFL team went to LA. There might be some people that hold a silly grudge, but most would forget and forgive once the team shows it is competitive. It's how sports works. Winning heals all.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
That was a rough game to be at last night. It's so frustrating to see a team start out so well and then flop so badly. At least I had good seats.

Edit: AJ starting tonight. Thank God.

Last edited:

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
It would take a couple games of competitive football for the fans to jump on board if an NFL team went to LA. There might be some people that hold a silly grudge, but most would forget and forgive once the team shows it is competitive. It's how sports works. Winning heals all.

Since the 1995 NFL season, LA Lakers own LA while the LA Kings are legitimizing West Coast hockey. That's how uprooted the Rams have become.

Also, I cant believe the Rams NFL team were named after Fordham University's school mascot. :snide:

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
So who are we gonna take with the top pick in the draft next year? I like Winston but he can't stay out of trouble, so he should fit right in

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
2 outs and this crap started. First inning, but I struggle to see a way back from this.

Also, nothing worse than seeing a pitcher complaining about bad fielding. You've loaded the bases, shut the **** up instead of showing anyone up.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So who are we gonna take with the top pick in the draft next year? I like Winston but he can't stay out of trouble, so he should fit right in

Mariota. Better prospect IMO, better mentally, and better skill-set for us. He can run the spread to play to our receivers strengths, but also the run game, which Fisher will want to do. We can start to resemble Seattle and San Fran.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
The sweet taste of redemption for Gruchuk!

I wish the batting order didn't mean Lackey is done. He was seriously cruising and I fear our bullpen.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Get you some, Grich!!! Seems like all of his hits are meaningful. None of them are singles with nobody on and two out.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I think I've seen enough of Randy Choate. His stats are padded by all the low leverage situations he pitches in. He is too often porous whenever he is in a big situation it seems

Ok now I've reaalllly seen enough haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad