OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2023-2024

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
I remember watching Lexx (Canadian sci-fi show) when it was new, just an episode here and there. It was weird. But I just started watching on Prime and was surprised to find there is a coherent story if you watch in order. Its a very unique and quirky show. I find that stuff from the 90s is more appealing to me lately. I also started revisiting X-files.
I tried watching Lexx back in the day and could never get into it, I just started re-watching Farscape and it is every bit as good as I remember it

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
I tried to get in a B-17 today, but I'm too claustrophobic. My wife and kids went through the WWII bomber, but it would have made me freak out.

I had a lot respect for the Greatest Generation, but seeing it in person is different.

One gun turret was under the plane. He sat there the whole flight, no other option. But he didn't "sit." He was curled under a machine gun in a horrible position. For many hours!

Braver men than me.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
I tried to get in a B-17 today, but I'm too claustrophobic. My wife and kids went through the WWII bomber, but it would have made me freak out.

I had a lot respect for the Greatest Generation, but seeing it in person is different.

One gun turret was under the plane. He sat there the whole flight, no other option. But he didn't "sit." He was curled under a machine gun in a horrible position. For many hours!

Braver men than me.
I went on a tour of the USS Alabama and they also had a sub there, the USS Drum from WWII
we went through it, I am 6’2,(well 6’1 now) and it was tight, I could barley make it into the conn tower, it was hard to walk through in a lot of places
they had submariner talking to people, and he told us half the equipment was removed so people could move through it on tours, I simply can’t see how they could do it for months at a time, even considering the average man in the US military was 5’8 and 144lbs

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
Hey Blues fans!

My family and I are headed to the game tomorrow night and had a question. I have an almost 3 year old son with Down’s syndrome and he’s not a fan of loud noises. Does guest services provide ear muffs for the kids or is that something I should buy and bring into the arena? I appreciate all your help!

Go blues!

wiscrev

May 25, 2019
Hey Blues fans!

My family and I are headed to the game tomorrow night and had a question. I have an almost 3 year old son with Down’s syndrome and he’s not a fan of loud noises. Does guest services provide ear muffs for the kids or is that something I should buy and bring into the arena? I appreciate all your help!

Go blues!
I would give them a call, but i would think you would have to provide them.

Reactions: Baby Doaner

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Hey Blues fans!

Go blues!
I’d be pretty surprised if the arena had a good option for a child that size, even if they did provide them more generally. As a parent, I’d prearrange ones of my choosing, to get the most comfortable option.

But as a parent of a special needs child, is there an upside to taking him at all? My daughter enjoys attending hockey now, but at that age it was a negative experience we didn’t push.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Bought a ton of Jake Neighbours hockey cards over the summer because I really like Jake and his stuff was cheap because he’s not likely to be a star. Now everything is like 3 times what I paid because he’s been scoring so much and it’s tempting to sell a bunch of them, but I really just enjoy collecting players I like so I probably won’t. Fun to see though and hope he keeps it up.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
So glad they put Jedi Survivor on sale for Black Friday. good 30 bucks spent. Pretty fun game. Even tho the PS5 version still has some graphical anomalies

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
So glad they put Jedi Survivor on sale for Black Friday. good 30 bucks spent. Pretty fun game. Even tho the PS5 version still has some graphical anomalies

Jedi Survivor was a good game, definitely worth $30 and the time. I did not enjoy it as much as the first one though. Some of these games just try to make the sequels too big and too accessible. They eased up on the combat difficulty, and gave you too many options. But still I love the series, it was a good time. Some really cool moments.

I am playing Chained Echoes. I've been wanting to play it but got the push as its leaving gamepass this month. I know some one recommended it here prior during an RPG discussion (Sorry I forgot who). I'm 7ish hours in. It is really good if you like old school RPGs. It is heavily inspired by 16-bit RPGs but does some cool stuff with the battle system and character progression that make it unique. It's a bit too easy so far but its really captured my attenton. It was amazingly made by one person. I am sure he had a bit of help with music and maybe some polish. But the dev on steam is just the guy's name, not company. If you like RPGs, check it out.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
i watched the DIII football championship, last night, one of the best football games I have ever seen
it was 0-0 in-spite of both teams moving the ball, in the next 30 minutes they scored 10 touchdowns and 2 field goals and the game was decided on a two point conversion stop

Reactions: bluesXwinXtheXcup

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Just had a fighter jet buzz my house. Not normal.

Reminded me of Virginia Beach, VA.

Encroachment was an issue in 2000.

Everybody was up in arms about encroachment on the city. It was top news, until 9/11.

After that day, not one word of encroachment. People wanted to hear F-18s, the sounds of freedom.

So, I appreciate the buzzings...

ToniJ1960

Feb 18, 2009
Just had a fighter jet buzz my house. Not normal.

Reminded me of Virginia Beach, VA.

Encroachment was an issue in 2000.

Everybody was up in arms about encroachment on the city. It was top news, until 9/11.

After that day, not one word of encroachment. People wanted to hear F-18s, the sounds of freedom.

So, I appreciate the buzzings...
I dont mind getting buzzed once in a while.

Reactions: bluesXwinXtheXcup

pseudoswede

Apr 7, 2011
Colorado
Now everything is like 3 times what I paid because he’s been scoring so much and it’s tempting to sell a bunch of them

You know what you could do if you sold them? Buy more Jake Neighbours cards...

I sold my baseball card collection, complete with an '85 McGwire rookie card, for a pretty penny about a month after he hit #70. I met the seller in the parking lot of the Schnuck's at Clayton & Big Bend (RIP). Sometimes you just gotta strike when the iron's hot.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Anyone else having issues where the ads on the site are merging into posts?

(With Example)

Attachments

• ad merging.png
    ad merging.png
    504.1 KB · Views: 2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad