OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2023-2024

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Not the actual restaurant, but Pappy's catered our lunch event (a few hundred people). The ribs are so bleepin' good.

Ah, okay. Yes, the ribs are really f***ing good, but everything else is really f***ng good as well; I think they won awards for their pulled pork. Just absolutely delicious BBQ, some of the best you'll find in the nation.

Reactions: pseudoswede

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
10-years in here. Ofc I lurked few years before creating account, but damn years fly by.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Regarding cannabis, which news reports today confirm that the DEA intends to reschedule ...

Be aware of how this will actually work. 1. There will be a period of challenges and review, it is by no means a decision that's automatic. 2. Whether or not rescheduling is actually finalized before the election depends on how badly it is needed electorally.

We are on Step 2 of 4, which is farther than we have come in over 50 years, but this isn't done at all.

edit - my partner is getting so many calls and questions about this from just everybody that we are joking about the voicemail she should set up. the rescheduling is going to have to be subject to public hearing period when both activists (who want it descheduled) and opponents (whose issues and ignorance combine to make them need the law to continue to say it is an irredeemable poison with no medical benefit whatsoever and should continue not to even be studied) will weigh in. Schedule 3 is where it will land ultimately if it does go through, but people need to understand there is no timetable for this and if it happens after the election it might not happen at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drubilly

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Beware of all the fiction being written right now about cannabis. For example I just got done with a belly laugh at the headline "Biden sends massive cash windfall to Calif. pot industry" because that is fiction written by an idiot who wants clicks. Nothing REMOTELY like that happened yesterday. All that happened yesterday was the casuals got stirred up. In the loins lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad