Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
The Last of Us is easily a top 5 favorite game of all time for me. Part 2 is almost as good. Much better gameplay, but the story misses by a hair (still a tremendous story). Being a story guy, that gives the edge to part 1. No game has never had me so invested. Some people say they disagreed with the main character's decision at the end. Not at all for me. I was with him all the way. I was cussing out the video game characters as I killed them. I wanted to make them all pay.

I loved what 2 tried to do with the redemption angle. I love how it subverted expectations, and didn't go where you would expect a game to go. I loved the characters, even when I hated them. I didn't feel quite the emotional connection I did in the first one though. That might be because parts of it were spoiled, or at least I got enough information to predict it. That robbed a lot of its narrative punch. But the gameplay was solid and really fun. It was a bit long, and a bit too dark. We didn't really need that final stretch. But those are minor gripes on an otherwise fantastic game.

The show was great too. But much like when a much loved book is adapted to a moive, it never holds up for me. The book is always better. The game is always better.
I’ve always found the people who criticized the ending of part 1 never seemed to know about the doctor’s notes regarding test subjects(also something the show left out). Those notes made me feel like the game ending was the easily correct choice. Especially since you can extrapolate that since there are other people who have shown at least signs of immunity, you have to wonder how many immune people were killed immediately after being bitten.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
the last of us part 2 is one of the worst games in recent memory, up there with MGS5 as the biggest turd. its so bad that it ruins the first game to a point where you never want to replay that gem again. and the worst part about that turd game is the AWFUL pacing, it overstays its welcome by 5-10hours.

both MGS5 and TLOU2 will never touch my pc or gaming devices ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad