Confirmed with Link: Blues extend Oskar Sundqvist (1 year @ $650k)

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Like this, he should be a regular on the 4th line and PK. Good defensively, limited offensive capability. He'll likely pan out as a 4C/RW but has 3C/RW upside.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Looking forward to seeing him, expecting him to be a quality 4th liner.

Sundqvist-Brodziak-Thorburn wouldn't be bad. Heavy line of guys that can play well defensively.

Jaskin can occasionally get some time in place of one of them.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
If he's on the NHL roster at that number, its pretty nice. I guess this is a prove-it deal. But if he doesn't 'prove it' he'll probably get snagged on waivers anyway.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Army seemed to pencil Sundqvist in as 3rd line C in his chat with Strick earlier today.

I read it just as he would be one of a few guys who would get a shot to earn it. Basically, Barbashev, Sanford, Paajarvi and Sundqvist will have an open comp for the 3rd line roles Berglund created. He said he'd get a look at the spot, not he'd be in the spot. Several people will probably get a look.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I don't understand why Sobotka isn't the automatic choice for that line, unless they have him in the top 6 (ugh)... by far our best faceoff guy, defensively responsible, and solid playmaker. I wouldn't put him on the wing.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I don't understand why Sobotka isn't the automatic choice for that line, unless they have him in the top 6 (ugh)... by far our best faceoff guy, defensively responsible, and solid playmaker. I wouldn't put him on the wing.

I forgot where i read it today, but its at the request of Sobokta. He didnt feel as comfortable at center coming back from the KHL. We literally have 1 unquestioned center in Stastny. 2 and 3 have an open competition between Sanford, Scheen, Fabbri, Barbashev, and Sundqvist. 4c might not be locked down by Brodziak either.....he was struggling down the stretch

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I forgot where i read it today, but its at the request of Sobokta. He didnt feel as comfortable at center coming back from the KHL. We literally have 1 unquestioned center in Stastny. 2 and 3 have an open competition between Sanford, Scheen, Fabbri, Barbashev, and Sundqvist. 4c might not be locked down by Brodziak either.....he was struggling down the stretch
Oh ok, that's surprising but then that makes more sense.

Well then I'd definitely give it to Barbashev. And Sundqvist/Brodz can handle the 4th line.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I can see it as maybe some posturing by Army. Not by any means saying it will happen but, I don't want Sanford or Barbie see the news of Berglund's injury and think the spot is theirs and kinda ease up this summer in training. Both had aspects to work on and the last thing we need is for them to come into camp not 100% ready mentally and physically.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Good grief, it's like open tryouts for center.
Stastny, Barbashev, Schenn, Sobotka, Berglund (when he's back), Sanford, Sundqvist, Brodziak.
Which are the 4 centers?

I'll guess:
Stastny
Schenn
Barbashev
Sundqvist (Brodziak moves to wing, and Sobotka stays on wing too until halfway through the year when Schenn moves to wing)

Then:
Stastny
Sobotka
Barbashev Ihe struggles off and on with the grind of the NHL season)
Sundqvist

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
So I'm pretty sure Tarasenko and Paajarvi are the only two forwards that haven't been talked about at center...

:laugh:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
We all saw Pierre Turgeon during the alumni game, I bet he's still better than half the guys on the list

What do you think it would it take to pry Dougie Weight away from Long Island? I'm pretty sure Adam Oates is available...:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad