Confirmed with Link: Blues Extend Jaden Schwartz; 2 years, 2.35AAV

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
About time. May the Schwartz be with you always. :bb:

Blues now 9th in the NHL in payroll overall right now if no salary dump trades happen mind you for this season, and just over a Million left in cap space with everyone signed.

After this season RFA's are: Tarasenko, Sobotka, Allen, Paajarvi, and Cole.

UFA's are: Lapierre, Porter, Lindstrom, Jackman and Leopold.

I still think a couple of salaries will be moved to create cap space because this is the Blues of course.

Sobotka isn't going to be an RFA after the season unless he comes back over at some point this year. He'll have to play out that 1 year contract.

Prairie Dog

Jul 28, 2014
Schwartz Deal is a steal!

The Blues got a steal with this one. Schwartzy was worth in my mind closer to that 3 mill a year. If he a couple of repeat years and stays relatively healthy he will cash in big time. Would like to see his Brother Rylan stick with the sharks. He is a much better natural scorer than Jaden but is no where the total player that Jaden is.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
The Blues got a steal with this one. Schwartzy was worth in my mind closer to that 3 mill a year. If he a couple of repeat years and stays relatively healthy he will cash in big time. Would like to see his Brother Rylan stick with the sharks. He is a much better natural scorer than Jaden but is no where the total player that Jaden is.

Haven't seen Rylan play.

Hockeynoitall

Feb 14, 2013
Haven't seen Rylan play.

Rylan and Jaden both played together with the prep school Notre Dame College in Saskatchewan. They played Junior A with Notre Dame and both were stand outs on that team. Jaden played as a 16 year old with that team and led all players in points. Rylan I believe led the team in goals. Rylan is currently up with the Sharks during the pre season. Saw him play the other night and he is doing quite well. Not sure if he will stick with them or move down to their farm team. I am from the same home town as the family and know thier mom and dad Ricky and Carol. They are a great family and with Jaden signing this contract couldnt of happened to a better guy and a great family since what they have been through the last few years with the loss of Mandy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad