Confirmed with Link: Blues Extend Jaden Schwartz; 2 years, 2.35AAV

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Well it is pretty obvious that LeBrun saying that Schwartz was looking for a little over $2.5m was exactly right. Insane that it has taken until now to get a deal done.

Still, it is only 10 days of camp. Glad the focus is all on the season starting now.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Damn I was looking forward to Biznasty being on that line with Tank and Jori. Oh well I guess I grudgingly accept this contract as good.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Nice deal. Hopefully we didn't piss him off for future considerations

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Lol at it taking that long for this.

Schwartz will cash in huge once this deal is up.

Bluesin7

Jan 29, 2014
Damn I was looking forward to Biznasty being on that line with Tank and Jori. Oh well I guess I grudgingly accept this contract as good.

I thought they moved Bis back to D to be on a line with Pietro? :sarcasm:

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Is he an RFA after this deal? Can other teams offer him an offer sheet then too?

SIU LAW

Apr 29, 2006
In light of the Year 1 salary and the AAV, it appears the Blues held the line and nearly got everything they wanted. The bump in Year 2 seems to be the only "win" for the player/agent.

Quite frankly, based on the reports regarding the player's/agent's demands and the final result, I can see why it took this long.

thigpen

Jun 6, 2011
SF Bay Area
Well army left himself with a million in cap space.....

I can see why Army wanted to keep the contract contained. If Tarasenko meets his performance bonus of 850k (very possible), the team exceeds the cushion and has to tack on the overage to next season's cap payroll. Just a possibility at this point, but prudent to consider nonetheless.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Yes, finally. Don't play around get him and camp and on to a line so he can start building some chemistry with his linemates.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I can see why Army wanted to keep the contract contained. If Tarasenko meets his performance bonus of 850k (very possible), the team exceeds the cushion and has to tack on the overage to next season's cap payroll. Just a possibility at this point, but prudent to consider nonetheless.

I completely forgot about bonuses.....

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
It's about time for this to have gotten done. I figured it would have taken closer to 3 per to get it done.

You weren't alone with that. Huge stone dropped out my heart. (Like everybody sayd no panic, but there was still this epic feeling they cannot get compromise). I think this is crazy how low Army settled this deal and Schwartz agents wasnt greedy.

What they would do this extra 1mill.$ maybe trade deadline some vacancy?

This happy happy joy joy time. :bb:

Btw what are terms and conditions for that 850k bonus completed?

Last edited:

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
About time. May the Schwartz be with you always. :bb:

Blues now 9th in the NHL in payroll overall right now if no salary dump trades happen mind you for this season, and just over a Million left in cap space with everyone signed.

After this season RFA's are: Tarasenko, Sobotka, Allen, Paajarvi, and Cole.

UFA's are: Lapierre, Porter, Lindstrom, Jackman and Leopold.

I still think a couple of salaries will be moved to create cap space because this is the Blues of course.

Last edited:

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Nice. Good for you guys.

Suck it Johansen (& Co). Yet another data point proving that guy is not worth anything close to what he's asking for. Reasonable bridge deals FTW.
#proveit

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
About time. May the Schwartz be with you always. :bb:

Blues now 9th in the NHL in payroll overall right now if no salary dump trades happen mind you for this season, and just over a Million left in cap space with everyone signed.

After this season RFA's are: Tarasenko, Sobotka, Allen, Paajarvi, and Cole.

UFA's are: Lapierre, Porter, Lindstrom, Jackman and Leopold.

I still think a couple of salaries will be moved to create cap space because this is the Blues of course.
Thank god, now we can actually focus on the team! Of that UFA list I hope they keep Lapierre for sure, and as long as Jax doesn't regress to much this season then I hope he comes back too. Everyone else on that list I hope the team is done with.

:bb:LGB:bb:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad