Power-Jokiharju
Bryson-Fitzgerald

Anderson

The view from Buffalo:
1649944375400.png

1649943967044.png

mab894

Nov 27, 2017
What is everyone thinking about the D pairings? Krug on the 3rd pair seems like a misuse of him IMO
Yeah but these d pairings allow Parayko/Scandella to be the shutdown pair. And Krug will have free reign to be creative offensively on the pairing he's on. It's a good problem to have imo but I still think they are still easing Krug back in

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What is everyone thinking about the D pairings? Krug on the 3rd pair seems like a misuse of him IMO
As long as everyone plays well, the top guys will get their minutes. If Scandella/Parayko can be a legitimate top pair defensively, then I prefer Leddy or Krug on the 3rd because then we'll always have some top 4 quality guy on the ice at a time. Krug also has chemistry with all the RHD guys, so they can shift him up anytime there is an offensive faceoff.

Zezel’s Pretzels

May 25, 2019
These are all good points; I just want Krug to get the minutes I think he deserves. And if him being on the 3rd lightens the load of 1st and 2nd, that's goodness too.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
These are all good points; I just want Krug to get the minutes I think he deserves. And if him being on the 3rd lightens the load of 1st and 2nd, that's goodness too.
First of all, this is good problem to have. But so long as Scandella can hold up on 1st pair we can have 3 strong pairs. And if Krug gets less wear and tear, that is good thing. keep him fresh for playoffs.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Buffalo is going to roll us tonight, and that’s ok. They deserve some positive momentum heading into next year. Power makes their entire defense better; he and Dahlin should the backbone of a great team for years to come. Tage & Tuch will be a nice duo up front. Solid young team, finally turning the corner.

Throw in the fact that they’ve got 8 combined first & second round draft picks for the ‘22 & ‘23 drafts, on top of an already top-5 (league-wide) prospect pool and you can’t help but think the drought is almost over if you’re a Sabres fan.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Buffalo is going to roll us tonight, and that’s ok. They deserve some positive momentum heading into next year. Power makes their entire defense better; he and Dahlin should the backbone of a great team for years to come. Tage & Tuch will be a nice duo up front. Solid young team, finally turning the corner.

Throw in the fact that they’ve got 8 combined first & second round draft picks for the ‘22 & ‘23 drafts, on top of an already top-5 (league-wide) prospect pool and you can’t help but think the drought is almost over if you’re a Sabres fan.
You don't think they'll find some way to f*** that up with their ownership group? I want to believe it because that fanbase deserves something to be excited about.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
On my perfect world Krug is a 3rd pair, top PP unit guy (who takes sporadic shifts in the top 4 when offense is needed and matchups allow). If you can build a good enough top 4 without him, letting him rip apart the bottom half of rosters from the 3rd pair is a damn good use of his skill set.

Scandella/Parayko have been playing some damn good hockey lately. Even though I'm not sold that they can shut down an elite top line over a 7 game series, it is hard to split them up at the moment.

Leddy played really well in Krug's absence and has quickly earned Berube's trust. 6 even strength points in 12 games is pretty damn good and Faulk's play didn't really dip by swapping in Leddy. I'm not really sure whether Leddy/Faulk or Krug/Faulk is better long term (I'd guess Krug/Faulk), but I have no problem giving them an extended look together. Especially if Berube isn't going to break up Scandella/Parayko.

We know what we have in Krug/Faulk. They are a damn good sheltered 2nd pair. We went on a winning streak with Scandella/Parayko and Leddy/Faulk as the top 4, so now is a great time to see how Krug looks on the 3rd pair. If it doesn't work out, we can go back to Krug/Faulk and they'll be okay.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I wouldn't read much into Krug on the 3rd pair. He'll be back in the top 4 once he's back to full strength. The fact that he only played 14 minutes Tuesday shows that he's not 100%.

Seems like a good game to play Binnington before Husso plays the big game on Saturday vs. the Wild. The Sabres could easily play spoiler, but I think the Blues will keep rolling and beat the Sabres tonight. But if they are looking ahead to the game Saturday then the Sabres might give us some trouble.

Reactions: Blueston

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006

I love that! Always been a Sabres fan.

Reactions: eibyyz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad