Blues/Blackhawk Rivalry Special on NBCSN tonight at 9:30

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Cool. I'll tune in if I remember. I'd like to hear Coach Q's input(assuming he'll be on the show). Bollig could probably give some interesting feedback as well. Any info on who will actually be on? Is it just current players/coaches or past guys like the Hulls? I'd love to hear how they saw the rivalry.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Cool. I'll tune in if I remember. I'd like to hear Coach Q's input(assuming he'll be on the show). Bollig could probably give some interesting feedback as well. Any info on who will actually be on? Is it just current players/coaches or past guys like the Hulls? I'd love to hear how they saw the rivalry.

I'm honestly not sure. I looked for that and I couldn't find anything on it. Apparently it's going to air an encore of tonight's show on Wednesday at 5:30 our time. Which is right before the pregame of the Blues/Hawks match up.

I did find this article with a little bit of info on it but not much.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/9/26/4773724/nbcsn-two-new-hockey-shows

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I thought it was decent but it needed to an hour program as it felt a little rushed. That way you could spend 30 min on the history of the rivalry and the last 30 minutes on the current state of it. In this show it was about 20 minutes of history, which was interesting for sure, and a quick 10 minute on what's currently going on. That was my only issue.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I thought it was decent but it needed to an hour program as it felt a little rushed. That way you could spend 30 min on the history of the rivalry and the last 30 minutes on the current state of it. In this show it was about 20 minutes of history, which was interesting for sure, and a quick 10 minute on what's currently going on. That was my only issue.

Yeah, it was okay. I wish it was a bit longer, but there were some interesting stories.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Considering talks of getting rid of fighting are at an all-time high, I'm glad they focused a lot on the intensity and violence of the rivalry. Ultimately, I think the NHL is trying to sell the memories of old divisional rivalries more than they really want to go back to them, but at least it looks like they know what fans love and what can make the game special. I'm not just talking about pure cruelty on ice, but that will always be an important ingredient of high level hockey to me.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
I concur as well that I wish it was longer but a good addition by the NHL Sports Network. I never get tired of seeing the halcyon days of the rivalry late 80's thru mid 90's playoff series and St. Patricks day massacre in 1991 in the Old Chicago Stadium and Belfor being a sore loser and meltdown after the Blues swept the Hawks in 1993.

Last edited:

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
Can I somewhere re-watch this? couldn't find it on NHL.com or youtube.

Noticing your location in Austria notwithstanding, and every one else who wants to watch this is that is a rebroadcast of this episode is on tonight @ 5:30 PM Central US time on NBC Sports Network, and tonights game is also on NBC Sports Network with a 7PM start not Fox Sports Midwest.

superblues

:sarcasm: implied
Oct 29, 2011
I thought the historical portions of the show were interesting and nostalgic. The current portions felt forced and rushed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad