Post-Game Talk: Blues @ Avs 6 PM MDT | He came, he yelled at clouds, he conquered

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Hockey was a team sport last time I checked and as someone who saw almost every single one of Varly's games with the Loko I'm not worried about him one bit.

:huh:

Last I checked Varly was tasked with stopping goals, not scoring them. Hard to blame him for the Avs scoring woes.

Last time I checked, Varlamov has given up a goal in the first five minutes of the game in three of his past five starts. As I said, he puts the team in a hole that they often can't climb out of, so it's not surprising that he's nine games under .500 while JS Giguere has a winning record.

Dude's like Trevor Kidd. Flashy but wildly inconsistent.

Huis Clos*

Last time I checked, Varlamov has given up a goal in the first five minutes of the game in three of his past five starts. As I said, he puts the team in a hole that they often can't climb out of, so it's not surprising that he's nine games under .500 while JS Giguere has a winning record.

Dude's like Trevor Kidd. Flashy but wildly inconsistent.

Using win/loss record is a terrible way to judge a goaltender.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Using win/loss record is a terrible way to judge a goaltender.

The best stat to use IMO (and still flawed) isn't very friendly to Varly either.... .901 isn't an acceptable save percentage. That said I am not worried about him. When he has confidence he can play like a top 10 goalie, he just needs to play that way next season and use this one as a throwaway year.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The best stat to use IMO (and still flawed) isn't very friendly to Varly either.... .901 isn't an acceptable save percentage. That said I am not worried about him. When he has confidence he can play like a top 10 goalie, he just needs to play that way next season and use this one as a throwaway year.

It's seriously uncommon for a goalie to have a GAA of 3+, and a save percentage above .900 though. That should say something as well.

I think we all know that Varly hasn't played well as of late, but we also know that even when Varly was playing well. The team hung him out to dry and we lost more often than not anyways.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
How is 1st round pick around 10th-15th not focal point? You know Shattenkirk was drafted as 14th overall.

Because maybe Shattenkirk wasn't a draft pick when he was traded? The FOCAL POINT of the trade was Johnson for Shattenkirk + Stewart. Sure the draft picks could end up skewing it one way or another but the main aspects of the trade were Johnson for Shattenkirk and Stewart

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Because maybe Shattenkirk wasn't a draft pick when he was traded? The FOCAL POINT of the trade was Johnson for Shattenkirk + Stewart. Sure the draft picks could end up skewing it one way or another but the main aspects of the trade were Johnson for Shattenkirk and Stewart

And the world is best viewed through a window right? I don't mean to be a smart ass but unless you're talking about strictly from a 'right this moment media' perspective. Your argument is arbitrarily narrowing how the trade should be judged, especially when you eliminate two major pieces of the trade.

I guarantee you that shortly after the trade went down '11th over all' was a fairly significant piece to the trade. Rattie's success is a above average pick in the second round. They are both pieces that will have an impact on how the trade is viewed years from now. Especially if one or both of them hit their full potential.

Forsberg wasn't initially a major part of the trade that brought him over was he?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
And the world is best viewed through a window right? I don't mean to be a smart ass but unless you're talking about strictly from a 'right this moment media' perspective. Your argument is arbitrarily narrowing how the trade should be judged, especially when you eliminate two major pieces of the trade.

I guarantee you that shortly after the trade went down '11th over all' was a fairly significant piece to the trade. Rattie's success is a above average pick in the second round. They are both pieces that will have an impact on how the trade is viewed years from now. Especially if one or both of them hit their full potential.

Forsberg wasn't initially a major part of the trade that brought him over was he?

You are not understanding the point, the point was that the two picks were just that, two picks and both teams respectively made their own choice on the players that they liked. However, Johnson for Shattenkirk + Stewart will forever be regarded as the center piece of the deal

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
closed ,
The new thread for tonight's game ( again against St-Louis ) is up and it could confused people to have two GDT vs St-Louis going head to head .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad