GDT: Blues @ Avs 2: Electric Blue-galoo| 8pm CST| FSMW|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
giphy.gif
Canuck fan in peace and empathy (McDavid tornado survivor). Saw the score and came here. You didn't disappoint - these were awesome.

As always, thanks for the laughs.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
@Ranksu

have any other Finnish goalies??

Blues don't draft finnish players, 'cus our amateur scout had fun time picking up funny names to draft.

Team has been awful, but Husso 70% save is concerning.

Team played perfectly. D-core is mesh in. Krug and Faulk at penalty killing is really genius move by our coaching staff. Dunn showing up his game big time at d-zone.

@Ranksu Do not watch this game. Do not look at the box score. Do not ask how Husso did.

I cant think of better situation where our goaltender gets debute game. It was success. And those goal, they were soft as kitten soft. All was Husso's fault.
This should keep ransku quiet about husso for a while.

Hmm, me quiet. Sorry I think I'm going to starting up.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I think losing Bortuzzo at the beginning of the game just really threw them off. It really hurt them on the penalty kill. Just have to throw this one away and come back for the next one. I hope Bortuzzo is ok.
He had some cobwebs from that hit. I think it's just the automatic concussion protocol, and he'll be good to go on Monday.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
My only thought on this effort tonight is to say COL can't be written off. The boys weren't ready to go and COL came out looking for blood...

Anyone saying COL is a pushover, please take note of tonight's game... They're clearly not unbeatable looking at game 1 but ...

In a season full of back to back matchups, it's going to be important to adjust to what your opposition does from game to game.

Reactions: Bluesnatic27

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
He had some cobwebs from that hit. I think it's just the automatic concussion protocol, and he'll be good to go on Monday.
They announced he had an upper body injury though, rather than saying he was in the concussion protocol or the quiet room. Maybe this is the new standard for the announcement, and maybe they announced as such to put more pressure on for a hearing for Nichushkin. If we leave Denver with Blais suspended and no investigation for that hit on Bortuzzo, I would be pissed.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So did the Avs just keep piling on when they had a PP? Didn't put out some scrubs?
They rested Makar, Mackinnon, Landeskog and Rantanen for the last 10 minutes. Neither of them were on the ice for the last 3 powerplays. Actually every single player on their roster had at least 1 minute of PP time with the exception of Timmins who had 58 seconds.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
They announced he had an upper body injury though, rather than saying he was in the concussion protocol or the quiet room. Maybe this is the new standard for the announcement, and maybe they announced as such to put more pressure on for a hearing for Nichushkin. If we leave Denver with Blais suspended and no investigation for that hit on Bortuzzo, I would be pissed.

They will review it. So each team has taken one on the chin in these first two games. It's gonna be a battle with these Avs all season.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
These next 8 points / 4 games are all games you’d like to expect St Louis to win. They are teams we don’t expect to be competing for the top of the division. But it’s early in the season and every team is playing with hope now. If the Blues play with any degree of entitlement, hard to believe after last night, they’ll probably have some disappointing losses. Now is the time to accumulate some points.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
These next 8 points / 4 games are all games you’d like to expect St Louis to win. They are teams we don’t expect to be competing for the top of the division. But it’s early in the season and every team is playing with hope now. If the Blues play with any degree of entitlement, hard to believe after last night, they’ll probably have some disappointing losses. Now is the time to accumulate some points.
I’d hope they feel entitled to exactly nothing after giving up the touchdown and two point conversion last night.

Reactions: Ridge1982

DeuceNine

Like You Read About
Aug 6, 2006
Stymieville
We had big losses to Boston in the Final too. Big deal. Two powerhouses going toe to toe, this can happen. We just need to beat who we should and let the chips fall with everyone near the expected top of the division.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
I’m not gonna pretend anything like this can be established after one game, but I’ve been surprised more people were not worried about our PK going in the season. It’s been a weird discourse, as everyone just wants to talk about how much our power play would improve (we already were at 25% or there about last year without Hoffman and Krug, which is generally about as high as a PP% can be sustainable), which was 3rd in the league, but it feels like we took a step back in Penalty Killing which was already 18th. Playing teams like Colorado and Vegas could really expose that potential weak spot.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad