Half-Assed GDT: Blues at exploding plasma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Yeah man, I've been harping on his tracking. He can see. Allen cannot.
I think Allen just doesn’t fight through stuff the same way. Like that goalie non-interference play vs Boston where two guys wiped him out of the crease. I really think if it had looked like Allen was fighting to get back in the play he would have gotten that call. Instead, he looked like he had bought a ticket on the Lazy River. I think he is somewhat similar in how he deals with traffic in front of him.

I know Binnington will slash a guy in his way if he has to, amd willing to face him down if he has to. I feel that translates into his willingness to fight through screens too.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
A few people were blaming the d for Allen's struggles but now that there is actually a competent goalie back there he's allowed 2 goals in 3 games.

So is it the d making Allen look bad for Allen making the d look bad?
This +10000

Team doesn't trust Allen. He doesn't fit in this team.

Maybe Allen does have locker room problem?

Reactions: Bendak

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
A few people were blaming the d for Allen's struggles but now that there is actually a competent goalie back there he's allowed 2 goals in 3 games.

So is it the d making Allen look bad for Allen making the d look bad?
I feel like there's been a lot of objective evidence for awhile that it was the goalies making the defense look worse than it actually is.

That's not to say that the defense hasn't had some rough spots themselves, especially early in the season, but it's been solidly above average for a long while now in a ton of different metrics, and was very good last year as well.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I think Allen just doesn’t fight through stuff the same way. Like that goalie non-interference play vs Boston where two guys wiped him out of the crease. I really think if it had looked like Allen was fighting to get back in the play he would have gotten that call. Instead, he looked like he had bought a ticket on the Lazy River. I think he is somewhat similar in how he deals with traffic in front of him.

I know Binnington will slash a guy in his way if he has to, amd willing to face him down if he has to. I feel that translates into his willingness to fight through screens too.

Pretty funny!

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I feel like there's been a lot of objective evidence for awhile that it was the goalies making the defense look worse than it actually is.

That's not to say that the defense hasn't had some rough spots themselves, especially early in the season, but it's been solidly above average for a long while now in a ton of different metrics, and was very good last year as well.
If its obvious to us, then why are there so many rumors about Armstrong entertaining trade offers for literally anyone? I hope this is just a case where the media have exaggerated it beyond reason, and that its just Armstrong doing due diligence. Because the two moves he needs to make are:
head coach
starting goalie

And I credit him for releasing Johnson and moving up Binnington. There probably aren't any palatable trade options right now to bring in a better starter, but at least this is something that impacts one of these issues for next year, seeing what Binnington can be.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
If its obvious to us, then why are there so many rumors about Armstrong entertaining trade offers for literally anyone? I hope this is just a case where the media have exaggerated it beyond reason, and that its just Armstrong doing due diligence. Because the two moves he needs to make are:
head coach
starting goalie

And I credit him for releasing Johnson and moving up Binnington. There probably aren't any palatable trade options right now to bring in a better starter, but at least this is something that impacts one of these issues for next year, seeing what Binnington can be.
That's his job. There have been a good bit of underperformance by players this year. Listening to offers doesnt mean your forcing guys out the door.

I agree with what needs to be fixed. That needs to be addressed well before trading key guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad