Half-Assed GDT: Blues at Caps 2pm CT

converseman54

Apr 13, 2017
STL
I really hope we don't play the Caps again next preseason. Wilson's injured 3 guys in 4 games. And it's guys fighting to make the team. That pretty much ends their chances of making it

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
yeah, they will have another preseason loss and wilson will sit for 2 games

can't wait til he headshots someone every blues preseason game until forever

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Dude it’s preseason. Nobody cares about the scoreboard...
Yes I'm aware that it is still preseason. I just mean I'd rather our guys focus on getting their last tune up in before the regular season starts, then retaliate on a hit that has already been handled with Wilson getting a match penalty.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yes I'm aware that it is still preseason. I just mean I'd rather our guys focus on getting their last tune up in before the regular season starts, then retaliate on a hit that has already been handled with Wilson getting a match penalty.
Most of these guys aren’t even gonna make the team lol. They should be hitting the Capitals hard any chance they get.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Very good period for Mikkola and Jaskin. I like seeing Perron dart in and out of traffic. Thomas is getting comfortable - a few great reads on the PK, too.

Reactions: mk80

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Caps announcers act like Wilson simply got caught spending and are worried that he will miss a few games.

Pathetic.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
NHL won’t do anything to stop players like Wilson!! You have to still have someone on the roster that challenges him and keeps players like him honest!!’
The Blues literally had Thorburn out there when it happened.

What did that accomplish?

Nothing.

You can't stop crap like this from happening by having a tough guy out on the roster, or even on the ice. Mixing it up afterward isn't going to stop stuff like this from happening again, either.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
I’m of the opinion that suspensions should carry over to the games against the team that was harmed. So, if Tom Wilson gets 10 games let’s say, 2 of the games are held over for when the Caps play the Blues. It doesn’t really help the Blues out if Wilson is suspended for games against teams in the Midwest but is rested and ready to go for games against the Blues.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012

Nothing.

You can't stop crap like this from happening by having a tough guy out on the roster, or even on the ice. Mixing it up afterward isn't going to stop stuff like this from happening again, either.
Not to mention linesmen are quick to break up and prevent any fights now, even on the shot of Thorburn confronting Wilson the best they could do was face wash each other because the linesmen didn't let a true fight break out.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

Nothing.

True. A 20 game suspension will help

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

Nothing.

People will never understand this. Our guys routinely got cheap shotted when we had the toughest guy in the league on our team. It does nothing.

Reactions: Blueston

converseman54

Apr 13, 2017
STL
I’m of the opinion that suspensions should carry over to the games against the team that was harmed. So, if Tom Wilson gets 10 games let’s say, 2 of the games are held over for when the Caps play the Blues. It doesn’t really help the Blues out if Wilson is suspended for games against teams in the Midwest but is rested and ready to go for games against the Blues.
I'd like to see the suspended player's salary go to the person he injured. Sundqvist could use some of that sweet dough Wilson just got

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Sanford that was brutal. So was Johnson there. Have to catch that fluttering puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad