Half-Assed GDT: Blues at Avs :: Just another game, folks

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Last game boys, let's do it!

a0dffkW.jpg

zTkZC3r.jpg

sorry if I omitted you, there are only so many slots

This good sir is freaking gold. Love it.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I'm ambivalent to make a prediction about this game. I want to be optimistic, but I've not seen the same level of tenacity from this year's club that we have in years past. I could always expect them to put in the effort when they had fallen behind. They didn't always win, but they gave it hell and made a game out of it even when faced with a superior team. That's not this team. It really just depends on, like with our goaltender, which guys show up.
If I were to know which goalie would start, and IF Allen will, indeed start(perish the thought), how long a leash he'd get, I'd stick out my neck and make a prediction. Unfortunately, we cannot know these things.

I will say that IF Hutton starts, AND The Blues score the first 2 goals(and don't use up too much of their energy reserves in doing so), The Blues will win. :D

Reactions: Bendak

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Just put all my vcash on the Blues (and a small bet on "Thug" Rose Namajunas at UFC 223). If the Blues lose, I will be very sad and poor. But what's the point of vcash if not to bet on your favorites. Save betting against them for real money.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Rooting for you guys tonight. I love what St Louis did in the face of management giving up. Please end Colorado.

Our GM likes sending messages to the team by trading away key players at the TDL. It really motivates them.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I can't make it once again. I guess I'm on LTIR! :). Go Blues! ( I might be able to drop by during the 3rd.)

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
If you like old time hockey and seeing the crease cleared, you put me in the right spot. I pity the foo who camps in from of Gumption.

Ol’ VG is pretty good at clearing out forwards on his own too.

I perfected the technique of putting my stick over the spine proctector and pushing straight down. Worked every time. You know you’re good at it when you can do it right in front of the ref and the forward gets the penalty. :laugh:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'm glad I'm paired with Mike Liut. That way if I happen to tear my ACL, I can know for sure that the doctors giving me a 6 month recovery timeline are full of shit. He'll be right in my ear re-assuring me that I won't be healthy until at least 10 months. :sarcasm:

Then Perryturnbullfan can finally get into the lineup and him and Mike can create the ultimate beef on the bun, crease clearing duo that the league hasn't seen since Pronger got cloned in NHL Hitz.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
God I hope they don’t play cautious trying to get to OT. Win the f***ing game.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
All day, I have had a feeling like Schenn is going to dominate tonight like he did the game he got 2 goals in and provided the energy. Of course Hutton was in that game, so I don’t know how much energy Allen will suck out of him.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Yes. But who would believe that Ranksu is The GM of a team with no Finns?

We should play:

Forwards
D. Brownnsiemi - Robb Kekkalainen - Bobbi Ortuzzomaki
Ajax Manifestonen - Lord Helixuoto - Al Klhlaikkala
T. H. Alliseiskanen - Kirk Outoksanen - O. B. Erynamaki
The Dizzeeamaa - Vlad Ysgumptionpaa - Piggy Smallsarjala

Defencemen
Elk Raniosaari - Blani Kavisto
Mike Liutaikkala - Blue Dreamamaa
Major Itiofoneonen - Matti Mothirtifiveallela

Goaltenders
Celtic Noteikkalaa
Simon Incanadaanta

Coach: Eastoni Bluesikkinen
GM: Ranksu Hockeypaa

I left out the umlauts so y'all could read these. :naughty:

wow man that was fantastic!! I'm really impressed how well you fitted them in the finnish surnames.

1373870034.gif

Last edited:

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
If the Hockey God wanted us to make the playoffs we wouldn't have blown the first game against the Blackhawks, with mere seconds left in regulation no less. Right?... RIGHT?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad