Blues ask for Larkin

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Oh yeah, no way I'd trade Larkin for him. I'm saying that I would even hesitate to do something like Svechnikov+1st because you run the risk of only having Shatty for 1 year.

Can't they make the trade with the opportunity to talk to Shattenkirk beforehand on a contract extension?

Kind of like how Toronto traded for Andersen and quickly extended, and Buffalo traded for O'Reilly last year and pretty quickly extended. I mean, I'm assuming those were not coincidences.

I imagine the deal is contingent on that, to be honest. Seems like other teams have done it?

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Shattenkirk only has one more year left on his contract.

That's beyond asking high. That's bonkers.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Shattenkirk's whole value will be determined if he has willingness to sign an extension. No one is gonna pay any good price if it isn't 99% sure he will extent.

I can see a trade at next summer for his negotiation rights. Nothing else.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
NBC's story links to the Detroit Freepress which HSJ says this with no sources even mentioned; "St. Louis has to decide what to do with defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk, but on first chatter the Blues wanted Larkin, which is a no-go."

Excellent journalism all the way around.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
NBC's story links to the Detroit Freepress which HSJ says this with no sources even mentioned; "St. Louis has to decide what to do with defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk, but on first chatter the Blues wanted Larkin, which is a no-go."

I strongly doubt a lot of what Freep and Detnews reports...such as Nyquist and Tatar for JBo. I think a lot of it is covering for Holland not wanting to make trades. I think Holland keeps telling them these ridiculous demands and the reporters run with it.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Originated from HSJ, how convenient?

I almost wonder if every time Holland can't get a deal done he asks HSJ to write a story saying the team asked for Larkin.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Originated from HSJ, how convenient?

I almost wonder if every time Holland can't get a deal done he asks HSJ to write a story saying the team asked for Larkin.

HSJ: Stamkos signs with TOR for 10x7, per Ken Holland: "Stamkos demanded Larkin as his houseboy, price too high".

evolutionbaby

Jan 7, 2012
"When the first chatted..." could mean a lot of things. That could have very easily been last year and it was just reported now. I doubt STL would be asking for Larkin.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Why would he do that when he know full well a report would come out to refute it?

Maybe no one has called it out before?

What do you really get for refuting it in the media. Why would that be worth your time, as the other team?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Okay, I guess it's more likely HSJ is just bad.

I generally don't get all the hate she gets, like at all, but in this instance the phrase A YEAR AGO is very important.

Nice of Strickland to clear that up for us. He's the go-to guy with Blues stuff and is always reliable. Good to know Doug Armstrong isn't completely unreasonable.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I generally don't get all the hate she gets, like at all, but in this instance the phrase A YEAR AGO is very important.

Nice of Strickland to clear that up for us. He's the go-to guy with Blues stuff and is always reliable. Good to know Doug Armstrong isn't completely unreasonable.

She's a terrible writer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad