Blues ask for Larkin

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I would still do Svech+1+2 for Shattenkirk. I only think about trading Larkin if Pietrangelo is coming back, and STL won't do that.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
I would love Shatty but I think Cam Fowler is a more realistic option that would fit the bill well. He is also locked up for two years at a good cap.

Fowler may not be a number one but I would gladly take him as a legit number two. Fowler, Kronwall, Green, Dekeyser would get the job done for us.

Anaheim needs a top six winger, we have a couple who would part with. We could add a 1st into that mix as well. Def a player I think we have the assets for without destroying us.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Wow no way. They asked for Larkin?

Every team asks for larkin. There's a thing called negotiating. Can't believe some person would report and write up on it

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
I would still do Svech+1+2 for Shattenkirk. I only think about trading Larkin if Pietrangelo is coming back, and STL won't do that.

Just my opinion, but that's too many futures.

I'm fine with doing tats + lottery protected 1st + lesser adds. If ya have to add Svech then I guess maybe you do that and I could live with it, but I'd rather hold on to that guy -- I think he's like only 1 year away judging from what I saw of him in his brief appearance with the Griffins during the playoffs.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
I would love Shatty but I think Cam Fowler is a more realistic option that would fit the bill well. He is also locked up for two years at a good cap.

Fowler may not be a number one but I would gladly take him as a legit number two. Fowler, Kronwall, Green, Dekeyser would get the job done for us.

Anaheim needs a top six winger, we have a couple who would part with. We could add a 1st into that mix as well. Def a player I think we have the assets for without destroying us.

Yeah I've come around to this way of looking at it also in like the span of a day. Shattenkirk is better, but I have my doubts at this point about being able to sign him. Seems like he's got his mind made up he's going to the Rangers from what I've read.

Fowler is signed for one more season than Shattenkirk, plus I think resigning him after that expires shouldn't be too difficult in theory given he's a local boy. Should be a deal to be had somewhere around Tatar/Nyquist +. If that + is a 1st rounder, then that would tough pill to swallow for sure. Would rather give up a first than Mantha or Svech though, given that one is NHL ready, and the other is just about there.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Wonder what they're asking from other teams. Honestly with only 1 year left on his contract I wouldn't pay much for Shatty.. not unless we KNOW we can re-sign him.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
This is only news if they asked for Larkin and only Larkin.

I'm very suspicious about these reports. How come whenever we have a potential trade target, the media comes out saying the other side is asking for an arm and a leg, before the trade target of interest gets traded to someone else for half the price?

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I still wouldn't give up Larkin.

To me he's an untouchable.*shrugs*
Oh yeah, no way I'd trade Larkin for him. I'm saying that I would even hesitate to do something like Svechnikov+1st because you run the risk of only having Shatty for 1 year.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Oh yeah, no way I'd trade Larkin for him. I'm saying that I would even hesitate to do something like Svechnikov+1st because you run the risk of only having Shatty for 1 year.

I should clarify: when I say Svech+1+?? I am referring to a signed Shattenkirk. Rights to negotiate deal followed by trade.

It is kind of strange that Detroit media always reports us as getting these outrageous demands. I don't really trust local sources when it comes to the Wings.

MrTaterSalad

May 29, 2011
I'm glad that Kenny didn't send a kid packing for once. Holland making this deal would have been as bad or worse than the Jay Bouwmeester deal he was considering a few years back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad