Blues are one of the top picks to be Wild's 2021 Winter Classic opponent

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Why wouldn’t the Wild want yo play the best team in the nhl? Unless they want an easier game?

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
Top 3 choice would have to be Blues, Jets, or Avalanche. I would say Stars, but NHL won't put same team in back to back Winter Classic.

Blues- 2019 Champions
Avalanche- MacKinnon & Rantanen big stars
Jets- Schifele, Wheeler, Connor as stars

Stars- Moving of the team, but AGAIN NHL won't put them in back to back Classics.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I’d love for it to be the Blues but I’d be fine if it’s Colorado. They’ve never been in a Winter Classic, they’ve got a few big stars, they play a fast, exciting brand of hockey and they’re a Central Division rival.

The Blackhawks don’t remotely deserve it and I can’t see NBC or even the NHL really wanting it to be the Jets. I’d be shocked if they pick a Canadian market.

Dallas would make sense under normal circumstances but agreed that they’re very u likely considering they played this year’s WC. That takes out Nashville as well.

tomin

AintNoSeats
Sponsor
Dec 18, 2014
It would be cool to see the Blues play in another. I would be fine with Colorado getting the invite as well. I always prefer to get teams in that have never played in one before, not out of some patty cake patty cake everything is fair and even situation, but more so its brutal as a middle/smaller market team watching and waiting all the time. I guess they are similar but I hope you get the point.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I thought the Av's were in a stadium series game? Outdoor games are all the same, so I got no problems with the Blues getting a 2nd if they Av's already had one.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I'd actually rather see the Avs than the Blues. There's definitely some animosity between the Wild and Avs to spice it up, and they deserve to be in a Winter Classic.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I thought the Av's were in a stadium series game? Outdoor games are all the same, so I got no problems with the Blues getting a 2nd if they Av's already had one.
Avs will have their 2nd outdoor game in CO in a few weeks (Feb 15th). It will be at the Air Force base football stadium. They are having lots of problems trying to sell tickets to it too. Well over half the stadium is still available to purchase tickets.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Avs will have their 2nd outdoor game in CO in a few weeks (Feb 15th). It will be at the Air Force base football stadium. They are having lots of problems trying to sell tickets to it too. Well over half the stadium is still available to purchase tickets.
I wouldn't worry. After their banner-worthy win last night those ticket sales should really pick up.

Reactions: HerpaDerp

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I wouldn't worry. After their banner-worthy win last night those ticket sales should really pick up.
Robert-De-Niro-Oh-you.gif

Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad