Rumor: Blues and Barbashev not close on a contract

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
More than Sanford, less than Sundqvist... one would think this shouldn't be a very difficult number to agree on. :dunno:

Blues probably want the lower end of that scale like $1.75M, and Barbashev wants the higher end like $2.5M.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
More than Sanford, less than Sundqvist... one would think this shouldn't be a very difficult number to agree on. :dunno:

Blues probably want the lower end of that scale like $1.75M, and Barbashev wants the higher end like $2.5M.
I think the Blues are playing hardball with him since he has no arb rights and therefore little leverage.

I agree with you, logically somewhere around 2 mil makes sense.

But I have a feeling the Blues are trying to get him for 1.5 in order to keep some cap space.

Reactions: NNCbama

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Blues are probably offering 2ish, and Barbashev probably wants Sunny's deal. Both are reasonable in their asks IMO. Blues might be low-balling to 1.75, which Barbashev shouldn't take.

The gap shouldn't be large enough where it prevents a deal, especially if it's just for 2 years. Barbashev showed how important an effective 4th line is in the playoffs.

Reactions: NNCbama

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Call me crazy but I think having Sunqvist and Barbashev on the fourth line is why St Louis won the Stanley cup

Pay the guy dammit.

Reactions: Mike Liut

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Call me crazy but I think having Sunqvist and Barbashev on the fourth line is why St Louis won the Stanley cup

Pay the guy dammit.
They definitely played a big part. We struggled when they were out of the lineup.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The Blues got Perron back after trading him to the Oilers, so I think it's only fair that the Blues give the player(Barbashev) they got with the pick they got for Perron back to the Oilers.

Whatcha think?

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
It's a bad gamble for a depth player without arbitration rights to go and play this game. It never works out.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
The Blues got Perron back after trading him to the Oilers, so I think it's only fair that the Blues give the player(Barbashev) they got with the pick they got for Perron back to the Oilers.

Whatcha think?

Wasn't the Perron pick the Pens gave up the pick that was traded for Reinhart that the Isles drafted Barzal with?

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018

700K apart is "not close"?

I'd say that's nothing to panic about. Like @BlueDream said, it's the difference between 1.8 and 2.5 million. That's got to be one of the easier negotiations going on. One side isn't crazy low, and the other isn't disastrously high.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
700K apart is "not close"?

I'd say that's nothing to panic about. Like @BlueDream said, it's the difference between 1.8 and 2.5 million. That's got to be one of the easier negotiations going on. One side isn't crazy low, and the other isn't disastrously high.

I mean it kind of is a large gap when we’re talking about it be almost 150% of an increase.

Real money and cap dollars sure. It’s not terrible. But in regards to it only being 700k that’s a lot relative to the ask/offer.

In my opinion if we want the cap space cut ties with Sanford or Edmundson. Barbashev is one of the furthest pieces from expendable that we had last season.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111

Whatcha think?
We'll go see if we can pick up PRV on waivers and send him your way.

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017

Really going out on a limb here...

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
It's not serious. It's a joke based on Dreger saying a bunch of offersheets were coming to Marner and nothing happening lol.

lol well I feel like an idiot

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad