Blues Almuni Winter Classic Roster

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Marty is playing because we have no one else, Joseph cant forgot the reason, Fhur has really bad knees, and through out the years what has been the Blues biggest weakness ...... You bet your arse its been goaltenders. We have had a parade of different goalies as far as I can remember, should we have asked Turek back?

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Neat to see. Would've actually liked to see how he did.

Might be in the minority, but glad to see Pronger playing. He's whole deal with ARI or whoever the hell has him means nothing at this point to me. Just good to see that he can actually still go out and do what he loves.

I will never get the people giving Pronger crap, people act like he got hurt on purpose. He is the only player I have ever seen get so much **** for sustaining a career ending injury. Im sure he loved getting all those headaches :shakehead

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
Pronger certainly more than deserves to be there. I'm surprised though, I had thought he wouldn't be up to doing it due to his health.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I will never get the people giving Pronger crap, people act like he got hurt on purpose. He is the only player I have ever seen get so much **** for sustaining a career ending injury. Im sure he loved getting all those headaches :shakehead

There are people who actually give him ****? That's pretty sad...

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Pronger certainly more than deserves to be there. I'm surprised though, I had thought he wouldn't be up to doing it due to his health.

Is he okay now? Glad to hear he's somewhat past his concussion issues. He was a pain in the butt and jerk for opposing teams ... but man was he good. I truly hope he's in better health.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
ahhh.. Garth Butcher... one of the best hockey names, ever!

but yeah, Brodeur and Gretzky... um, no.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Gretzky has been very tied to the St. Louis Blues post-retirement. His wife is from here, and you see him multiple times during the year at games and other Blues events, so it's not like he's just showing up for the game. He never wanted to leave St. Louis, but Mike Keenan drove him away.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Gretzky has been very tied to the St. Louis Blues post-retirement. His wife is from here, and you see him multiple times during the year at games and other Blues events, so it's not like he's just showing up for the game. He never wanted to leave St. Louis, but Mike Keenan drove him away.

understood... and he's also still good friends with Hull, I believe. The same could be said for Pronger... doesn't he live in St. Louis?

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Marty is playing because we have no one else, Joseph cant forgot the reason, Fhur has really bad knees, and through out the years what has been the Blues biggest weakness ...... You bet your arse its been goaltenders. We have had a parade of different goalies as far as I can remember, should we have asked Turek back?

I was hoping maybe Fred Brathwaite would be available :sarcasm:

As for the bolded, he's playing in the Leafs almuni game I believe around the same time.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Not only is Gretzky not done, but he's playing on the Blues's team? Honestly whenever I hear about him on the team I'm reminded that he was ever on the Blues. I understand him playing in any Oilers/Kings team, maybe even Rangers since he did play for them a few years.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Not only is Gretzky not done, but he's playing on the Blues's team? Honestly whenever I hear about him on the team I'm reminded that he was ever on the Blues. I understand him playing in any Oilers/Kings team, maybe even Rangers since he did play for them a few years.

He also has close ties with St. Louis as his wife and her entire family are from and live here. That could have played a part in why he decided to play.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Lol at people making noise about Brodeur playing for the Blues.

It's almost like he works for the ****ing organization. Wow that might be a reason he's playing. Who would have ever connected those dots!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad