Confirmed with Link: Blues acquire Marcel Goc for Max Lapierre [PIT]

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
um...huh? I mean I like Goc just fine but Lapierre was doing well in his role. Good PKer, winning faceoffs, agitating, even chipping in some goals. Hopefully Goc still has some gas left in the tank

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Lapierre was cheaper by $100K, not seeing the brilliance here Armstrong...

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
How has Max been for you guys in terms of face offs and PK? really the only thing goc was good at here?

Good. Looks like we are trading 1 unused #4 pencil for another unused #4 pencil.

Now, for the real question, who the hell uses #4 pencils.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
I have no strong feelings about this what so ever.

Seriously, Goc is probably the better player by a lil bit.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Trading to be trading.....

Lappy seemed less effective this year....maybe gotten "lazy" or too complacent. He has been directly responsible for a few GA.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Ok so my fear is this. Reports are that Porter is progressing well and will likely be back soon

This could set up a Porter-Ott-Reaves 4th line. I don't mind that, but that could indicate they are pluggin Goc in on the 3rd line over Jaskin, which I do mind.

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
Goc is solid in a 4th line role. His biggest asset is that he wins face offs and doesnt make mistakes. If you pair him with competent line mates he can be a plus but don't expect him to create on his own

Apr 28, 2013
St. Louis
I was never really that impressed with Lappy's game, even on the PK. From what I've seen/read Goc should be an upgrade, however insignificant it might be since we're talking about 4th liners.

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
Talk about coming out of nowhere. I just saw Goc playing tonight for the Pens so obviously this came about fast. I thought Lappy played well here but Goc is probably a better skater. Seems like a lateral move at best though.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Ok so my fear is this. Reports are that Porter is progressing well and will likely be back soon

This could set up a Porter-Ott-Reaves 4th line. I don't mind that, but that could indicate they are pluggin Goc in on the 3rd line over Jaskin, which I do mind.

I sure hope you're wrong about that 3rd line. But, we all know Hitch would put Ott in that third line wing spot first :naughty:.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
This makes sense only IF they've been secretly talking with Sobotka, and he has agreed to return this season, AND Sobotka's current KHL teammates have also agreed (for an under-the-table amount of cash, to deliberately throw enough games to ensure they don't make The KHL playoffs). :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2013
St. Louis

We all know that what's really gonna happen is Porter-Goc-Reaves will be the 4th and Ott will be our new winger for Staz

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Lappy was never the agitator for the Blues that he was known for. He just played hard

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
We all know that what's really gonna happen is Porter-Goc-Reaves will be the 4th and Ott will be our new winger for Staz

god damn it how did I not see this possibility.

Also looks like Brodeur wants to be the only French-Canadian in this organization

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
They're so similar...whatever...okay.

Haha yeah, such a sideways move for a 4th liner...doesnt Goc even cost more (CAPGEEK!!!!!!)?

I liked Lapierre, he seemed to step up when we needed it. Goc is fine, and has a bit more skill. Blues seem to be placing a minimum on physicality. Why couldnt we have gotten rid of Ott.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad