Blues 3 Stars - Game 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Went with 91 93 and 1 but there were a lot of worthy candidates including 10, 6, 4, 19, 23, etc

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
Tarasenko because well he is da bomb, Gomez for not missing a beat with Stastny out, and Parayko for that damn nice poke choke and then turning around and getting that assist on Gunnarson goal.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Tarasenko
Elliott
Gomez

Parayko had a couple nice plays on the last goal but he was shaky in the first two periods.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Tarasenko - duh
Gomez - Played great today.
Elliott - Kept us in the game earlier and made several big games.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I know I'm gonna vote for Frank and Elliott, but man so many deserve the 3rd star.

J-Bo
Pietro
Gomez
Edmunson
Upshall
Brodziak

I'm going with;

1.) Tarasenko
2.) Elliott
3.) Edmunson

Joel deserved it for having such a good game, in only his 6th NHL game.

NM: Gomez, Upshall, J-Bo, Pietro, Brodz

Jaskin would've deserved some mention too, but that dirty trip/slash knee on knee put him out imo.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Parayko had a pretty rough game, till breaking up that breakaway attempt at the end and the assist. Surprised he's getting more votes than Edmunson, who had a much better game all day from beginning to end.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
A 3rd game in a row in which there should be 6-10 stars.

How can anyone not vote for Pietrangelo, when he played 47 minutes, and 24 of them on the PK! (which is about 2 more min than The Blues had penalties! :naughty:

I voted for Tarasenko, Gomez, and Elliott. But, Bouwmeester, Pietrangelo, Brodziak and Upshall could be added.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Tank -- No doubt
Gomez -- I hope the old guy can keep it up until we get some guys back
Edmundson -- Best game of his short career.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Damn, forgot to vote for Elliott. He had another good game in net. Tarasenko is lethal. Gomez looks good if you put him on a line with scorers. Thought Upshall and Gomez really connected. Edmundson was good. Parayko was just okay in first two periods, but really redeemed himself in the 3rd. Already has an Al McGinnis goalie killer slapshot, lol. Gomez looks really good on PP unit, he is a great puck distributor.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
No question

Elliot - Kept us in it early. Stopped every shot he could.

Jaskin - Had primary assists on both two goals and was a big reason for both goals. Hell of a pass on Upshall goal and drew coverage away from Tank on his goal.

Tarasenko - Should just rename these threads 2 stars and Tank. Has anyone not voted for him every game?

HM - Jbo, Edmundson, Upshall. But those 3 above stood out head and shoulders above in my mind.

Honest question, and looking for hopefully an honest answer. Would those who voted for Gomez still have voted for him if Panger wasn't pointing out every little thing he did all broadcast? That type of thing automatically makes me sour on someone. So I might be biased against. However, others might trust Panger and think he was better than he was. While he was good, he didn't look THAT special out there. He had a nice assist (which would have been an innocuous cross ice pass if Tarasenko wasn't so deadly) and a steal to start the rush on Upshall's tally, but not much else that I could see.

Sushiko

Don’t touch my Bozak
Jul 7, 2011
PHX AZ
I didn't see the game but I wanted to say I find it odd that NHL gives two of the three stars to the Jets players. Did they outplay us despite the loss? I mean, I've seen them maybe give the third star to the losing team but two of them, not that I recall.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I didn't see the game but I wanted to say I find it odd that NHL gives two of the three stars to the Jets players. Did they outplay us despite the loss? I mean, I've seen them maybe give the third star to the losing team but two of them, not that I recall.

IIRC it's the local media that determines the official 3 stars at each game. So that's why you often get homerific picks

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Stars are not about teams but individual efforts. Pavalec played really well. Despite giving up 4 goals, he had a bunch of really good saves, robbing Blues players. It would have been much uglier if not for him. I think Ells deserved it over him, but he was definitely good despite the stat line. Not sure why Stafford got the 3rd one. His goal just deflected off of his elbow and I didn't see much else. But I believe it is the local media who picks the stars not the NHL, so there is always some hometown bias. For those picks, there ddefinitely as some of that going on. The worst pick ever was by Philly press. Emery got lit up so bad in a game vs the caps he had to be pulled. But he beat own Holtby in a goalie fight (that Holtby wanted no part of)/ Philly media gave him the first star despite being horrible in net and getting yanked.

We were sloppy early, gave them a lot of powerplays. Came back and played well at the end. Got way more shots and scoring opportunities. I was never really concerned once we took the lead. We were in control.

Sushiko

Don’t touch my Bozak
Jul 7, 2011
PHX AZ
Thanks for the info and the game update. I hated to miss it but had to work. I thought maybe it was a local pick, but wasn't sure. I don't remember the last time I saw 2/3 from the losing, but I don't usually check the 3 stars on the app like today. Hell im just glad we won. Trying To catch the highlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad