Blues 3 Stars - Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
1. Elliott (He played great, should have had a shutout)
2. Tarasenko (Not just the goal, but played like he just does)
3. Pietrangelo (Beautiful passes and defensive play, even with his fluke goal against)

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Tarasenko BECAUSE you can't stop him

Fabbri because HYPE TRAIN!!! toot toot

Pietrangelo, he started out shakey then got his game on and dominated

Elliott with the HM and when I say that...he absolutely deserves the 1st

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Fabbri
Pietrangelo
Brouwer

Brouwer worked his ass off all game
Petro turned it around and got reckless with those stretch passes. He also was that calming presence for the Legend of Gooch
Fabs worked hard and buried a great pass from Lehtera.

HM: Tank, Elliott

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Actual impact on the game, Pietro, Shatty, Elliott. But I can't argue with Tarasenko and Fabbri for being in the right places at the right times and executing. It was a team win.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
1) Elliott
2) Tarasenko
3) Fabbri

HM- Petro, Shatty, Schwartz, Parayko

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
1.) Elliot (screwed out of a SO)
2.) Tarasenko
3.) Shatty (was instrumental in both Frank and Fabs goals, just got no points or love apparently.)

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I went with

Tarasenko, Fabbri, Elliott

Although I thought Parayko played really well and even covered for a few rookie mistakes from Edmundson

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Pietro Elliott Lehtera

Lehtera's pass was worth a star in itself.

He had my vote for that very same reason.

Elliott, Lehtera, Fabbri

Moose was Moose (should have had the shutout) and Fabbri, even with limited minutes, was a factor in all three zones. Really like his game without the puck, and his confidence with the puck is just going to soar now that he has his first goal.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Tough call after Tarasenko and Elliott for me. I went with Shattenkirk. Wanted to give some love to Fabbri and Petro as well, but I followed the rules :)

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
1.) Elliot (screwed out of a SO)
2.) Tarasenko
3.) Shatty (was instrumental in both Frank and Fabs goals, just got no points or love apparently.)

Pietro and Bouwmeester were the pairing on the ice for Tarasenko's goal. Bouwmeester defended Purcell, Pietrangelo took the puck, cut back, sent the pass up to Tarasenko, and got the assist for it.

I'm not calling out you, specifically, it's easy to mistake a player here or there; but with comments like these and the significant rash of people who think Shattenkirk is better than Pietrangelo, I seriously wonder how often people unknowingly confuse one for another.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Pietro and Bouwmeester were the pairing on the ice for Tarasenko's goal. Bouwmeester defended Purcell, Pietrangelo took the puck, cut back, sent the pass up to Tarasenko, and got the assist for it.

I'm not calling out you, specifically, it's easy to mistake a player here or there; but with comments like these and the significant rash of people who think Shattenkirk is better than Pietrangelo, I seriously wonder how often people unknowingly confuse one for another.

My bad, I could have swore Shatty was in the play on the Tarasenko breakaway. Then again I was at work, and somewhat distracted. However I wasn't saying Shattenkirk is better than Pietrangelo (he is better offensively but that's besides the point.) just that I thought he played a great game, and deserved more votes imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad